Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2018, 10:42 AM

10,069 posts, read 7,241,915 times

Advertisements

The suspect in the Mollie Tibbets murder, Christian Rivera, worked at a dairy agribusiness called Yarabee Farms for the past 4 years. That farm is owned by Craig Lang, a prominent Iowa Republican, former president of the IA farm bureau who ran for state agriculture commissioner last year.

https://www.star-telegram.com/news/n...217068605.html

They didn't use e-verify.

If you want illegal immigration to stop, then we have to crack down on the people that employ them.

Illegals come for two reasons mostly - to work jobs like the one Rivera had or because they're taking part in the drug trade. Legalize marijuana nationwide and put some of the employers of illegals like Lang in jail, and I guarantee the problem will start to dry up.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2018, 11:00 AM

12,039 posts, read 6,572,819 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by redguard57 View Post
The suspect in the Mollie Tibbets murder, Christian Rivera, worked at a dairy agribusiness called Yarabee Farms for the past 4 years. That farm is owned by Craig Lang, a prominent Iowa Republican, former president of the IA farm bureau who ran for state agriculture commissioner last year.

If you want illegal immigration to stop, then we have to crack down on the people that employ them.

Illegals come for two reasons mostly - to work jobs like the one Rivera had or because they're taking part in the drug trade. Legalize marijuana nationwide and put some of the employers of illegals like Lang in jail, and I guarantee the problem will start to dry up.
Huh??! two news reports yesterday quoted the owner saying they did use e-verify and are very
Organized and onboard with immigration laws.

Old 08-23-2018, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainrose View Post
Huh??! two news reports yesterday quoted the owner saying they did use e-verify and are very
Organized and onboard with immigration laws.
They initially said they did use it, but the next day walked it back because they had not.

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/farm-wo...ough-e-verify/

Old 08-23-2018, 11:18 AM

28,897 posts, read 30,274,521 times
Quote:

ok, I don't believe you remember this, or if you watched the presidential debates, do you remember how all the republicans hated him, and I mean hated him....what's his face, (Ryan) the leader was going to quit? Why do you think that was? Bush hated him, they never in a million years thought he would run....and they still hate him but they also realize, that the majority of the people voted for him, therefore, they have to go along with him now or risk loosing votes.

My gosh, of course a lot of business owners are republicans....

Bush was an oil barren, he was friends personally with the Bin Laden family which I might add, raised a hell of a lot of eyebrows....

it isn't just the dems who are corrupt...and that is the reason I voted for Trump....he wasn't connnected to them, he didn't have to, he had too much money to worry about winning a political popularity test.

Here's the thing, you've heard of all those secret associations, that no one's supposed to know about, you know the one, that all rich men from all over the world meet and decide what and who is going to acheive what for the next four years....it's called "The World Trade Organization".

Well, don't you think for one moment, Trump knew what was going on....what they were planning, the whole going global aspect. Now you can say what you want, "and watch all the haters come in now and attack me". But Trump didn't need any of them....and knew what they have been planning for the past many years....I wanted Trump to run 20 years ago...strictly because of his resourcefulness and his ability to crunch numbers....I didn't know he had a mouth on him like he does....but would have voted for anyone against Hillary...

So, yeah, Republicans are just as corrupt as any other politician, however, there are so many people in America, who are illiterate when it comes to politics and they know this...I mean think about it....
the government now runs our schools, kids don't know how to write they're name, they don't even know history, they don't know why the 4th of July or Labor Day is? They are being kept illiterate, until they reach college, and then the professors, smother them with political garbage...

They all want this take over of our country, they want a world trade organization with the same language, and the same monies all around the world, one world order. Why? Because they are getting rich by paying other 3rd world countries very little money and benefits...to make our products.

You take all those illegals out of this country, your going to break their piggy banks.

How come the U.S. isn't first any longer in the world....think about it?

We used to be first in everything...no more....

Last edited by cremebrulee; 08-23-2018 at 11:27 AM..

Old 08-23-2018, 11:26 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cremebrulee View Post
ok, I don't believe you remember this, or if you watched the presidential debates, do you remember how all the republicans hated him, and I mean hated him....what's his face, (Ryan) the leader was going to quit? Why do you think that was? Bush hated him, they never in a million years thought he would run....and they still hate him but they also realize, that the majority of the people voted for him, therefore, they have to go along with him now or risk loosing votes.

My gosh, of course a lot of business owners are republicans....

Bush was an oil barren, he was friends personally with the Bin Laden family which I might add, raised a hell of a lot of eyebrows....
Iowa has also been controlled by Republicans at the state level the last 4 years.

They're damned hypocrites on this issue, complaining about it to gin up votes while they benefit from the cheap labor illegals provide. Only when it blows up in their face are they sorry.

I grew up in Texas in a rural community. All the big farmers were hardcore Republicans and all of them used migrant labor. They were the same way as this Yarabee farm... they keep just enough paperwork to cover their butts, but just don't ask questions about where the labor is coming from - usually provided by some kind of go-between. But interestingly they do know enough Spanish to order their workers around, so they know where they come from, just won't admit it.

Old 08-23-2018, 11:36 AM

Quote:
Iowa has also been controlled by Republicans at the state level the last 4 years.

They're damned hypocrites on this issue, complaining about it to gin up votes while they benefit from the cheap labor illegals provide. Only when it blows up in their face are they sorry.

I grew up in Texas in a rural community. All the big farmers were hardcore Republicans and all of them used migrant labor. They were the same way as this Yarabee farm... they keep just enough paperwork to cover their butts, but just don't ask questions about where the labor is coming from - usually provided by some kind of go-between. But interestingly they do know enough Spanish to order their workers around, so they know where they come from, just won't admit it.
yeah your right they are hypocrites, so what are you and the rest of our country going to do about it? Allow the news media to pull one over on you all....

There should be term limits, for all of them, and all of them should be just as subject to criminal charges as you or me or the next person.

They are where they are, b/c you and me and everyone else is allowing them to be...by keeping us all at each other throats...and the younger people hate the older people, why? Because we tell them like it is....and yet, they can't understand, and won't even try to, understand, that, we remember how it used to be. That is what is so humiliating....

Our kids today, throw tantrums, they don't know a darn thing about anything, and yet, throw tantrums and call each other names, b/c they can't have their way.

When Trump won, they all went nuts and they're still going nuts, acting like grad school kids.

I talk this over with my son a lot, and he says he sees it in kids , they are not evolving like we did...they are being kept immature and irresponsible...they are taught how to think or even how to problem solve, they are being taken to baby sitters who don't give a hoot about their education or social skills, and then at home, handed a device to play with. They are run around to all different kinds of sports were they are taught, everyone wins, everyone gets a prize, and they are the result of our young adults today. Half of them can't even socialize, or say hello...or know nothing about stopping and holding a door open for someone behind them, they ride your butt when your driving, they think that they are above any and all laws...and our administration hasn't helped...they've actually told these kids, hey, it's ok to be criminals.....all the cops are corrupt.

Old 08-23-2018, 12:48 PM

8,555 posts, read 10,981,308 times
Please stay on topic.
Attached Thumbnails
This is unacceptable.-276.jpg  

Old 08-23-2018, 12:51 PM

The solution is quite simple. Crack down on the Americans that are benefitting from the illegal activity.

In the Iowa case - There should have been some oversight of the agribusiness. The manager and owner should have been brought up on charges for employing illegals. They have no excuse for not verifying his status.

Next, investigate how Rivera got his fake ID, what entities or networks facilitated his transportation and his hiring. I doubt he walked from southern Mexico to Iowa and dropped an application off on the front desk at Yarabee.

People arranged for him to go work there, they probably make good money doing that facilitation, and they are probably Americans.

Old 08-24-2018, 06:05 AM

Quote:
The solution is quite simple. Crack down on the Americans that are benefitting from the illegal activity.

In the Iowa case - There should have been some oversight of the agribusiness. The manager and owner should have been brought up on charges for employing illegals. They have no excuse for not verifying his status.

Next, investigate how Rivera got his fake ID, what entities or networks facilitated his transportation and his hiring. I doubt he walked from southern Mexico to Iowa and dropped an application off on the front desk at Yarabee.

People arranged for him to go work there, they probably make good money doing that facilitation, and they are probably Americans.
See, this is exactly what they should be doing....and they should be fining all corporations and businesses that hire illegals...

a lot of money they're making is being sent back to Mexico and other countries.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration