Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

View Poll Results: Who Is Getting The Next Batch of Illegals?
Gretchen Whitmer of MI 7 20.00%
Gavin Newsom of French Laundry 16 45.71%
The Kennedy Compound, in c/o Jack Daniels 4 11.43%
Kathy Hochul in Albany 8 22.86%
Multiple Choice Poll. Voters: 35. You may not vote on this poll

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-16-2022, 01:32 PM

8,168 posts, read 3,136,460 times

Advertisements

I think they need to be flown to Hawaii. That state is run by blow-hard democrap libs and you'd think they'd love to have them there to join their "team".
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-16-2022, 02:02 PM

13,062 posts, read 9,578,087 times
Certainly DeSantis sending illegals to Martha's Vineyard was a political stunt, but he got his point across. I don't recall Democrats complaining, or even mentioning, when Biden was flying them into New York and other areas in the middle of the night, yet when DeSantis moves just a few it's like the world has come to an end and he is evil.

What would the Administration do if Canadians suddenly decided to come en masse to the US? It would be shut down in a hurry.

Old 09-16-2022, 02:05 PM

20,495 posts, read 12,412,329 times
I honestly want to see a thousand in Martha's Vinyard.

We have towns in Texas with 1500 residents that the Feds dropped 5k on.

Old 09-16-2022, 02:05 PM

37,155 posts, read 42,278,198 times
I hear Biden wants to revive the remain in Mexico policy. Probably will say it's a great original idea by the Dems if they do.

Old 09-16-2022, 02:11 PM

5,178 posts, read 3,784,310 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stone28 View Post
I have an idea......how about we build a wall and have Mexico pay for it !!!!

Better yet how about no wall and we will never stop paying for it?

Old 09-16-2022, 02:20 PM

1,579 posts, read 954,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by uggabugga View Post
Rehoboth beach, specifically.
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, Rehoboth Beach is in Sussex county Delaware, which is a very red county and highly favors Trump. It’s not a sanctuary city or anything like that. Sure, liberals vacation there from DC but they don’t live there and it’s not their backyard. The people who live there are conservatives. If you want to send a message to Biden by putting them in Delaware, you would want to put them in Wilmington, Delaware which is the blue part of the state and where Biden actually lives. Sending them to Rehoboth is basically like sending them to Wyoming because Biden likes and visits Yellowstone.

If the idea is to show liberal voters what is happening in border states with the influx of illegal immigration, sending immigrants to conservative counties, isn’t going to show liberal voters anything, because the liberal voter aren’t there.

Old 09-16-2022, 02:37 PM

1,579 posts, read 954,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RocketDawg View Post
Certainly DeSantis sending illegals to Martha's Vineyard was a political stunt, but he got his point across. I don't recall Democrats complaining, or even mentioning, when Biden was flying them into New York and other areas in the middle of the night, yet when DeSantis moves just a few it's like the world has come to an end and he is evil.

What would the Administration do if Canadians suddenly decided to come en masse to the US? It would be shut down in a hurry.
It is a political stunt. It’s political theatrics. But it does have the effect of having people talk about it. Personally, I would like to them to stop shipping all these people around now that the point has been made and Republicans have gotten the media’s attention. What the Republicans need to do now that they’ve shot the proverbial starter gun to get the country’s attention is to start sharing what their solutions are to stop illegal immigration. But they need to do it in a way that will appeal to Democratic voters that they are trying to win over (which means a different focus/ message than what’s been done in the past to appeal to the Republican base).

Time will tell if this is a careful move in the game of political chess, or if this is just a political game of 52PickUp.

Old 09-16-2022, 02:59 PM

9,143 posts, read 5,815,795 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BaptistFundie View Post
Agreed. The nice folks in Martha's Vineyard think it's cool when they get 50 of them. Let's see what happens when it's 500.
The hypocrisy is stunning. The illegals were removed from the island within 24 hours.
They support illegal immigration until it effects them.

Old 09-16-2022, 03:06 PM

14,237 posts, read 4,614,478 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speleothem View Post
The hypocrisy is stunning. The illegals were removed from the island within 24 hours.
They support illegal immigration until it effects them.
Average home in MV is $700k.

Liberals can’t have Jose and Juanita living in section 8 housing across the street because it would bring down their real estate values.

NIMBY

Old 09-16-2022, 03:23 PM

52,708 posts, read 34,636,021 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkingLiberty1919D View Post
I’ve said it before, and I’ll say it again, Rehoboth Beach is in Sussex county Delaware, which is a very red county and highly favors Trump. It’s not a sanctuary city or anything like that. Sure, liberals vacation there from DC but they don’t live there and it’s not their backyard. The people who live there are conservatives. If you want to send a message to Biden by putting them in Delaware, you would want to put them in Wilmington, Delaware which is the blue part of the state and where Biden actually lives. Sending them to Rehoboth is basically like sending them to Wyoming because Biden likes and visits Yellowstone.

If the idea is to show liberal voters what is happening in border states with the influx of illegal immigration, sending immigrants to conservative counties, isn’t going to show liberal voters anything, because the liberal voter aren’t there.
point taken.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration