Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2017, 03:35 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times

Advertisements

Brown said while federal law may overrule state law on immigration, California would use its enacted protective measures for undocumented immigrants. A variety of state measures offers the undocumented access to higher education and limit the state’s cooperation with federal immigration authorities.

“We may be called upon to defend those laws and defend them we will,” said Brown. “We will defend everybody — every man, woman and child — who has come here for a better life and has contributed to the well-being of our state.”

Gov. Brown’s State of the State: ‘California Is Not Turning Back. Not Now, Not Ever’ | KTLA

Jerry Brown: YOU need to be charged, held then tried for violating US law.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2017, 04:01 PM

62,959 posts, read 29,141,740 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Brown said while federal law may overrule state law on immigration, California would use its enacted protective measures for undocumented immigrants. A variety of state measures offers the undocumented access to higher education and limit the state’s cooperation with federal immigration authorities.

“We may be called upon to defend those laws and defend them we will,” said Brown. “We will defend everybody — every man, woman and child — who has come here for a better life and has contributed to the well-being of our state.”

Gov. Brown’s State of the State: ‘California Is Not Turning Back. Not Now, Not Ever’ | KTLA

Jerry Brown: YOU need to be charged, held then tried for violating US law.

He's got a lot of nerve defying federal immigration laws. No one has a right to a better life by breaking laws and taking from others what doesn't belong to them. These illegal aliens are not contributing to the well being of Calif. they are stealing jobs, taxes and resources from us.

Last edited by Oldglory; 01-24-2017 at 04:19 PM..

Old 01-24-2017, 04:07 PM

9,324 posts, read 16,665,015 times
Default Federal Funding

CA is given almost a third of the money they need to run the state by the Federal Government. I guess they are willing to give up all those pesos so Egotistical Maniac Jerry Brown can have his way.

Old 01-24-2017, 04:41 PM

610 posts, read 533,286 times
‘California Is Not Turning Back. Not Now, Not Ever"

Reminds me of:
"And I say . . . segregation today . . . segregation tomorrow . . . segregation forever."

And we know what happened to that jackass who tried to defy federal law.

Old 01-24-2017, 04:44 PM

4,582 posts, read 3,408,767 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellwood View Post
CA is given almost a third of the money they need to run the state by the Federal Government. I guess they are willing to give up all those pesos so Egotistical Maniac Jerry Brown can have his way.
They will just raise taxes on the rich, then 2/3 of the rich will happily pay it.......then they will pass a departure tax for those who don't.

Old 01-24-2017, 06:45 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert137 View Post

Reminds me of:
"And I say . . . segregation today . . . segregation tomorrow . . . segregation forever."

Agreed.

IMHO most illegal alien fans would be slave owners IF that crap was still legal in 2017 cause their kind like their cheap labor who can be cheated.

Old 01-24-2017, 11:47 PM

3,614 posts, read 1,736,550 times
Brown is a putz. His cute little state laws can't supersede federal laws. I hope President Trump sends the National guard in declares martial law and overthrows that tyrant Brown and every other illegal alien supporting criminal Governor. mayor and politician. These people are traitors. AMERICA FIRST! AMERICA NOW! AMERICA 4EVER!

Old 01-25-2017, 07:50 AM

5,701 posts, read 3,222,313 times
I would like to see these officials behind bars. Set an example, President Trump. You willingly violate the law of the land, you must pay the consequences.

Old 01-25-2017, 08:14 AM

13,650 posts, read 20,777,671 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert137 View Post

Reminds me of:

Not to mention Ft Sumter about 100 years earlier.

Jerry is in good company.

Old 01-25-2017, 08:36 AM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Agreed.

IMHO most illegal alien fans would be slave owners IF that crap was still legal in 2017 cause their kind like their cheap labor who can be cheated.
I agree. It isn't only the cheap labor part that attracts them to the illegal aliens but the fact that they can exploit them in every which way especially when it comes to safety and worker's benefits. Rather than fix dangerous working conditions, citizen workers are replaced with illegal aliens who will keep their mouths shut! I have seen this here.

Gosh, this makes Brown look really ignorant too as to how federal laws work. Cut them off financially. All of those illegals and anchors bring in extra federal dollars to their state. Rich people love illegal labor that we subsidize with our tax dollars!

Did Brown mention all the illegal aliens that die in the desert coming into the country to get to states like his to be exploited?

I follow a blog of a full-time RVer that I have been familiar with over a couple of years. They just took a job gate guarding in TX down by the border. They were told that they may see illegal aliens and not to give them water or food or word would get out and it would become a regular stop. For me, and I oppose illegal immigration more than most anyone, if a family came to my RV door and looked desperate and were asking for water and had little kids with them, I know that I would give it to them. I am aware of the illegal aliens dying in the desert from dehydration having lived in the Tucson area for 6 years.

For the good of these people who are taken advantage of by their own people to get across the border and the perils they face after crossing the border, we need to build the Wall and have a very serious talk with Mexico and other countries where these illegal aliens are coming from about taking care of their own and if they are not, we need to put embargos on those countries and not a dime of any assistance.

Money talks and we all know it.

I could never refuse someone a drink of water. Yeah, I would not want to work near the border like that.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration