Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do "Mayday" rallies help the illegal immigrant cause?
Yes 4 11.43%
No 28 80.00%
No opinion/not sure 3 8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-03-2008, 11:56 AM

64 posts, read 152,430 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Oh good lord. Are you really going to expect the rest of us to believe that you don't have the goods to distinguish between a heritage parade and a protest march?

Here's a little hint for you. You won't find the Shriners doing their gig on their little motorcycles in the midst of a protest march.....
so tell us... was your group conducting a heritage parade or protest march at Laguna Beach?

http://www.art-for-a-change.com/blog...2005/nazis.jpg http://minorjive.typepad.com/hungryb...atfunnyred.jpg

Last edited by madicarus2000; 05-04-2008 at 11:47 PM.. Reason: linked images
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-03-2008, 02:53 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,765,535 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrros View Post
so tell us... was your group conducting a heritage parade or protest march at Laguna Beach?
Oh geez, not this tired old trope again. You're a one-trick pony yyros and everybody on this forum knows it. You have nothing of significance to contribute to this debate, so you continue to throw out the skinhead photos, knowing full well that they are not part of any anti-illegal immigration group, but merely a pod of malcontents.

You remind me of the sulky little kid on the playground that nobody wants to play with.

Old 05-03-2008, 05:32 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,762,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by yrros View Post

http://www.art-for-a-change.com/blog...2005/nazis.jpg http://minorjive.typepad.com/hungryb...atfunnyred.jpg

It would be very easy to take this out of context and say white people are racist.

But I see only a few people, and I'm intelligent enough to know that these pictures more than likely don't represent a lot of white people.

I dont know why people get so flustered over the flags. Yeah, you complain about them carrying some mexican flags in a protest, but people also complain of them owning mexican flags in general.

People having Mexican flags arent necessarily out of allegiance to the mexican governement..its cultural pride.

I own a Mexican flag myself, but Ive never in my life lived in Mexico. Born and Raised in California USA, and proud of that too. I'm also very proud in my Heritage no matter how much you guys bash it.

Last edited by madicarus2000; 05-04-2008 at 11:48 PM.. Reason: linkes images

Old 05-03-2008, 05:48 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,214,200 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
It would be very easy to take this out of context and say white people are racist.

But I see only a few people, and I'm intelligent enough to know that these pictures more than likely don't represent a lot of white people.

I dont know why people get so flustered over the flags. Yeah, you complain about them carrying some mexican flags in a protest, but people also complain of them owning mexican flags in general.

People having Mexican flags arent necessarily out of allegiance to the mexican governement..its cultural pride.

I own a Mexican flag myself, but Ive never in my life lived in Mexico. Born and Raised in California USA, and proud of that too. I'm also very proud in my Heritage no matter how much you guys bash it.
Remember too that there are White supremacist groups in Argentina as well as Chile and Spain who also fly the Nazi flag.

I can just see it now: a bunch of neo-Nazi skinheads from Buenos Aires and a group of Chicano MEChA supporters 'having it out' at a 'Hispanic' gathering-----screaming at one another in Spanish.

Old 05-03-2008, 07:25 PM

Location: Los Angeles, which as I understand was once upon a time ago part of the United States of America
849 posts, read 1,051,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Remember too that there are White supremacist groups in Argentina as well as Chile and Spain who also fly the Nazi flag.

I can just see it now: a bunch of neo-Nazi skinheads from Buenos Aires and a group of Chicano MEChA supporters 'having it out' at a 'Hispanic' gathering-----screaming at one another in Spanish.
LOL! Yep...

Old 05-04-2008, 01:07 AM

3,172 posts, read 6,762,982 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post

What the hell does that have to do with anything I said?

I don't care about Argentina, Chile, and especially not Spain. Spain isn't even on the same continent.

Old 05-04-2008, 07:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
What the hell does that have to do with anything I said?

I don't care about Argentina, Chile, and especially not Spain. Spain isn't even on the same continent.
Thank God for the political survival of MEChA et al that the three above Hispanic nations are not a big source of legal immigrants to the USA------the latter tend to assimilate very quickly and become de facto Anglos

Old 05-04-2008, 07:46 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,666,537 times
The ignorance of pro-illegals is astounding. With that aside, there is some pity to be had for those who are not wanted in their own country. Filled with anger and hostility, they like the maruaders they are, invade and terrorize another country. Never stopping to think in circumspection, "why am I not wanted anywhere?". Similar to the Palis in the Middle East, they are a squalorous people, noone wants them, not even their own. Wonder if they ever have the self scrutiny to ask themselves, "what can I do to make myself an attribute to a society, instead of a parasite?" Nah, never happen.....

Old 05-04-2008, 08:37 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilypad View Post
The ignorance of pro-illegals is astounding. With that aside, there is some pity to be had for those who are not wanted in their own country. Filled with anger and hostility, they like the maruaders they are, invade and terrorize another country. Never stopping to think in circumspection, "why am I not wanted anywhere?". Similar to the Palis in the Middle East, they are a squalorous people, noone wants them, not even their own. Wonder if they ever have the self scrutiny to ask themselves, "what can I do to make myself an attribute to a society, instead of a parasite?" Nah, never happen.....
And; what makes it many times worse is our lickspittle government that passes jokes like the Patriot Act yet does not have the balls to close/lock at least our southern border AND commission mass deportations of the illegal immigrants already in the USA.

And; if Wash DC were to do more of the proper thing, change the 14 Amendment to restrict birthright citizenship to US born children of either citizens or legal residents only.

Old 05-04-2008, 08:55 AM

7,138 posts, read 14,666,537 times
What a great word: lickspittle! Tried to rep but not allowed.

I, too, am for sending the anchor babies back to Mexico along with their illegal parent(s).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration