Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2022, 01:56 PM

1,941 posts, read 830,125 times

Advertisements

https://www.baynews9.com/fl/tampa/ne...-and-run-crash
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2022, 02:56 PM

574 posts, read 299,893 times
Another death caused by brandon's "closed border". I'm sure the demented pedophile and kamalla lalla ding dong will blame it on President Trump. His blood is on their hands.

Old 09-23-2022, 03:27 PM

19,851 posts, read 12,122,348 times
According to Pinellas Sheriff Bob Gualtieri, Deputy Michael Hartwick, 51, was killed when he was struck by a front-end loader being driven by a construction worker just after 10:30 p.m. Thursday night.

The suspect was initially believed to be Victor Vasquez-Real by deputies. The individual allegedly involved was later identified as a 32-year-old undocumented immigrant named Juan Ariel Molina-Salles, Gualtieri said during a press conference on Friday afternoon.

Gualtieri said that Molina-Salles had entered the country illegally in October of 2021 in Eagle Pass, Texas, was caught at border and sent back to Mexico, and came back through the Texas border, and has been in the Bay area since March of this year

Old 09-23-2022, 03:51 PM

6,417 posts, read 1,438,122 times
Very sad news - I hope for this brother, this man gets a life sentence. Blood is on Biden and Secretary Mayorakas' hands.

Old 09-23-2022, 04:02 PM

Hopefully his employer is investigated not just for the accident but for hiring an illegal.

Old 09-23-2022, 05:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowne View Post
Hopefully his employer is investigated not just for the accident but for hiring an illegal.
I'm betting an American or a legal immigrant would have taken the job if paid a decent wage, and sadly I doubt the employer will face any punishment.

Old 09-23-2022, 06:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by formerlynorthofnowhere View Post
I'm betting an American or a legal immigrant would have taken the job if paid a decent wage, and sadly I doubt the employer will face any punishment.
They will very likely be sued, I would be disappointed if the family doesn't sue the company and this illegal.

I'm a bit shocked that an employer would put him as a heavy equipment operator. Was he even trained and certified?

Old 09-23-2022, 06:19 PM

Quote:
They will very likely be sued, I would be disappointed if the family doesn't sue the company and this illegal.

I'm a bit shocked that an employer would put him as a heavy equipment operator. Was he even trained and certified?
He passed the mirror test.

As a side note, I spent 200+ hours supervised on a Deere 644 E before I was allowed to operate alone.

Old 09-23-2022, 06:31 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,235,076 times
Quote:
absolutely.

that's certainly a huge part of the problem too. Our government willingness to allow Mega-Infrastructure Company who's subject to e-Verify laws, to hire 10-person subcontractor (with no requirement) crew that might be 1 legal and 9 illegals.

and how in the holy hell was a guy driving a front loader and ran over someone at night?

Old 09-23-2022, 07:35 PM

25,116 posts, read 16,235,076 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by formerlynorthofnowhere View Post
Imagine if government attorneys jumped in to do something to penalize, deter, and diminish this criminal behavior instead of working to allow as many illegals in as they can manage.

There's (in)effectively 2 layers of this critical function of Homeland Security - and we obviously had illegal entry controls before 9/11 when DHS was created and this was folded in.

The illegal worked for some subcontractor of record.

The chances of that subcontractor having just 1 illegal on their payroll is almost 0.

And the chances of the primary contractor doing anything to ensure whether the subcontractor had only legal employees is also almost 0.

That's the way the laws are written. Now, the laws won't be changed at any speed, but the Enforcement division - ICE - has every ability if not responsibility to TRY. But we have had an ICE that doesn't really try, and we currently have a DHS that has told ICE - DON'T!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration