Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Do "Mayday" rallies help the illegal immigrant cause?
Yes 4 11.43%
No 28 80.00%
No opinion/not sure 3 8.57%
Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-04-2008, 08:56 AM

1,213 posts, read 1,634,171 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And; what makes it many times worse is our lickspittle government that passes jokes like the Patriot Act yet does not have the balls to close/lock at least our southern border AND commission mass deportations of the illegal immigrants already in the USA.

And; if Wash DC were to do more of the proper thing, change the 14 Amendment to restrict birthright citizenship to US born children of either citizens or legal residents only.
Well, it does seem that, currently, the majority of national Republican politicians are the only ones fighting the illegal Mexican invasion, while the majority of the national Democratic politicians, are fighting the Republican politicians fighting the illegal Mexican invasion.

The 14th amendment will never be changed as long as national Democratic politicians are allowed to view anchor babies as future Democratic voters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-04-2008, 09:39 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,183,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roguer View Post
Well, it does seem that, currently, the majority of national Republican politicians are the only ones fighting the illegal Mexican invasion, while the majority of the national Democratic politicians, are fighting the Republican politicians fighting the illegal Mexican invasion.

The 14th amendment will never be changed as long as national Democratic politicians are allowed to view anchor babies as future Democratic voters.
I swear; I am flabbergasted at how far right wing by societal standards I have become.

Although; many of the reasonable demands of the Old School Liberals have become 'mainstream'. Equal rights for 'non' White people, much less tolerance for DUI's, spousal abuse, child abuse, etc.

Old 05-05-2008, 08:27 AM

4,803 posts, read 8,759,488 times
Here are some "interesting" photos on Michelle Malkins blog of "immigrants" helping their cause. A couple are truly hilarious.

You just can't make this stuff up folks.

Michelle Malkin » “My immigrant vagina is angry” and other militant May Day moments

Old 05-08-2008, 08:29 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,759,536 times
Quote:
Thank God for the political survival of MEChA et al that the three above Hispanic nations are not a big source of legal immigrants to the USA------the latter tend to assimilate very quickly and become de facto Anglos
As a Mexican American who grew up in a Mexican-American community, I ask you who seem to know way more about Mexican culture than me, is Mecha even all that prominent?

The only time I've ever met someone in Mecha was when they visited our high school.

theyre not exactly the black panthers, haha. i guess theyre part of the "menace" for promoting "brown pride".

..but wait..isn't there white people in latin america?....brown pride? ...does not compute..does not compute

Old 05-08-2008, 10:01 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,801,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
As a Mexican American who grew up in a Mexican-American community, I ask you who seem to know way more about Mexican culture than me, is Mecha even all that prominent?

The only time I've ever met someone in Mecha was when they visited our high school.

theyre not exactly the black panthers, haha. i guess theyre part of the "menace" for promoting "brown pride".

..but wait..isn't there white people in latin america?....brown pride? ...does not compute..does not compute

If the KKK or neo-nazi skin heads promote "white pride" and everyone things they are racist for doing so, then why would Mexicans be somehow different for promoting racist pride?

America is not supposed to be about racist pride, or pride and allegience to the country you've abandoned, it's not about where we've come but where we're going as a people. Those Mexican race groups ought to consider moving back to Mexico.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:07 PM

523 posts, read 1,283,885 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Oh good lord. Are you really going to expect the rest of us to believe that you don't have the goods to distinguish between a heritage parade and a protest march?

Here's a little hint for you. You won't find the Shriners doing their gig on their little motorcycles in the midst of a protest march.....
I've certainly never seen a local Italian or Polish parade flipping the bird to the USA.

Old 05-08-2008, 10:27 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,759,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
If the KKK or neo-nazi skin heads promote "white pride" and everyone things they are racist for doing so, then why would Mexicans be somehow different for promoting racist pride?

America is not supposed to be about racist pride, or pride and allegience to the country you've abandoned, it's not about where we've come but where we're going as a people. Those Mexican race groups ought to consider moving back to Mexico.
1. you respond as if i was supporting Mecha, when I was actually saying that I don't even know if its even a prominent group. Its just a few radicals that have clubs in colleges as far as i know.

2. Mexican pride is racist pride? Yeah, its pretty acceptable to say that these days.
Are you also against Black pride?

Old 05-09-2008, 07:03 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,183,508 times
Quote:
1. you respond as if i was supporting Mecha, when I was actually saying that I don't even know if its even a prominent group. Its just a few radicals that have clubs in colleges as far as i know.

2. Mexican pride is racist pride? Yeah, its pretty acceptable to say that these days.
If one is going to have Black (or any other species of) Pride-----White Pride is just as acceptable.

As for 'Mexican' Pride------that one can be slippery due to there being no actual Mexican 'race'. I suspect that Nordic White person born/raised SOB would be ostracized by the Mestizos and vice versa.

Old 05-09-2008, 07:46 PM

Quote:

What about Martin Luther King's speech, about judging a man not by his skin color but by what he is?

What is white pride or raza pride but judging people by their race? If you are very proud that your ancestors are of the Mexican "race" then is someone else supposed to be ashamed that they are not of that race?

Besides, a Mexican can be of any race, I know plenty of fair skinned blond Mexicans, I know Mexicans that have obvious Chinese features because they have ancestors that came from China, I know Mexicans that are 100% Arab ancestry. There is no Mexican race. La Raza is a lie if nothing else.

Mexicans are actually a multiracial society just as the USA is, and most Mexicans have been mixed race -- European, Indian, and Black from the very beginning.

Old 05-09-2008, 07:49 PM

Quote:
If one is going to have Black (or any other species of) Pride-----White Pride is just as acceptable.

As for 'Mexican' Pride------that one can be slippery due to there being no actual Mexican 'race'. I suspect that Nordic White person born/raised SOB would be ostracized by the Mestizos and vice versa.
Really ancestor or race pride is ridiculous because no one has any control over their ancestry. Pride should be for the things you personally have accomplished. Looking down at your skin and thinking it's something to be proud or ashamed of is pretty strange thinking and it's ridiculous how these La Raza types want to dwell on The Race.

It's what a person makes of himself that matters.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration