Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-23-2008, 04:43 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,094,912 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
The double layered 18 foot high tight woven mesh fence with the 2 lane highway between layers has worked very well near San Diego reducing border breakins down to a trickle. That's why jorge betrayed the American public again by building a single layer, lower and easily penetrated border fence. He can say that he built the fence and at the same time the employers of illegals who have jorge in their hip pockets can still get plenty of cheap illegal labor.
I think we all pretty well know that Bush is only going to do what is best for him. We were all sold a real bill of goods with him and all of the damage that he has created in his path. He would like to give the impression that he is doing something about immigration (the fence) but on the other hand he does not want to tick off Mexico, so he will play either side of the fence(no pun) depending on what squeaky wheel he needs to oil. I do not blame the Mexican people, I blame it squarely with our President all the way down the line.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-23-2008, 04:46 PM

9,963 posts, read 18,507,929 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
[color="DarkRed"]Unfortunately, Fences and/or Walls (virtual or hardcore) will accomplish very little towards ending this Illegal Invasion until our leaders GET SERIOUS with protecting the border.

If The United States does not respect our own sovereign borders, how can we expect other to?

[moderator cut: iflammatory comments]
[moderator cut: orphaned response]

I got a better idea, you want illegals to stop coming in? Don't hire them, don't give them benefits.

Why do you always blame the illegals?

Why don't you blame the American citizen that governs the businesses that hire them..[moderator cut: orphaned response]?

Last edited by madicarus2000; 04-23-2008 at 09:22 PM.. Reason: edited linked post and deleted orphaned replies to deleted comments.

Old 04-23-2008, 05:30 PM

9,986 posts, read 18,676,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
[moderator cut: orphaned reply].

I got a better idea, you want illegals to stop coming in? Don't hire them, don't give them benefits.

Why don't you blame the American citizen that governs the businesses that hire them..[moderator cut: orphaned reply]?
Gee, when we say that we get called racist and haters.

Last edited by madicarus2000; 04-23-2008 at 09:25 PM.. Reason: edited linked post.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:07 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,563,358 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sassyone View Post
I think we all pretty well know that Bush is only going to do what is best for him. We were all sold a real bill of goods with him and all of the damage that he has created in his path. He would like to give the impression that he is doing something about immigration (the fence) but on the other hand he does not want to tick off Mexico, so he will play either side of the fence(no pun) depending on what squeaky wheel he needs to oil. I do not blame the Mexican people, I blame it squarely with our President all the way down the line.
Interesting that you don't blame the Mexican people....apparently because in your eyes, they aren't responsible for entering the US illegally..it's Bush's fault.

How about the anger and racism that these people are met with, from the American public, when they DO manage to 'slip in'...do you blame THAT on the American people? Or is the racism, too, caused by Bush? Is Bush really capable of making this whole mess on his own? I've seen him talk...and somehow, he doesn't seem to ME to have the personal charisma to either convince Mexicans to become lawbreakers, or Americans to become racists. There's GOT to be more to this than just "Bush"...

Old 04-23-2008, 09:30 PM

1,281 posts, read 2,368,436 times
Be sure to take the time to read Synopsis' post here. There are certain comments that are not tolerated.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:43 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,151,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
The double layered 18 foot high tight woven mesh fence with the 2 lane highway between layers has worked very well near San Diego reducing border breakins down to a trickle. That's why jorge betrayed the American public again by building a single layer, lower and easily penetrated border fence. He can say that he built the fence and at the same time the employers of illegals who have jorge in their hip pockets can still get plenty of cheap illegal labor.
Time to extend said fortifications all the way to Brownsville, Tx.

Old 04-23-2008, 09:46 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,151,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
[moderator cut: orphaned response]

Why don't you blame the American citizen that governs the businesses that hire them..[moderator cut: orphaned response]?
Mach50:

I blame the illegal immigrants as well-------they are de facto thieves by their very presence here in the USA.

Mexican, Irish, Polish, Chinese, etc. Illegal is illegal AKA lawbreaker.

Old 04-23-2008, 11:44 PM

1,268 posts, read 1,136,451 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by madicarus2000 View Post
Be sure to take the time to read Synopsis' post here. There are certain comments that are not tolerated.
I guess people have completely ignored this. There are threads every day about the very things outlined in that post.

Old 04-25-2008, 09:36 AM

14 posts, read 19,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
I'll bet.

Any border fence - real or "virtual" - is going to be useless. Anyone can get into anywhere if they're determined enough. It's the same false principle as living in a gated community because it makes you think you'll never going to be a victim of a crime. This country has failed for years to keep people from bringing drugs and weapons into the country, and it will continue to do so with illegal immigration. Just find a way to remove the bureaucracy involved with them becoming *legal* and let them do their role in an economy of they've become an inseparable part. You think produce is expensive now? Wait until they round up some "hard-working Americans" who deserve to be paid like the same while they're picking lettuce.

You know, I can understand why people are so worked up over the whole immigration thing, no matter how powerless the government really is at stopping it. What I have to say on the issue doesn't so much reflect what I think is right, but what I think is the truth. And the truth isn't always what we want it to be. I can imagine the American Indians felt the same way during the process of European colonization. Helpless to stop a group of outsiders coming in for various reasons (inferior weaponry, lack of resistance to certain diseases). Just like Hitler's failure in the Russian winter followed Napoleon's, events in history tend to run in cycles. And today is just another chapter in what we'll come to know as history. "America," as we like to call it - the United States of America - is getting re-colonized.

This time, we're the Indians.

What if the Indians had built a gigantic wall or fence along the eastern coastline of the Americas 600 years ago? They theoretically had the technology to do it - they just didn't see a reason to do it until it was too late...
The great people, witch are the Indians, never built a fence because they are a people of peace ,and even today they don't have that peace... so please don't quote a question witch countrydeal with in the most horrible, unmoral and unethical way and even today dont' have the right justice. Because they are quated regarding the immigrnats issue, and here we recognised that this is their land, but on real life if they claim for it, it's always a no big NO, and all the suffer they are passing trough , witch about nobody cares. The truth is that we are hipocrital be dailing witth these questions, both Indian and immigrants.
They don't bring guns , we have guns enough here with so much bad used

Old 04-25-2008, 09:39 AM

14 posts, read 19,452 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jfre81 View Post
I'll bet.

Any border fence - real or "virtual" - is going to be useless. Anyone can get into anywhere if they're determined enough. It's the same false principle as living in a gated community because it makes you think you'll never going to be a victim of a crime. This country has failed for years to keep people from bringing drugs and weapons into the country, and it will continue to do so with illegal immigration. Just find a way to remove the bureaucracy involved with them becoming *legal* and let them do their role in an economy of they've become an inseparable part. You think produce is expensive now? Wait until they round up some "hard-working Americans" who deserve to be paid like the same while they're picking lettuce.

You know, I can understand why people are so worked up over the whole immigration thing, no matter how powerless the government really is at stopping it. What I have to say on the issue doesn't so much reflect what I think is right, but what I think is the truth. And the truth isn't always what we want it to be. I can imagine the American Indians felt the same way during the process of European colonization. Helpless to stop a group of outsiders coming in for various reasons (inferior weaponry, lack of resistance to certain diseases). Just like Hitler's failure in the Russian winter followed Napoleon's, events in history tend to run in cycles. And today is just another chapter in what we'll come to know as history. "America," as we like to call it - the United States of America - is getting re-colonized.

This time, we're the Indians.

What if the Indians had built a gigantic wall or fence along the eastern coastline of the Americas 600 years ago? They theoretically had the technology to do it - they just didn't see a reason to do it until it was too late...
The great people, witch are the Indians, never built a fence because they are a people of peace ,and even today they don't have that peace... so please don't quote a question witch countrydeal with in the most horrible, unmoral and unethical way and even today dont' have the right justice. Because they are quated regarding the immigrnats issue, and here we recognised that this is their land, but on real life if they claim for it, it's always a no big NO, and all the suffer they are passing trough , witch about nobody cares. The truth is that we are hipocrital be dailing witth these questions, both Indian and immigrants.
They don't bring guns , we have guns enough here with so much bad used
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration