Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-30-2018, 12:42 PM

2,260 posts, read 1,137,942 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exitus Acta Probat View Post
How do I say "dindu nuthin'" in Spanish?
The phrase is "soy un gran muñeco"
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-03-2018, 08:18 PM

66 posts, read 50,721 times
im just curious but honestly, i have never seen a blue-eyed blonde mexican. do you have a picture?
that caravan consists of people with darker skin, brown eyes and dark hair. Have not seen a single blonde among them

Old 11-03-2018, 08:38 PM

22,473 posts, read 12,003,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy_ View Post
im just curious but honestly, i have never seen a blue-eyed blonde mexican. do you have a picture?
that caravan consists of people with darker skin, brown eyes and dark hair. Have not seen a single blonde among them
In Latin American countries, the light-skinned people are the ones with money and for the most, part are also running their country. They have a term for light-skinned Hispanics --- "blanquitos". It literally means "little white ones".

It's a real paradox. Interracial marriage is accepted---and has been long before it was accepted in the US. In fact, in those countries if one marries a person who is lighter skinned than them, they are considered to have married up.

Light skin is a big deal in these areas. My family lived in Puerto Rico for part of my high school years. My Dad was Puerto Rican. When I was out with him, people would often come up to him and remark in Spanish on my complection. I was the lightest one in my family. Then they would ask him if my mother was Puerto Rican. He would tell them "no". The first time that happened to me, I found it really disconcerting. Living stateside no one ever made such remarks to me or my Dad.

So, that's why there aren't light-skinned people in these caravans. The "blanquitos" are living quite well in those countries. If "blanquitos" want to move to the US, they apply to come legally. They are educated and have something to offer to the US. I once worked with a woman from El Salvador. While she wasn't fair-skinned, she was medium complected. She went to college in Costa Rica, then came to the US to get her masters and her doctorate. After her student days were over, she applied to come here legally and was granted permission to do so.

Old 11-04-2018, 12:36 AM

2,985 posts, read 1,750,643 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofnyc View Post
Oh no!!!! The brown kids are coming armed with peas shooters, sling shots and spitballs. Call the marines.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Kids? Most of them are adult males. What does their skin color have to do with anything?
Because sickofnyc is a sorry ass racist

Old 11-05-2018, 08:14 PM
miu

17,769 posts, read 40,176,155 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
In Latin American countries, the light-skinned people are the ones with money and for the most, part are also running their country. They have a term for light-skinned Hispanics --- "blanquitos". It literally means "little white ones".

It's a real paradox. Interracial marriage is accepted---and has been long before it was accepted in the US. In fact, in those countries if one marries a person who is lighter skinned than them, they are considered to have married up.

Light skin is a big deal in these areas. My family lived in Puerto Rico for part of my high school years. My Dad was Puerto Rican. When I was out with him, people would often come up to him and remark in Spanish on my complection. I was the lightest one in my family. Then they would ask him if my mother was Puerto Rican. He would tell them "no". The first time that happened to me, I found it really disconcerting. Living stateside no one ever made such remarks to me or my Dad.

So, that's why there aren't light-skinned people in these caravans. The "blanquitos" are living quite well in those countries. If "blanquitos" want to move to the US, they apply to come legally. They are educated and have something to offer to the US. I once worked with a woman from El Salvador. While she wasn't fair-skinned, she was medium complected. She went to college in Costa Rica, then came to the US to get her masters and her doctorate. After her student days were over, she applied to come here legally and was granted permission to do so.
The same is true in Africa. The lighter skinned blacks are considered better than the dark skinned ones. Skin lightening creams are popular, even though many of them are toxic.

Two weeks ago, a Guatemalan couple was shopping in an antique shop in NH. They come every year because they have children going to college in the US. One son is marrying an American girl. The person working at the antique store asked the wife about the economic problems in her home country. She looked puzzled since she and her husband are well-educated and doing well financially. So I guess they have no contact with the struggling impoverished people in their country. BTW she collects vintage telephones.

Old 11-06-2018, 08:04 AM
miu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Kids? Most of them are adult males. What does their skin color have to do with anything?
Then definitely I don't want them forcing their way into our country. If Central American single mothers and women are able to claim asylum due to domestic abuse... in other words, if the menfolk in their countries are abusing their women and their families'friends/neighbors aren't able to stand up and against that sorry-@ss behaviour... then what the hell do we want any of their menfolk from their misogynistic sexist machismo-filled culture???? Stepping onto American soil isn't going to magically change their misogynistic sexist attitudes.

How is it that the liberals and those of the #METOO movement not see the potential problems with allowing in adult males from Third World countries??? And I will bet that they are also very anti-LGBTQ also.

Our country can't evolve forward as a society if we keep letting in these impoverished backward thinking gate crashers.

Old 11-06-2018, 08:09 AM

62,959 posts, read 29,152,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miu View Post
Then definitely I don't want them forcing their way into our country. If Central American single mothers and women are able to claim asylum due to domestic abuse... in other words, if the menfolk in their countries are abusing their women and their families aren't able to stand up and against that sorry-@ss behaviour... then what the hell do we want any of their men from their misogynistic machismo-filled culture????

Actually, domestic abuse not meet the criteria for a valid asylum claim.

Old 11-06-2018, 08:54 AM

7,827 posts, read 3,383,094 times
Legalize all illegals, but make a law that they have to live in liberal, elite neighborhoods. I'm sure liberals with those "I'm glad you're my neighbor" signs will actually welcome people who aren't rich and white to their neighborhoods and will get used to innards boiling in the yard and all-night beer parties pretty quickly.

Old 11-06-2018, 09:22 AM
miu

Up until last summer they could. If the Dems gain control again, I'm sure that they'll change that rule back.

https://www.cnn.com/2018/06/11/polit...ion/index.html

Old 11-07-2018, 08:17 PM

50,294 posts, read 47,056,299 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galaxy_ View Post
Really? Spain is from the northern most regions of the planet, as in WHITE. That doesn't mean that most of these people are Mestizo with mostly latin roots. There are a huge amount of people that are white and speak Spanish in Mexico to South America. There are a couple million US citizens that moved to Mexico for a lower cost of living for an example. Most are now Mexican Citizens based on citizenship.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration