Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 07:37 PM

6,811 posts, read 6,948,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Liberals I know, including myself, would like to see something done. We knew he wouldn't and couldn't really built a wall--no one was dumb enough to actually believe that--but he said that doing something about illegal immigration would be one of the first things he would do.

Doesn't look like he's going to go any further on this than Obama did. They are already criminals because they came here illegally. What doesn't he understand about illegal?

Our borders are not safe.
The man has been in office four days. He doesn't even have his full cabinet yet. (thanks, Democrats). He has always said his first priority is getting rid of the illegals that present a danger to American citizens. Criminals, gang members, etc. Claiming he isn't going to follow through at such an early stage just isn't fair.

That wall is going up. No matter how many times people have claimed he can't do this, that or the other thing, he has proven them wrong. Get ready to eat your words.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2017, 09:07 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,007,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Being AGAINST illegal immigration is being a "simpleton"? Really?

Tho in 2017; calling me a simpleton is better than being called a "lib". lol
No, you are not being called a simp because you're against illegal immigration. Rather it's because you believed all the nonsense Trump was preaching and now that he's in he's already backtracking. There is no way he is going to cancel DACA and target its beneficiaries.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LS Jaun View Post
Personally, I would be happy with that, wouldn't you?

Considering I don't ever remember Obama coming out against Illegal Felons, he must have been ok with them being here.

Here's a list of them:

Victims of Illegal Aliens Memorial

Add these to Obama's Pardon list

"Homeland Security has made some gains in detaining criminal aliens but still released into the community nearly 20,000 immigrants last year who’d already been convicted of crimes — including hundreds charges with sexual assault, kidnapping or homicide"

Thousands of illegal immigrants convicted of homicide, sex assault released into community - Washington Times
I'm no defender of Obama nor illegal immigration. However, I do recall him and his DHS chief repeatedly stating that illegal immigrants with felonies are their main priority. I believe statistics are there to prove that. Also, remember what the Supreme Court ruled about holding non-citizens indefinitely.

Old 01-26-2017, 08:09 AM

17,344 posts, read 11,285,635 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
I told you so! Illegal immigrants (except those with serious criminal records) aren't going anywhere under Trump. Too many simpletons were expecting their so-called messiah to fulfill his campaign promises, well, let the ranting and raving begin.
On the contrary, they are going somewhere. They're going back to wherever they came from. Trump is putting things into priorities. With about 20-30 million illegals here, the first priority is to get rid of the criminals....that's only logical.
You won't and don't hear any ranting and raving about this. Eventually, something will be done with the dreamers one way or another. By then, our borders will be secure, the wall will be under construction and millions of illegals will already have deported themselves.
Trump has thus far done an outstanding job in only a week in keeping his promises much to your disapproval.

Old 01-26-2017, 11:08 AM

1,184 posts, read 720,671 times
Yes i believe its coming in future. At least a halt in processing Daca or renewing expired ones. In the execurive order yesterday it outlined the priority deportations

(e) Have abused any program related to receipt of public benefits;

Most of these dreamers and parents received some kind of welfare and will be booted

Old 01-26-2017, 11:42 AM

9,727 posts, read 9,730,662 times
Let the "dreamers" stay until they are 18 and able to enlist in the military and then deport their parents. Problem solved.

Old 01-26-2017, 11:53 AM

9,725 posts, read 14,266,863 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by in_newengland View Post
Liberals I know, including myself, would like to see something done. We knew he wouldn't and couldn't really built a wall--no one was dumb enough to actually believe that--but he said that doing something about illegal immigration would be one of the first things he would do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Can I borrow your crystal ball? I want to know what the winning lottery numbers will be.
That's what I was thinking! Just say it, and they think everyone will believe it. Liberals are just hoping Trump will fail. What they don't realize is, if he fails, we all fail. Dooms day posts such as the one Oldglory references aren't helping our country.

Old 01-26-2017, 03:15 PM

1,510 posts, read 1,007,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by marino760 View Post
On the contrary, they are going somewhere. They're going back to wherever they came from. Trump is putting things into priorities. With about 20-30 million illegals here, the first priority is to get rid of the criminals....that's only logical.
You won't and don't hear any ranting and raving about this. Eventually, something will be done with the dreamers one way or another. By then, our borders will be secure, the wall will be under construction and millions of illegals will already have deported themselves.
Trump has thus far done an outstanding job in only a week in keeping his promises much to your disapproval.
20 million illegals? Sounds wrong. Trump said the Dreamers are good people, so I bet they are staying. Also, remember that Obama already deported the most violent criminals so I don't see his admin matching or even exceeding the previous admin figures.

Old 01-26-2017, 03:25 PM

1,204 posts, read 873,061 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevinm View Post
Let the "dreamers" stay until they are 18 and able to enlist in the military and then deport their parents. Problem solved.

Could be military or other beneficial "volunteerism"

Even the more hardcore people I know regarding illegal immigration aren't thrilled with deporting the dreamers particularly if that person has done well in school, no criminal activity etc.

Because lets be somewhat real, a 2 year old probably didn't have much of a say in the matter coming here.

Old 01-26-2017, 03:44 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,906,907 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bullandre View Post
20 million illegals? Sounds wrong. Trump said the Dreamers are good people, so I bet they are staying. Also, remember that Obama already deported the most violent criminals so I don't see his admin matching or even exceeding the previous admin figures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMANDTHOM View Post

Even the more hardcore people I know regarding illegal immigration aren't thrilled with deporting the dreamers particularly if that person has done well in school, no criminal activity etc.

Because lets be somewhat real, a 2 year old probably didn't have much of a say in the matter coming here.
All illegal aliens NEED to go. If a Dream Act person was serious; he'd go back home and, apply to come here legally.

Old 01-26-2017, 06:13 PM

62,970 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JIMANDTHOM View Post

That may be true but when they reached 18 they were responsible for their own status in our country. Allowing them to remain here would be rewarding their parents for bringing them here illegally. Then we would hear the weeping and wailing of "separation of families" if we deported their parents.

Dreamers number around 2 million that we know of. That would be 2 million people competing for the scarce jobs we have today for Americans or spots in our military. Nope, they are here illegally and must go home with their parents and apply to come back legally within our annual quotas.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration