Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-13-2020, 06:04 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
I've been on this Immigration forum for a long time and seen some very disgusting highly racist behavior.

I still remember people talking about shooting Mexicans on this forum like playing "whack a mole"... Old Glory was probably here.

Anyways I don't come here too often because it is a sick place.
Made all the more sick by inflammatory posts with no basis in fact about other posters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-13-2020, 06:21 PM
Status: "Apparently the worst poster on CD" (set 29 days ago)

27,651 posts, read 16,138,284 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BOS2IAD View Post
This sad story is another good reason to finally put an end to the whole anchor baby/birth tourism fiasco. Illegals have learned that if you birth a child on US soil, all sorts of freebies come to the child---and what comes to the child means the whole family benefits.

It's sad what happened to her. If she and her partner were looking to get out of Guatemala, Mexico would have taken them in.
Excellent point. DC should be fixing the problem so not to further encourage behavior like this. One sides solution would be eliminate borders though, so probably no progress gonna be made.

Old 03-13-2020, 07:48 PM

6,230 posts, read 3,610,170 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Another reason to move the age to vote to 21.
Huh? First of all, she was a Guatemalan citizen, not an American so she wouldn't be voting here.

Second of all, the age to vote used to be 21, then was lowered to 18 because it was unfair that for 18 year-olds to be drafted and possibly die in Vietnam, yet unable to vote for the politicians sending them to wear.
How do you now know this?

Old 03-13-2020, 07:54 PM

1,378 posts, read 737,791 times
Quote:
I've been on this Immigration forum for a long time and seen some very disgusting highly racist behavior.

I still remember people talking about shooting Mexicans on this forum like playing "whack a mole"... Old Glory was probably here.

Anyways I don't come here too often because it is a sick place.
That's terrible..we need to turn this around by posting positive stories!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruz Azul Guy View Post
Perhaps we should all consider ourselves fortunate for being where we are and having what we have and hope that Ms. Girón Luna and her unborn baby are now in a better place.
Classy as always my man.

Old 03-13-2020, 09:06 PM

16,236 posts, read 5,882,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galvatron99 View Post
That's terrible..we need to turn this around by posting positive stories!

Classy as always my man.
You mean stories like these?

https://edition.cnn.com/2019/08/07/u...ids/index.html

That is a wonderful story of 680 illegals getting arrested .

https://www.freep.com/story/news/loc...ts/1513170001/
Michigan: Illegals getting what illegals deserve. Another positive story.

I love stories with happy endings and positive results. Anytime criminals are caught and dealt with it is a win.

Old 03-13-2020, 09:40 PM

4,426 posts, read 5,155,830 times
She was desperate for that baby to be born on US soil. A lot of people are desperate and do desperate things for the sake of it. Their ambitions are myopic and fantastical. “Get to US, everything in my life will be better”. They aren’t escaping famine or war, they are escaping a life they hear could and should be better. Their acting like careless children, without a grip about their actual lot in life. The fact that it’s occurring by the millions in a much more organized world should be alarming. Any screwball could try and swim all the way from Haiti to Florida, how could we stop them?

Modern day Guatemala, compared with 1910’s Italy is like comparing Switzerland of today with Mozambique. https://www.lifeinitaly.com/history/italy-1900

I’ll say it again and again, this country is full (the planet overfilled), our average carbon footprint is to high to add millions more people. I don’t care if the timing isn’t right for some people. It was going to happen sometime. Stop being ignorant for whatever god knows what selfish reason you have. I have a feeling whatever the reason, it rests on the notion of personal gain, irrespective of the planet.

Last edited by UrbanQuest; 03-13-2020 at 10:00 PM..

Old 03-13-2020, 10:25 PM

15,154 posts, read 11,626,569 times
Quote:
We all know you are happy this young woman and her child died.

In the end this wall will probably end up protecting Mexico.
Nah..more likely her blood is on your hands..after all, she would probably never attempted such a foolish stunt if she wasn't encouraged by stupid azz liberals to violate immigration laws. congratulations murderer.

Old 03-14-2020, 03:26 AM

11,792 posts, read 5,798,330 times
Quote:
We all know you are happy this young woman and her child died.

In the end this wall will probably end up protecting Mexico.
How nasty can you be - no one is happy to hear of any death let alone a young person. People have to take responsibility of their actions and unfortunately her actions didn't end well but no one here is cheering for the loss of her life and the baby.

Kind of hypocritical when your side thinks nothing of taking lives in abortions.

Old 03-14-2020, 07:05 AM

10,244 posts, read 16,375,702 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UrbanQuest View Post
Or maybe people like you can stop stoking the flames, feeding this woman’s irrational motivation. She’s wasn’t escaping genocide, she wanted her kid to get birthright citizenship because it’s a fast track to that bling life she covets.

You always want people to explain or share with you, so I will. I personally have had connection throughout my life, with hundreds of different immigrants (illegal, legal and used to be illegal). The reality of life for the lion share of immigrants coming into this country is almost completely based on having “more than some”. Not more to survive or escape or even more than a little.

I’m sorry, but that reality is wildly out of touch with actual behavior. This woman should never have tried that and people like you need to shut your traps. You don’t get it, people are dying and in our current age, we need borders. This isn’t a few people and includes children.

American’s like you are an arrogant bunch. Speak up on how the drug war destroyed an entire generation of young men and families. If a young man protests and gets arrested indirectly because of it, I wouldn’t blame you for his fate. Why? The young man acted to better his own country, not to burden another for his own gain.
Whoa, went off on a bit of a tangent here now didn’t you? I’m really not sure how the drug war and protesting play into this at all. I don’t believe that I’ve ever weighed in on either of those subjects so you either are mistaking me for another poster or you’re drowning yourself in blind assumptions.

Old 03-14-2020, 10:16 AM

17,874 posts, read 15,952,870 times
Be easier, if she came as a tourist on a flight, or boat trip, and then just overstayed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration