Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2022, 04:57 PM

63,007 posts, read 29,194,251 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitty61 View Post
OK. You want to play that game.

We have plenty of room for them and plenty of jobs. You won't spend the money to send them here though so it is pointless to dream that it will ever happen. Tell the Irish, Sottish, English, Swedish... to go back to where they belong. You might as well go too because these are your families so you don't belong here either.

Migrants have flowed across our border since Trump won in 2016. Some of them lost fingers, toes, feet and hands due to frost bite because they weren't aware they needed warmer clothes. They decided to walk here in the winter and crossed illegally and were arrested for it. Then they were taken to a warm place, food, essentials, clothing and health care and integrated into our communities. Families were kept together. No cages or infants without their mothers or parents lost without their kids.

I understand that it is a problem to have so many people coming to your border. It shouldn't mean that compassion shouldn't play a role in how to deal with it.
WTH are you talking about? The Irish, Scots, English, etc. came here legally not illegally. So why should they go back to where they belong?

Illegal aliens aren't plain ole "migrants" so stop referring to them in that way! Anything bad that has happened to them is their own doing by trying to violate our immigration laws.

These illegals were told not to bring their kids here illegally or they could be separated from them as we don't jail kids with their parents. Since they were warned and they did so anyway then just who is to blame here? Many of these kids weren't even with their parents but with child trafficters.

Compassion should be for those who take the legal route and most of all for our own citizens. You bleeding hearts will be the death of our nation!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-26-2022, 05:14 PM

19,854 posts, read 12,122,348 times
Quote:

We have plenty of room for them and plenty of jobs. You won't spend the money to send them here though so it is pointless to dream that it will ever happen. Tell the Irish, Sottish, English, Swedish... to go back to where they belong. You might as well go too because these are your families so you don't belong here either.

Migrants have flowed across our border since Trump won in 2016. Some of them lost fingers, toes, feet and hands due to frost bite because they weren't aware they needed warmer clothes. They decided to walk here in the winter and crossed illegally and were arrested for it. Then they were taken to a warm place, food, essentials, clothing and health care and integrated into our communities. Families were kept together. No cages or infants without their mothers or parents lost without their kids.

I understand that it is a problem to have so many people coming to your border. It shouldn't mean that compassion shouldn't play a role in how to deal with it.

How many million would you like? We are already transporting them all over the country, it wouldn’t be much more to drop them at the Canadian border since you want to tell Americans what they should be doing.

My parents emigrated here legally through Ellis Island. You shouldn’t run your mouth about what you do not know.

Old 07-26-2022, 05:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LF2Better View Post
You can be for a controlled and secure border policy and be sympathetic to the plight of immigrants who are feeling their countries to come here. I agree with you that the US needs to get a better handle on who is coming into the country, but in general, I think of you want to come here, mind your own business, get a job, and try to improve your life then we should be welcoming those sorts of people in. Right now we have a legitimate shortage of workers and our immigration policy needs to be updated to allow more people to enter the country legally. I’m not accusing you of this, but I do think that there are a lot of people who oppose immigration illegal or legal because they basically don’t like the idea of more foreigners coming into the US. They don’t like the culture they bring with them, the language they speak, etc.

We already allow in over 1 million legal immigrants a year in keeping with our ability to provide them with jobs and resources. Why would we change that sane policy just to accomodate more of them that we don't need? Most of these sort of peope are illegals that don't have skills, would end up working low end jobs and end up being a fiscal burden to our society. We don't have endless water supplies, schools, hospitals and housing to accommodate them either.

We do not have a labor shortage for immigrants that we actually need! We don't need more burger flippers, leaf blowers etc. as they don't earn enough to support themselves and their families.

This has nothing to do with xenophobia it's about the real reasons that we have immigration laws and quotas in place which I explained in my first paragraph.

I don't care what culture an "immigrant" brings with them or what language they speak just as long as they assimilate to our culture and language out in mainstream America and follow the legal path within our annual quotas. They can practice their native cultures and languages in the privacy of their own homes.

Old 07-26-2022, 05:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by beach43ofus View Post
Now that we know that the vast majority of them will be voting for Republicans, wouldnt you think the Dems will crack down?

79% disapprove of Biden.
What utter nonsense! Just because they may not like Biden on certain issues does not mean that most of them will start voting Republican. They will continue to vote Democrat because of other issues.

Old 07-26-2022, 05:32 PM

1,719 posts, read 733,550 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by villageidiot1 View Post
gun control, infrastructure spending, health insurance, immigration, education
Thank you.

Old 07-26-2022, 06:10 PM

25,829 posts, read 12,868,345 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
What utter nonsense! Just because they may not like Biden on certain issues does not mean that most of them will start voting Republican. They will continue to vote Democrat because of other issues.
You must not have been reading any of the recent polling. Only 21% of hispanics approve of the Democrat party. Do you think they'll vote for a party they don't approve of? That would be utter nonsense.

Many Dems are in denial of the recent polling of blacks and hispanics. No worrries, we are less than 4 months away from finding out who is right...you or me. Let's revisit this on Nov 9th...okay?

Old 07-26-2022, 06:17 PM

1,719 posts, read 733,550 times
Quote:
Well, first, I will have to respectfully disagree with you about the need for workers here, especially lower skilled, lowered paid workers. I’ve seen a lot in the press and had my own (clearly more limited) observations at restaurants, retails shops, airports, etc. of worker shortages. So, I think there is most definitely a legitimate immediate need to be filled.

Second, I think your point about these folks putting stresses on existing infrastructure is fair….I can see that as a legitimate burden on schools, hospitals, etc. I think where we differ is that I see those issues as shorter term burdens, that while real, will ultimately be offset by a larger and more educated/productive workforce. I know my great grand parents came to the US with no education and no knowledge of English. I know 3 of them took jobs in laundries, one worked as a cobbler (don’t see that job much any more, huh?) Fast forward three generations and there are 14 great grand children all with college degrees or better, all English speaking, and all gainfully employed paying income, property, OASDI, etc. taxes. I’m not suggesting that this happens in every situation, but in general, progressive generations do better than the earlier generations. Anyway, I see people as a source of growth and wealth creation…but it does take some time to see those results.

Finally, I just wanted to restate that I did not accuse you specifically of xenophobia. You’ve given me no reason to think you are guilty of such. My statement was broader, and I think based on a lot of the hateful rhetoric levied against illegal immigrants, the issue is clearly more based on the “immigrant” than the “illegal”.

Anyway, while I think we need (and should) to allow more people to enter the country and you disagree, we both agree that we should be better stewards as far as border control.
Thank you for a very civil post!

Old 07-26-2022, 06:20 PM

25,974 posts, read 22,164,069 times
Quote:
No, I don't "remember the "dead" people that voted," other than a few scattered cases where someone submitted an absentee ballot for a parent who had recently passed away. If this is widespread, please provide your sources.

I'm in favor of voter ID. I'm also in favor of enforcing the I-9, Employment Eligibility Verification process. And penalize employers who don't follow the law.
If you are in favor of enforcing laws, that does include immigration laws, right? I am good with hitting it hard, loading them up when apprehended and sending them home, anchor babies in tow.

Quote:

Easy to say when you don't have a clue not even being in our country. Why aren't they continuing on to Canada?

https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/wha...gration-policy

"Canada granted roughly 401,000 foreigners permanent residency in 2021, the highest number in more than a century. The greatest share of new Canadian permanent residents came from India, and many were skilled professionals. The Canadian government plans to welcome 411,000 new permanent residents in 2022."

I noticed that the immigrants going to Canada were not border jumpers like we are getting.

I am not sure you understand how your country is being impacted by immigrants:

https://thefasthire.org/how-does-imm...reduce%20wages.

"Because of the high immigration rate in Canada, the number of labour force is greater than the available employment. Jobs are not enough for the residents of Canada. Sadly, the citizens of Canada are affected more because employers prefer to employ immigrants to work for them. Some commentators even agree that immigrants have a large negative impact on Canada’s employment because they steal jobs from native-born and reduce wages. (You will understand why in the next outline)."

So before they end up at your front door, you might want to visit with your neighbors and see how they feel about the arrival!

https://sustainablesociety.com/popul...n#.YuCA4CvMLrc Learn what it will do to your country!

Quote:
Originally Posted by gus2 View Post
Wow, thanks for the "start." I did not realize that you were also "assisting Border Control" with the OP.
Too much Kool-aid for you. Go to bed.
A typical liberal response, nothing of any value as you cannot debate the issue, just "parrot" the media. Have you lived among the illegal aliens and seen the result of their presence? Probably not unless you are one. It is easy to mouth what the media says, when you are not living in the real world. I have lived in southern AZ, my introduction to the plague that illegal immigration is to our country. Sadly, even in KS, they have infected many towns turning areas into 3rd world dives.

Quote:
You can be for a controlled and secure border policy and be sympathetic to the plight of immigrants who are feeling their countries to come here. I agree with you that the US needs to get a better handle on who is coming into the country, but in general, I think of you want to come here, mind your own business, get a job, and try to improve your life then we should be welcoming those sorts of people in. Right now we have a legitimate shortage of workers and our immigration policy needs to be updated to allow more people to enter the country legally. I’m not accusing you of this, but I do think that there are a lot of people who oppose immigration illegal or legal because they basically don’t like the idea of more foreigners coming into the US. They don’t like the culture they bring with them, the language they speak, etc.
Immigrants come into our country legally, and no one really has an issue with that. Thousands come in every year, and some come on temp visas for agricultural work.

You do realize that terrorists come through, and there is a stream of stories where a murderer from one of the 3rd world countries has come into the US and been apprehended. How many are here and not apprehended? There also rapists, especially of young girls that come in. Anyone can come in without a history.

There is not shortage of workers. I noticed jobs are being filled in KS since they made it a requirement in order to get food stamps and other assistance. Pull the public assistance from the able-bodied, and we have workers. Of course, I doubt the liberal states would do that.

Thousands of foreigners enter the country legally. No one has an issue with them. Yeah, try to make it about language, etc. Nope, milking the welfare system by dropping anchor babies, taking housing as citizens sleep on the street as people with children get in before a single individual.

These are economic, uneducated and sometimes much worse illegal aliens. We just need to follow our immigration laws and stop the flow. We can't even take care of our own citizens. Once they get asylum, they get the full array of public assistance benefits.

Quote:
WTH are you talking about? The Irish, Scots, English, etc. came here legally not illegally. So why should they go back to where they belong?

Illegal aliens aren't plain ole "migrants" so stop referring to them in that way! Anything bad that has happened to them is their own doing by trying to violate our immigration laws.

These illegals were told not to bring their kids here illegally or they could be separated from them as we don't jail kids with their parents. Since they were warned and they did so anyway then just who is to blame here? Many of these kids weren't even with their parents but with child trafficters.

Compassion should be for those who take the legal route and most of all for our own citizens. You bleeding hearts will be the death of our nation!
Yes, my family never got welfare when they arrived. Welfare didn't use to exist in the first place. If not for the public assistance they gain by dropping anchor babies, they would be discouraged from coming, as if they didn't work, they would have to depend on charity. Actually, they milk the charities dry also leaving nothing for citizens.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
How many million would you like? We are already transporting them all over the country, it wouldn’t be much more to drop them at the Canadian border since you want to tell Americans what they should be doing.

My parents emigrated here legally through Ellis Island. You shouldn’t run your mouth about what you do not know.
If you look at what I linked above, she is probably the only one that wants them, as they are starting to experience the same drain that we are. They mostly get their immigrants (not illegal aliens) from India and other countries across the pond, so I'm guessing those are not economic illegal aliens like we are getting.

Yep, my ancestors came "sleeves rolled up ready to build a country", and illegal aliens come with "hands out".

Quote:
There will be some Hispanics who will not be voting for Biden as they are impacted in a negative way by the presence of illegal aliens, the rundown neighborhoods, drain on public education, crime, gangs, illegal drug traffic, drunk driving illegals............... Those that actually entered the country LEGALLY have a different feeling than those descended from illegal aliens.

As we all have less, despite working so hard, there will be a rebellion about this. It is coming as money gets tighter and more of our citizens lose their homes, jobs, etc.

Old 07-26-2022, 06:23 PM

61,825 posts, read 87,292,973 times
Quote:
Do you think these immigrants are going to be voting anytime soon?
https://ballotpedia.org/Debate_over_...itizens_voting

Old 07-26-2022, 06:27 PM

61,825 posts, read 87,292,973 times
Still no word from OP about how, exactly, he is "assisting" the BP. ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration