Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-31-2020, 06:53 AM

62,974 posts, read 29,170,163 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by sware2cod View Post
They can't be convicted of a felony or serious misdemeanor, or 3 misdemeanors.

Reckless driving appears to be a misdemeanor in Laguna Beach. Probably not consider a serious misdemeanor.
It wasn't just reckless driving it was drunk driving.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-31-2020, 07:53 AM

25,116 posts, read 16,226,257 times
that magically became reckless driving, an offense for which they wouldn't be deported.

So one of 2 things is going on here:

1. An overzealous cop charged DWI, but it shouldn't have been or they screwed up the testing.

2. An over-sympathetic municipality and it's "sanctuary city" mores determined to only go with a lesser charge, knowing it wouldn't trigger deportation.

Old 01-31-2020, 08:21 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,379,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
An illegal alien enrolled in former President Obama’s Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA) program received nearly $19,000 in United States taxpayer money after driving recklessly in the sanctuary state of California.

https://www.breitbart.com/politics/2...lVSxOnSqpN6VFw

I am disgusted with my state and all of the other states and cities that have given sanctuary to illegal aliens.
My takeaway here is that old glory reads Breitbart, AKA brain poison.

Old 01-31-2020, 09:32 AM

3,405 posts, read 2,737,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
My takeaway here is that old glory reads Breitbart, AKA brain poison.
Maybe you or one of your loved ones will be the next fatality under this illegals reckless/drunken driving?

Old 01-31-2020, 09:33 AM

8,343 posts, read 2,969,036 times
Low IQ liberals vote for these politicians that run these sanctuary sheetholes.

Old 01-31-2020, 09:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkcarguy View Post
Maybe you or one of your loved ones will be the next fatality under this illegals reckless/drunken driving?
My beef is with the media source. That doesn’t imply that I defend drunk driving. Thousands of people are arrested for drunk driving every day. I would bet that most people on here have been cited at one point themselves or have at least one friend or loved one who has. The only reason Breitbart jumped on this story was because it involved a DACA recipient.

Old 01-31-2020, 09:55 AM

3,405 posts, read 2,737,076 times
Quote:
My beef is with the media source. That doesn’t imply that I defend drunk driving. Thousands of people are arrested for drunk driving every day. I would bet that most people on here have been cited at one point themselves or have at least one friend or loved one who has. The only reason Breitbart jumped on this story was because it involved a DACA recipient.
Ok thank you. If I was caught drunk driving I would get jailed, lose my job, insurance would shoot way up, and I'd have to breathe into a ignition interlock device before my car would start.....a far cry from being awarded $19k.

Old 01-31-2020, 10:43 AM

Quote:
Ok thank you. If I was caught drunk driving I would get jailed, lose my job, insurance would shoot way up, and I'd have to breathe into a ignition interlock device before my car would start.....a far cry from being awarded $19k.
Exactly, it was new's worthy since they were a DACA (only here on a temporary stay of deportation) and in a sense rewarded for driving while drunk. As you said, no citizen or legal immigrants would be rewarded in this manner.

Old 01-31-2020, 10:58 AM

Quote:
You likely wouldn’t be wrongly referred to ICE for deportation though.

Old 01-31-2020, 12:34 PM

Quote:
You likely wouldn’t be wrongly referred to ICE for deportation though.
Silly analogy. Why would citizens be reported to ICE? No state or city should have the right to shield illegal aliens including the DACAs from deportation for committing a crime.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration