Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-03-2008, 11:51 AM

16,086 posts, read 41,253,423 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lets agree to disagree View Post
Let's be fair...the folks that flooded NYC in the 19th century and early 20th were poor, dirty, loud and gang members too. Look at gangs of New York. The same can be said that the majority of illegals are law abiding. But there are way too many that don't follow the rules. I have zero tolerance for crime, flith, noise pollution from people who aren't suppose to be here in the first place! Now you can't ask an American to leave either. Take it easy.
Ever heard of Ellis Island?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-03-2008, 12:52 PM

493 posts, read 640,551 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wehotex View Post
and you want to move to mexifornia? i'd really think about that if i were you. you've seen nothing about illegals until you have lived there.
I want to see if I can make it in the entertainment industry...of which LA or NYC are the places to go...while I have family in NYC...Both are expensive...and the LA weather is better...

Old 04-03-2008, 12:53 PM

493 posts, read 640,551 times
Default Exactly...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakewooder View Post
Ever heard of Ellis Island?
Exactly...

Old 04-03-2008, 01:22 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,143,911 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitechocolate86 View Post
I'm against them all...Mexicans and those who come through Mexico are the most prevalent...honestly...you kinda bore me...
Umm.. you specifically said you were against illegals from Mexico.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:34 PM

9,962 posts, read 18,544,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Exedous View Post
Umm.. you specifically said you were against illegals from Mexico.
Didn't you know all illegals are Mexican? Actually you can pretty much infer when someone here says Hispanic or Mexican on this forum, what they really mean is illegals

It is pretty obvious people love to blame a particular group for their problems, we had Irish, Italians, Asians a whole lot of Blacks and now we have Mexicans!

Hey at least we are IN.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:42 PM

24,908 posts, read 39,344,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Didn't you know all illegals are Mexican?
That is not true -

Many illegals being caught here in Az are from Mexico - yes. But, there are a whole large group from Europe - Asia - the Middle East, South America and so on.

Perhaps you should look up the "variety" of illegals -

Old 04-03-2008, 01:44 PM

9,962 posts, read 18,544,854 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatday View Post
That is not true -

Many illegals being caught here in Az are from Mexico - yes. But, there are a whole large group from Europe - Asia - the Middle East, South America and so on.

Perhaps you should look up the "variety" of illegals -

Didn't you know I was being sarcastic? People do interchange the words Hispanic, Mexicans and Illegal here though like should all mean the same thing.

Old 04-03-2008, 01:52 PM

3,674 posts, read 10,629,364 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
Greedy employers are rarely inspired to stop the shipments of their cheap workers on their own. If one illegal gets too big for his britches and asks for a wage or a paid vacation day, he can easily be dumped and replaced with another.

Heck -- why stop with Mexicans who'll work for $3 an hour, why not import from even poorer countries and bring in workers who'll jump at $0.50 an hour?
LOL Ok, I now know that you are sincere and have NEVER hired an illegal day laborer. NOBODY will work for $3 an hour. General unskilled labor in my area, legal or illegal, starts around $50 a day (cash) for an 8hr day with meals (hot lunch, no sandwiches accepted) and transportation included.

If you do know where to find $3 an hour labor, you have a gold mine and could easily become the worlds richest entreprenuer if you start your own employment agency with these resources.

Old 04-04-2008, 06:59 PM

471 posts, read 1,477,937 times
We need to create a legal way for the immigrants to come over.
Our service sucks.

It takes YEARS to become a citizen, on top of the 7 year wait, or whatever it's up to know.
My friend's mother has been here a good 16 years, and, they're still taking their time.

Put a legal office down by the border, a few actually. Let them come here legally.
No more coast guard games, no more roaming the desert.

You guys say "Ellis Island, Ellis Island!" but, where was Ellis Island? -Right- Where the immigrants were coming in. Let's do the same. .. and try not to mess up names this time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration