Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-11-2021, 05:33 PM

63,325 posts, read 29,403,826 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teacher Terry View Post
Great news!!
Where's the good news?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-11-2021, 06:37 PM

13,526 posts, read 7,507,693 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
It's not the wall that's stupid.......... Couldn't refute a single thing I said nor the the links I provided that proved you wrong on everything, could you?
I provided you links before about the fines you conveniently forgot about it ?

https://fordmurraylaw.com/potential-...ed-immigrants/

If you are found to have knowingly or negligently hired undocumented employees to work for your company, you could face severe civil and criminal penalties. You are also at risk if you discover that an employee is not authorized to work in the US and you continue their employment. First offenders face civil fines ranging from $375 to $3,200 per illegal worker.

The wall was a stupid idea hopefully Biden tears down the rest of it.

Old 10-11-2021, 07:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kell490 View Post
I provided you links before about the fines you conveniently forgot about it ?

https://fordmurraylaw.com/potential-...ed-immigrants/

If you are found to have knowingly or negligently hired undocumented employees to work for your company, you could face severe civil and criminal penalties. You are also at risk if you discover that an employee is not authorized to work in the US and you continue their employment. First offenders face civil fines ranging from $375 to $3,200 per illegal worker.

The wall was a stupid idea hopefully Biden tears down the rest of it.
Yet an employer was fined $95 million! No I didn't conveniently forget anything either. I never saw your link in the first place. I don't want to listen to any more of your parroting the same thing over and over that you "think" that the wall is a stupid idea when the facts have hit you square in the face that they are very effective including the sentiments of those patrolling our border. That's just plain idiotic!

Why tear down what has already been built? That would be a huge waste of money! You know the good walls work and that's why you keep saying they don't and want them torn down because it stops the flow of your illegal amigos and you can't have that! You anti-wall people fool no one.

Done with your anti-American, pro-illegal alien nonsense. You're hopeless! Buh, bye!

Old 10-11-2021, 08:29 PM

Quote:
Yet an employer was fined $95 million! No I didn't conveniently forget anything either. I never saw your link in the first place. I don't want to listen to any more of your parroting the same thing over and over that you "think" that the wall is a stupid idea when the facts have hit you square in the face that they are very effective including the sentiments of those patrolling our border. That's just plain idiotic!

Why tear down what has already been built? That would be a huge waste of money! You know the good walls work and that's why you keep saying they don't and want them torn down because it stops the flow of your illegal amigos and you can't have that! You anti-wall people fool no one.

Done with your anti-American, pro-illegal alien nonsense. You're hopeless! Buh, bye!
I guess 60% of Americans also think the wall was a stupid idea.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/246455/...rder-wall.aspx

Old 10-12-2021, 04:51 AM

59,516 posts, read 27,655,455 times
Quote:
Nothing has changed they can still have American citizens Children and the fine for hiring an illegal immigrant is $375. They will come here anyway they can. Stupid walls are not going to stop them.
"Stupid walls are not going to stop them."

I didn't know a wall could be stupid or smart!

Just out of curiosity how many have crossed where there IS a good wall?

Answer, NONE.

By your "reasoning" we shouldn't do ANYTHING because according to you NOTHING works and nothing WILL work.

Let's apply your "logic" to EVERY law.

Its is illegal to spreed yet, THOUSANDS of people get stopped for speeding every year.

Since we can't catch ALL of them, get rid of the law.

Illegal crossings were at their LOWEST in history towards the end of Trumps term.

Why do you think that was?

Mexico agreed to keep the "migrants" on THEIR side of trh border until their trial date, under Trump.

Why do you think that twas?

Mexico clamped down on "caravans" from crossing their southern border on their way here.

Why do you think they did that.

I agree we will NEVER stop ALL of them but, we CAN do a hell of a lot better as we did when Trump was president.

Old 10-12-2021, 05:17 AM

1,813 posts, read 919,858 times
Quote:
I guess 60% of Americans also think the wall was a stupid idea.

https://news.gallup.com/poll/246455/...rder-wall.aspx

Polls are skewed all the time to produce a desired outcome.

Old 10-12-2021, 06:11 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ketchikanite View Post
Polls are skewed all the time to produce a desired outcome.
Exactly! It just means many Americans haven't informed themselves on the effectiveness of good physical barriers on our border and many of them are just bleeding heart liberals or ethnocentrics that don't want the flow of illegals impeded so they just deny the truth about the effectiveness of them hoping if they protest loud enough they can influence our government not to build them (Biden and Democrat voters). They are so transparent. Anyone with half a brain can see right through them.

That was a biased poll anyway as they also claimed that 81% of Americans want citizenship for illegal aliens. Yeah, right!

Old 10-12-2021, 10:47 AM

Quote:
Exactly! It just means many Americans haven't informed themselves on the effectiveness of good physical barriers on our border and many of them are just bleeding heart liberals or ethnocentrics that don't want the flow of illegals impeded so they just deny the truth about the effectiveness of them hoping if they protest loud enough they can influence our government not to build them (Biden and Democrat voters). They are so transparent. Anyone with half a brain can see right through them.

That was a biased poll anyway as they also claimed that 81% of Americans want citizenship for illegal aliens. Yeah, right!

You started several threads referring to a poll? If you don't agree with the poll then it's a "biased" poll?
Just admit majority of America doesn't agree with you.

New Poll Shows Majority of Americans Lack Confidence in Biden’s Immigration Policy (states, claims)

Immigration ‘amnesty’ a potential career-ending vote for Senate Dems: Poll (illegally, Reed)

Poll: Most liberals say Americans are too lazy to work (born, immigrants)

Last edited by kell490; 10-12-2021 at 10:57 AM..

Old 10-13-2021, 04:42 AM

59,516 posts, read 27,655,455 times
Quote:
The wall was a stupid idea I said it again
Doesn't say much for YOU!

Old 10-13-2021, 05:38 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quick Enough View Post
Doesn't say much for YOU!
Stops his/her little foot in spite of the evidence.

https://www.usatoday.com/story/opini...umn/586853001/

https://www.libertynation.com/border-walls-work/

https://www.dhs.gov/news/2018/12/12/walls-work
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration