Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Are You For or Against Immigration from Central America?
Yes. I'm for any form of immigration from Central America. 2 4.44%
No. I'm against all immigration from Central America. 15 33.33%
Yes, I'm for immigration if its legal. 25 55.56%
I don't care about immigration at all. 3 6.67%
Voters: 45. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 09:18 AM

635 posts, read 1,746,885 times

Advertisements

One of my best friends is undocumented and from Guatemala. He crossed the Rio Grande near Brownsville in 2000. He said the river was low because of summer. He was faced with a Border Patrol officer and his gun who was swearing uncontrollably, some of his group obeyed the officer while others fled. He took off and got into the U.S. because he had spent so much money to get here coming all the way from Guatemala.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 03:27 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
One of my best friends is undocumented and from Guatemala. He crossed the Rio Grande near Brownsville in 2000. He said the river was low because of summer. He was faced with a Border Patrol officer and his gun who was swearing uncontrollably, some of his group obeyed the officer while others fled. He took off and got into the U.S. because he had spent so much money to get here coming all the way from Guatemala.
I thought the rule was that peace officers were to carry out their duties courteously. Does Johnny Sutton know about this? Sounds to me like THIS rogue officer is a candidate for an unpaid suspension, 50 pushups, three weeks of "sensitivity training", and a re-assignment to a cubicle somewhere, looking into immigration 'cold-cases'. That's an AWFUL way to greet folks when they first arrive. Maybe your friend could be persuaded to give testimony, and put this 'out-of-control Cowboy" in his place....the unemployment line !!...

Old 03-16-2008, 07:59 AM

7,887 posts, read 17,192,862 times
Any immigration is OK as long as it's legal and the immigrants are PRODUCTIVE. What we don't need from any part of the world are people who want to come here and take more than they give. There is no benefit to the US to let people into our country who will be a net drain on resources.

Old 03-17-2008, 04:17 PM

24 posts, read 58,255 times
Quote:
Hey JIL,what if you invaded Guatemala illegaly?They would probably shoot first & ask quetions later!What should a government border guard,sworn to protect this countries borders do?Ask politely for them to leave?When you deal with these people you must realise some are hardened criminals of the worst kind.Many border guards have been assualted & even killed in very innovarive ways by drug smuggling & even just plain illegals trying to enter this country for its freebee policies for freeloaders!

This is also biased testimony from an illegal intruder.Its a well known fact that invaders now are getting extremely violent on our southern border.Also if you know he's here illegaly you are aiding & abetting a fellon,now tell me WWJD?Not that ,I'm sure!

Old 03-17-2008, 05:49 PM

5,232 posts, read 8,415,423 times
At this point, given that we cant control immigration. I think its prudent to stop it entirely until we adress the situation in a realistic manner. All immigration, not just Latinos.

Old 03-18-2008, 09:47 AM

46 posts, read 104,321 times
Mexico certainly is hard on the illegal immigrants that come to Mexico from Central America. Brutal even. Just ask the Guatamalians. Now I'm not kidding, Mexico actually puts their army on the illegals just like the gorillas did the humans in planet of the apes. They chase them down like that. And any Mexican caught helping faces serious legal consequences as aiding an illegal alien in Mexico is a felony punishable by up to 10 years in a Mexican prison.

But Fox comes to the USA and says we're the problem. Pure propaganda. We need to end illegal immigration so the poor in Mexico can reform their own country instead of playing the coenabling wife to the abusive Mexican husband. We're stopping reform in Mexico with our codependent ideology.

Old 03-19-2008, 05:55 PM

46 posts, read 104,321 times
Quote:
I bet the person whose job illegals displace don't thank the Lord someone broke into the country.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration