Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-22-2008, 04:42 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,579,590 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by NibblingNed View Post
You show up now, after I've been up all night? I've been trying to figure this one out, and most of what I've read is non-serious or X-Treme soap-boxing (not that there's anything wrong with that). Should I brew up a latte (but, of course) and we might proceed, or is this thread nearly past its shelf-life?

To view human migration as an exclusively US issue, I would have to step forth and look at the smaller picture. I've some relevant thoughts on so-called sanctuary policies, criminal aliens, and civil liberties (at your preferred zoom level) that would make for better bedtime reading than going straight down the "disastrous results" road. (But we both know that's where it ends, right?)
Not sure where you're going with this...admittedly, much of what goes on on these forums resembles 'bar room bluster' more than reasoned discourse...and today's illegal immigration into the US is only a miniscule part of a much larger picture or events and conditions, extending FAR beyond our borders and FAR into the past.

But, if I may be so bold.... "so What"?.....EVERYTHING can be put in a larger context, if that's your aim. Meanwhile, illegal immigration (once a 'tiny, victimless' crime...now an increasingly major 'upheaval') goes on....and IMHO, it can not continue, if we expect to continue to live in a decent society with at least SOME freedoms and liberties. Either we 'do something' about it, or at some future date, something will be "DONE" about it...by somebody...probably in a way most of us won't like. Regret can be the bitterest of pills, and hindsight is of little comfort.

That, at least is my opinion.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-22-2008, 04:45 PM

77 posts, read 115,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
That's the eternal "condom" (sp), Ned....
Ah, conundrum. Please accept this gift to your vocabulary in the good spirit in which it's offered. (Seriously. I don't need to get attacked as a spelling you-know-what too.) Besides, wasn't The Eternal Condom one of those, y'know, foreign films?

Old 09-22-2008, 04:56 PM

Quote:
Ah, conundrum. Please accept this gift to your vocabulary in the good spirit in which it's offered. (Seriously. I don't need to get attacked as a spelling you-know-what too.) Besides, wasn't The Eternal Condom one of those, y'know, foreign films?
I KNEW somebody would point that out..I figured it would be a Catholic, since we're strictly forbidden to USE conundrums....and MOST of us won't use "illegal" and "immigrant" in the same sentence, either. But I guess you learn something every day...right?

Old 09-22-2008, 05:01 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,470,167 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anonymous Political Junky View Post
I am a latino of Mexican descent and have been called every name in the book for believing that the illegals are wrong and should be deported. I have been called a "coconut" and spit on by other Hispanics and illegal lovers.
I've already been run out! (San Berdo)

Old 09-22-2008, 05:07 PM

3,645 posts, read 4,934,618 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mkfarnam View Post
I've already been run out! (San Berdo)
My wife and I are going to be making a trip to MO in October to find a home to buy and then will be moving shortly thereafter.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:13 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,470,167 times
Of all the time "Kele" has been a member of this forum, the information she has posted has been Honest and either in her words or with links showing where the information came from.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:33 PM

77 posts, read 115,003 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I KNEW somebody would point that out..I figured it would be a Catholic, since we're strictly forbidden to USE conundrums....and MOST of us won't use "illegal" and "immigrant" in the same sentence, either. But I guess you learn something every day...right?
This thread's done, right? 'Cause I'm definitely not getting the same output from my higher faculties, and I'm slipping into silliness.

I should've been more direct above and said I'll start a thread on so-called sanctuary cities, criminal aliens, and civil liberties at another time rather than flinging it on top of this trainwreck of a thread.

I used to be a Catholic, myself, and the "eternal" and "condom" pairing got me somewhere deep down. I suspect it would bring some color to The Holy Father's cheeks, too. The other pairing, as you may notice, I tend to avoid for the sake of accuracy.

Old 09-22-2008, 06:41 PM

Quote:
This thread's done, right? 'Cause I'm definitely not getting the same output from my higher faculties, and I'm slipping into silliness.

I should've been more direct above and said I'll start a thread on so-called sanctuary cities, criminal aliens, and civil liberties at another time rather than flinging it on top of this trainwreck of a thread.

I used to be a Catholic, myself, and the "eternal" and "condom" pairing got me somewhere deep down. I suspect it would bring some color to The Holy Father's cheeks, too. The other pairing, as you may notice, I tend to avoid for the sake of accuracy.
You've given me a lot to condomplate on here.....sounds like you may have fallen victim to 'mass confusion'...

Old 09-22-2008, 06:43 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,599,625 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Spit on? lol, okay...
What? You don't believe him? It's happened to me on more than one occasion, because ethno-centric hustlers keep convincing ignorant, rural Mexicans that they have a RIGHT to be here and that anyone that is against them is a racist or a vendido!

You yourself made the vendido accusation to me, and I have NO DOUBT that if I was in range you'd hawk one up in a HEARTBEAT!

Old 09-22-2008, 06:44 PM

10,503 posts, read 15,592,533 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
karfar: are you in favor of or against amnesty for illegal immigrants? Note I would not too concerned if we were dealing with up to 200-300K of them but 7+ million is not acceptable. Too; factoring in that most illegals would be guilty of ID theft.........I see no reason why those losers should get a free pass if a US citizen would be looking at prison time for that same crime.

Next question?
Well I'll tell ya, I'm not too concerned either way. I find it interesting that you are in a sense, accusing most illegals of identity theft. Do you have no faith in humanity? I would hate to have you on my jury if I were accused of something I didn't do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration