Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-14-2008, 10:30 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,176,030 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JesusisLord View Post
Without illegal immigrants, this state would fall apart economically. Oklahoma is learning the painful lesson of losing low end labor, and Arizona has been hit hard.
ROFLMAO!

Your rants are rapidly becoming a source of entertainment to me
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-14-2008, 10:42 AM

3,078 posts, read 11,075,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
It sounds like California is working towards a goal that will benefit all involved.
I wish I could say that was happening in Arizona, but please do not send anymore that think illegals are sub-human, we have too many of those already. How was the state of California able to work together without all the negativity towards illegals, I say BRAVO to all of you!!
Sassy
Thanks. California endures. We're full of fruits and nuts, just like all the other states think. We have power outages, mudslides, fires, earthquakes, riots, gangs, and all the other ills of the Earth.

California has a budget catastrophe pretty much every day that ends in "y", yet we still manage to launch spacecraft, surf, make movies, design clothing, do drugs, go camping, join the boyscouts, graffiti walls, love, hate, live and die, somehow. Probably because we're pretty tolerant of each other and we can handle adversity. Sorry that the intolerant wackos head to your state. If you change the public attitude, maybe they'll go somewhere else and leave you alone. It worked for us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
That is an ABSURD statement. There is NO shortage of labor here in Arizona, and what few jobs are being advertized are offering higher wages.

Losing illegal immigrants is a winning formula for legal workers AND taxpayers, there are a few thousand LESS ESOL students in the state ALREADY!!!
This is a question for other posters: Do you remember that Iraqi government official who was on state-run TV in 2003 when the tanks were rolling toward Baghdad? He kept talking about the great victories the Republican Guard was scoring against the weak and cowardly invaders? Saying stuff like "There are reports of American tanks in Basra. This is a lie. There are no foreign troops in Iraq. The great armies of Saddam Hussein are victorious!" That was pretty funny, no?

Sorry, this post just really reminded me of that guy for some reason.

Old 03-14-2008, 11:37 AM

2,016 posts, read 5,210,919 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sponger42 View Post
Thanks. California endures. We're full of fruits and nuts, just like all the other states think. We have power outages, mudslides, fires, earthquakes, riots, gangs, and all the other ills of the Earth.

California has a budget catastrophe pretty much every day that ends in "y", yet we still manage to launch spacecraft, surf, make movies, design clothing, do drugs, go camping, join the boyscouts, graffiti walls, love, hate, live and die, somehow. Probably because we're pretty tolerant of each other and we can handle adversity. Sorry that the intolerant wackos head to your state. If you change the public attitude, maybe they'll go somewhere else and leave you alone. It worked for us.

This is a question for other posters: Do you remember that Iraqi government official who was on state-run TV in 2003 when the tanks were rolling toward Baghdad? He kept talking about the great victories the Republican Guard was scoring against the weak and cowardly invaders? Saying stuff like "There are reports of American tanks in Basra. This is a lie. There are no foreign troops in Iraq. The great armies of Saddam Hussein are victorious!" That was pretty funny, no?

California is a beautiful state with great people, as are the other states in our nation. All states have their natural disasters, challenges, etc. Our family has been looking at CA for relocation because our business (health and wellness industry related) does extremely well in CA (my husband is pharmacist, I'm an accountant), but because we have children, the budget cuts to education were disheartening for us (as I'm sure they are for Californians as well). I've read that the classrooms will be packed tighter than before. How much of this is true, how much of this is fear-mongering, I don't know. I do know that I respect everyone's opinions. Thank you most kindly.

Old 03-14-2008, 12:10 PM

Quote:

Try again.

I live here in Arizona and I can see with my own two eyes that the illegal immigrants (with their Anchor Babies) are bugging out in droves.

Plus; the Arizona Republic newspaper has been posting many stories about the 'misfortunes' of the above lawbreakers as the enforcement noose tightens.

Oh well.

Old 03-14-2008, 01:16 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,138,320 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Try again.

I live here in Arizona and I can see with my own two eyes that the illegal immigrants (with their Anchor Babies) are bugging out in droves.

Plus; the Arizona Republic newspaper has been posting many stories about the 'misfortunes' of the above lawbreakers as the enforcement noose tightens.

Oh well.
Guess who will be coming back in the near future? The anchor babies, if thats not derogatory these days.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:20 PM

3,078 posts, read 11,075,532 times
Talking A timely story

Quote:
Try again.

Oh well.
The question wasn't whether or not illegal aliens were leaving. The comment was that the states' economies are suffering from their crackdown on illegal immigrants.

2 states consider guest-worker programs - Yahoo! News (broken link)

"There are no Americans in or near Baghdad! I have been out in the streets. I saw no Americans!"

Old 03-14-2008, 03:31 PM

Quote:
The question wasn't whether or not illegal aliens were leaving. The comment was that the states' economies are suffering from their crackdown on illegal immigrants.

2 states consider guest-worker programs - Yahoo! News (broken link)

"There are no Americans in or near Baghdad! I have been out in the streets. I saw no Americans!"
Considering we are heading into a (probable) recession of epic proportions; the last thing the USA needs is illegal immigrants depressing wages further.

If we as a nation are that damned addicted to illegals like a tweaker is to Meth-----------this country does NOT deserve to exist.

Old 03-14-2008, 03:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
Guess who will be coming back in the near future? The anchor babies, if thats not derogatory these days.
Looking at Mexico's crashing birthrate; I strongly suspect that in 5-10 years many of the US born Anchors will be needed to build up Mx's economy.

Remember too; the Anchors age 8 on up also speak English which will prove to a huge advantage in the world for probably the next 50-100 years.

Old 03-14-2008, 04:22 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,138,320 times
Quote:
Looking at Mexico's crashing birthrate; I strongly suspect that in 5-10 years many of the US born Anchors will be needed to build up Mx's economy.

Remember too; the Anchors age 8 on up also speak English which will prove to a huge advantage in the world for probably the next 50-100 years.
I'd say it has declined slowly. Still it averages about the same birthrate as the U.S and it is a smaller country geographically.

Old 03-14-2008, 04:40 PM

4,829 posts, read 7,757,687 times
Quote:

Most of those "anchor" babies are and will be loyal to america. Forget about them ever going back to Mexico or whatever country their parents are from.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration