Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2017, 04:28 PM

20,524 posts, read 15,903,758 times

Advertisements

Penn State says posters that someone has put up on university bulletin boards calling on people to report those in the country illegally are "deeply offensive," saying they "appear to be designed to provoke anger, fear and hate."

Officials said the posters began appearing on public bulletin boards on the main campus at State College. The university's student newspaper, The Daily Collegian, said images of the posters had been circulating on social media earlier in the week. An image published by the paper included the message, "It is your civic duty to report any and all illegal aliens. They have broken the law."

Penn State Calls Immigration Posters 'Deeply Offensive' - ABC News

Uh; Penn State: ILLEGAL aliens are offensive and, need to be sent OUT of the US. Period.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2017, 04:34 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,984,259 times
...man, i gotta get into the 'anxiety dog' rental business...

Old 02-12-2017, 04:37 PM
NCN

21,663 posts, read 25,630,850 times
I think we need a national number where people can report illegals without identifying themselves. These people have been here for years. They have more rights than legal citizens do. That is wrong and will never be right.

And if they do not deport themselves, they should be put on a list to never get to enter this country again. It is time for law and order to come back to our country.

Old 02-12-2017, 04:49 PM

25,961 posts, read 22,120,062 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
...man, i gotta get into the 'anxiety dog' rental business...
Proper name: "emotional support" and yeah, but would you really want a dog you owned with someone like that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post
I think we need a national number where people can report illegals without identifying themselves. These people have been here for years. They have more rights than legal citizens do. That is wrong and will never be right.

And if they do not deport themselves, they should be put on a list to never get to enter this country again. It is time for law and order to come back to our country.
https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...legal-activity

When they reenter after being tossed out, it is a felony. We need to make changes, and I saw someone suggesting a camp where they would be hauled with a large staff of judges so they could be processed quickly and get the boot back across the border. No reason to continue to using tax dollars to feed, shelter and clothe them.

The thing is that is a state college and putting up something like that is a "fit".

Last edited by AnywhereElse; 02-12-2017 at 04:58 PM..

Old 02-12-2017, 05:35 PM

2,974 posts, read 1,984,259 times
...you're right ...if a poster freaks them out, my two dogs would make them soil themselves...

Old 02-12-2017, 06:21 PM

3,997 posts, read 4,142,915 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by justus978 View Post
...you're right ...if a poster freaks them out, my two dogs would make them soil themselves...
Good dogs!

Old 02-12-2017, 07:37 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,880,554 times
Penn State? The University that tried to cover for a serial pedophile? That Penn State?

Old 02-12-2017, 07:48 PM

24,621 posts, read 19,165,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
Penn State says posters that someone has put up on university bulletin boards calling on people to report those in the country illegally are "deeply offensive," saying they "appear to be designed to provoke anger, fear and hate."

Officials said the posters began appearing on public bulletin boards on the main campus at State College. The university's student newspaper, The Daily Collegian, said images of the posters had been circulating on social media earlier in the week. An image published by the paper included the message, "It is your civic duty to report any and all illegal aliens. They have broken the law."

Penn State Calls Immigration Posters 'Deeply Offensive' - ABC News

Uh; Penn State: ILLEGAL aliens are offensive and, need to be sent OUT of the US. Period.
Quote:
Originally Posted by boneyard1962 View Post
Penn State? The University that tried to cover for a serial pedophile? That Penn State?
Yeah, that Penn State.

There are many illegals who entered the US on student visas. Universities need to work with ICE to help keep tabs on them, deporting them when they're no longer compliant with the student visa.

Old 02-12-2017, 08:29 PM

7,068 posts, read 6,469,000 times
I'm "deeply offended" they used the word "immigration posters" when it should have read "illegal alien posters". That's an insult to those who legally migrated here.

This nonsense of so many in the media to have a tough time to write the words "illegal alien" and instead use "immigration" or "undocumented immigrant" to mean the same thing is beyond laughable/pathetic.

Next up....home burglar in the new world order now = Undocumented person in one's house.

Old 02-12-2017, 10:18 PM

7,687 posts, read 5,121,674 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NCN View Post

I've been saying this for years.

800-deport
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration