Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-23-2008, 08:10 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,614,425 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca.G View Post
Right maybe 1 out of 10,000 have fake ID which is wrong but most come just to do jobs Americans won't do .

It is a win win. It is not our fault the Iraq mess and Wall street mess has financially hurt America.
People than take it out on undocumentad workers who are victims .
There are no “undocumented” workers -- they are “illegal aliens” working in this country in flagrant violation of our laws. If 1 out of 10,000 is using a stolen SSN, what are the remaining 9,999 using to gain employment? You do realize an SSN is “required” for LEGAL employment in this country, don’t you? The fact is, they are either using a stolen or fake SSN, or they are being paid under the table -- ALL in violation of FEDERAL immigration, employment and IRS laws -- ALL criminal acts.

As an illegal alien yourself, one can only expect you to attempt to sugarcoat and obfuscate. You are a criminal; as such, nothing you say has credence.

Illegal aliens are not “victims.” The hardworking U.S. taxpayers are the victims, and we’re tired of being used and abused by ingrate parasites. Don’t hold your breath waiting for amnesty.

Furthermore, the fact that you have the gall to post your illegal alien nonsense on this forum is a testimony to your level of arrogance and sense of entitlement. It’s nauseating.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 11:05 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,766,655 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I picked cantelopes, tomatoes, and squash in the dead heat of Texas summer for years. Back then, it was a nice little paying job.

I wouldn't want to do it now, sunburn being a major factor, but when I was younger, it was a steady, good paying job.
haha when was that? Maybe some people got paid more to do that work than others, because the people who did that in California were working poor.
How did you like having DDT dropped on your head while you toiled in the fields?

Something tells me youre experience wasn't the same as the Mexicans and Filipinos working the fields in California.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:45 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,593,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
Illegal aliens are actively working at undermining everything we have done over many decades to ensure that American workers are paid a fair wage. They think of nothing except what will provide immediate benefit to themselves and their 'community'. Long term thinking is not their strong suit.
Super-good point, no matter WHAT side you're on. Illegals, all question of race, ethnicity, culture, etc., aside, in this regard amount to nothing so much as "scab labor", a term often heard in the days when labor had 'pride', and was organized. People, at GREAT risk to themselves, their livelihoods, and even their freedom, sometimes resorted to 'strikes' as a means of getting across their point. And when a busload of 'scabs' was seen, 'running the gauntlet' and attempting to 'sneak in the side gate' (with the purpose in mind of taking the strikers' jobs...usually at reduced wages), the reaction was predictable....anger, hatred, extreme violence, and not infrequently, gunplay and murder. LOTS of disruption, LOTS of police overtime, and LOTS of anger..many times, lasting for years, long after the strike was settled.

Let a 'working man' see you as taking away his livelihood, and WATCH OUT....no matter where you're from, or what your politics are. Pretty much a matter of basic human nature, more than anything more 'exotic'. Nobody really LIKES the idea of 'scabs'. Some express themselves more forcefully than others.

Old 09-23-2008, 11:56 AM

15,153 posts, read 11,671,691 times
I wonder how Mexico handles illegal aliens?

Old 09-23-2008, 12:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ELOrocks17 View Post
I wonder how Mexico handles illegal aliens?
Not very gently, I'm afraid. It's ALSO real 'tough' on foreigners living there who meddle in Mexican politics...that's a REAL sore point, and if you feel inclined to join a protest, or make just about ANY public criticism of the "power structure", it's usually a swift visit by the authorities, followed by a one-way ticket home. They feel (oddly enough), that Mexican politics is the business of Mexican citizens, and that foreigners granted residency there should show respect and "butt out". Sounds like a BIZARRE idea, I know...but that's how the Mexicans do it...and it IS their country..right?

Old 09-23-2008, 01:42 PM

4,802 posts, read 8,771,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
haha when was that? Maybe some people got paid more to do that work than others, because the people who did that in California were working poor.
How did you like having DDT dropped on your head while you toiled in the fields?

Something tells me youre experience wasn't the same as the Mexicans and Filipinos working the fields in California.
Of course it wasn't. Central California temperatures max out at 90 if it's an extremely hot summer-most of the time, Central California summers are temperate.

East Texas summers are months of 100+ degree days with 110% humidity.

You're right. It's not the same.

But then again, we all know that Mexicans and Filipinos work harder than (mostly) white girls anyway. There's no way that a white girl could have ever picked squash until her hands bled. Unheard of. White people don't know the meaning of hard work. Especially those who grow up dirt poor. They're dirt poor because they're so lazy.

Geezus.

Last edited by Kele; 09-23-2008 at 03:18 PM..

Old 09-23-2008, 02:21 PM

Quote:
But then again, we all know that Mexicans and Filipinos work harder than (mostly) white girls anyway.
Right. And from 300 feet in the air, they can look surprisingly alike. When you take off with your cropduster to 'dose' the Mexicans, it's possible you might get a little overspray on the Filipinos as well. I'm sure most pilots aren't PROUD of this error, but I can see how it would be an easy mistake to make.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:27 PM

Quote:
Of course it wasn't. Central California temperatures max out at 90 if it's an extremely hot summer-most of the time, Central California summers are temperate.

East Texas summers are months of 100+ degree days with 110% humidity.

You're right. It's not the same.

But then again, we all know that Mexicans and Filipinos work harder than (mostly) white girls anyway. There's no way that a white girl could have ever picked squash until her hands bled. Unheard of. White people don't know the meaning of hard work. Especially those who grow up dirt poor. They're dirt poor because they're so lazy.

Geezus.
I wouldn't expect you to recognize the struggle that the Mexicans and Filipinos went through in the 60s.

Im sure you had it as rough as the Mexican and Filipino workers.

Even though Im pretty sure Fresno doesn't top off at 90, and the Coachella and Imperial Valleys way more than that, I'll let it slide because you don't seem to be very aware of the plight and the civil rights movement of the workers back then. I'm sure you dont care.

But you have every right to disregard what other people went through to make a living. Because I'm sure you had to raise a family going through what they went through, so you completely understand.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Right. And from 300 feet in the air, they can look surprisingly alike. When you take off with your cropduster to 'dose' the Mexicans, it's possible you might get a little overspray on the Filipinos as well. I'm sure most pilots aren't PROUD of this error, but I can see how it would be an easy mistake to make.
Whats that even supposed to mean?

Old 09-23-2008, 08:33 PM

13,387 posts, read 19,496,432 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Amc this post was beneath you but I will assume it was do to lack of knowledge.
I too grew up on a dairy farm.
Wake up was 4 am 7 days a week 365.
by 4:30 in the barn preparing to milk, feed cows ( By hand small farms don't use auto feed carts.
7 am get ready for school. Get home at 3:30 clean barn bring the cows in.
4:30pm feedcows and prepare for evening milking.
7 pm clean barn and milk house. Prepare feed for morning. This was a school day.
Summers after morning milking in the fields mowing hay plowing picking stone or repairing fences.
Afternoon ( in the hot sun) Baleing hay... No we didn't have a kicker for our baler. We picked them off the ground 80 pounds each. Threw them on the wagon and stacked. Then off loaded in the barn and stacked. Stop for evening milking.
After milking back in the fields. You don't quit until the hay is in.
Spring its not uncommon to plow by headlights until the am hours.
That is life on the average american dairy farm. These guys make the same money for milk as 1981.
As you said, it was the same for us. Let me add acouple more things to give him a good taste of what "real" work is.
Most everything was done by manual labor and no hired hands. All of us kids were under 10 yr's old at the time. Our farm was small (380 acres) No Name, only an acc # on our milk cans(F28) from "Kraft". We did have milking machines, but we still had to strip the utters down after the machines were finish.
We bailed 80 acres of hay with and old fashion combinder/bailer that was operated from a conveyor belt that ran off a PTO(drive wheel) on the tractor.

We shoveled manure from the gutters daily, loading the manure into a wheelbarrow and running it up a manure pile as high as the barn.
We grew 200 acres of field corn, cut it into silage and stored it in the silo so the cattle would have feed for the winter.
And that's not even half of the chores there are to do on a Dairy Farm.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration