Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 04:59 PM

4,252 posts, read 3,170,586 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacoder View Post
Mmm Reagan was the first to introduce amnesty for illegals. Maybe conservatives should apologize.

It was one of the few mistakes he made. Perhaps we should learn from what he did, lets not make the same mistake again!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-08-2017, 12:38 PM

9,742 posts, read 4,491,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carcrazy67 View Post
It was one of the few mistakes he made. Perhaps we should learn from what he did, lets not make the same mistake again!
So you are for deficit spending and running up the debt?

Old 03-09-2017, 01:55 AM

13,233 posts, read 7,286,273 times
Illegal immigration driven by illegal employment, and the fact that their kids who are born here become instant citizens and are eligible for welfare and food stamps is what causes the problem. It is common practice for the Man to work with stolen SSN#, and woman to work under the table for cash while their 4-6 american born kids are getting welfare. In my state AZ home building used to be union jobs until the 1970-80s when they were replaced with illegals. At first illegals were day laborers then they slowly became what today are owners of sub contracting companies. Since they do not need to be licensed they can subcontract under the general contractor it's easy for them to operate their illegal business. I personally know someone who had a business framing homes in the early 2000's he went out of business because he could not compete against illegal subcontractors. What Trump needs to do is send ICE down to these sites where home builders are building homes and round up the illegals get rid of them. It would only take some raids to take care of the problem once those higher skilled workers are gone home builders will think twice about subcontracting to illegals again.

Here you can read how National home Builders want to keep their low cost illegal workers http://www.nahb.org/en/research/nahb...migration.aspx

The misconception which I hear all the time is American's don't want these jobs not true what has happened once Unions were busted and driven from home construction industry skilled workers who the union had programs in place to train them were gone and left the industry most to lower paid jobs. These are the people who voted for Trump because industry's were getting forced out like coal and by illegals immigrants.

While this is in a 10 year old news report on illegals in the home building industry nothing has changed since it has only gotten worse. http://www.seattletimes.com/seattle-...legal-workers/

Last edited by kell490; 03-09-2017 at 02:05 AM..

Old 03-11-2017, 08:57 AM

6,620 posts, read 5,006,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom Lennox 70 View Post
It's not just the steretypical agricultural jobs liberals love stressing. Where I live, Americans still work in most restaurant kitchens, fast food, housekeeping and construction jobs because there are few illegals here in West Virginia. In places like the DC area, Los Angeles, Chicago, etc all of those jobs are filled by illegal aliens and there is no blue collar work available for native-born Americans.
why do you want to jobs i thought they were entry level jobs that you are supposed to be able to feed yourself with, thats the conservative line i hear when ppl talk about a living wage, you should be happy that they take the sub living wage jobs.

Old 03-11-2017, 09:52 AM

20,524 posts, read 15,895,818 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
why do you want to jobs i thought they were entry level jobs that you are supposed to be able to feed yourself with, thats the conservative line i hear when ppl talk about a living wage, you should be happy that they take the sub living wage jobs.
"Sub living wage jobs" would go for lots more $$ if only done by Americans and legal aliens? Do you have a problem with that or are you like the old slaveowners of 1850?

Old 03-12-2017, 09:05 AM

5,051 posts, read 3,577,041 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Packard fan View Post
"Sub living wage jobs" would go for lots more $$ if only done by Americans and legal aliens? Do you have a problem with that or are you like the old slaveowners of 1850?
McDonald's and Starbucks are not going to pay more - without killing their demand.

Perhaps we should apologize to the Indians for taking their land and killing them in the process. After all we are all immigrants and I don't think most of our ancestors got visa before entering the US.

Old 03-12-2017, 09:30 AM

25,940 posts, read 22,089,429 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DUNNDFRNT View Post
We have many American citizens interested in white collar jobs: Report: Undocumented getting more white-collar jobs

We have many construction workers interested in working again: https://www.thesocialcontract.com/bo...on-worker.html

Are There Really Jobs Americans Won

Civil-rights commish: Blacks hammered by illegal immigration

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post
McDonald's and Starbucks are not going to pay more - without killing their demand.

Perhaps we should apologize to the Indians for taking their land and killing them in the process. After all we are all immigrants and I don't think most of our ancestors got visa before entering the US.
We have high school and college kids to do those jobs. Here, it is difficult to impossible anymore for a student to get a job because of the illegal aliens.

Hey, if someone would have given me subsidized housing, food stamps and a fistful of cash every month to raise my kids, I could have afforded to work part-time, probably not at all, for minimum wage as could my husband, but then, my husband was in the picture more than just to procreate!

Don't even bring the Indians into the conversation until you go back and study World and American History as I was required to do in high school in order to graduate, one had to pass the course.

Geesh, do you not even know that when our ancestors came in originally that there was no government in place with immigration laws? Google for immigration laws prior to the arrival of the pilgrims.

These criminals broke the law when they entered the US, hands out and bellies full of anchor babies, not sleeves rolled up to build a country.

Illegal aliens. Load them up and ship them "home". Nothing is "illegal" if there is no law against it, just a hint!

Old 03-12-2017, 11:27 AM

412 posts, read 385,674 times
Try to remember who makes immigration "illegal". It is the people who came to America and grabbed land and made it "legal" by passing laws that the people who had occupied that land were unable to vote against.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vacanegro View Post

Not my problem.

IF a company needs to make some changes; it is what it is.

Old 03-12-2017, 11:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by OneTimeSEALover View Post
Try to remember who makes immigration "illegal". It is the people who came to America and grabbed land and made it "legal" by passing laws that the people who had occupied that land were unable to vote against.
That doesn't mean a thing in 2017 except for history. Too; many of the different Indian tribes did the EXACT same things to each other but, those people seem to "forget" that past.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration