Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2024, 07:34 AM

15,442 posts, read 25,865,599 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by leadfoot4 View Post
I watched about half of that video, and what I came away with, is the impression that many of these illegals have been watching too many episodes of the Kardashians, on TV, and believe that everyone in America lives in the lap of luxury, and they don't have to exert themselves, too much, to achieve that way of life. Once they get here, they find out that the average American has to actually work, in order to have food, clothing, and shelter, and combined with the colder temps in the northern states, it's a far cry from what they were expecting.
That’s been a problem for years. I once met someone from Eastern Europe (over 20 years ago) who thought most Americans lived like J.R..Ewing in Dallas. They wouldn’t believe me when I told them it wasn’t like that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2024, 09:15 AM

6,508 posts, read 3,194,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
That’s what you think. It’s 2024, not 1914 anymore. The best and brightest are in countries that now are in much better shape and offers better living standards than the U.S.A. Most of the immigrants that went to other countries for the last half century are mostly dirt poor and have little skills and they are that way precisely because they are not the best or brightest from their countries.
Sad (for the US) but true....

Old 01-13-2024, 08:09 AM

11,879 posts, read 5,858,955 times

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2DgCsREl6IY

This is wild. Make sure to lock your doors if you're in an area like this.

Old 01-13-2024, 10:22 AM

35,262 posts, read 17,158,240 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antinimby View Post
That’s what you think. It’s 2024, not 1914 anymore. The best and brightest are in countries that now are in much better shape and offers better living standards than the U.S.A. Most of the immigrants that go to other countries for the last half century are mostly dirt poor and have little skills and they are that way precisely because they are not the best or brightest from their countries.
This migration has more to do with the freebies over here than anything. This is a Klondike-style gold rush, with the only factors changed being the absence of severe cold. The Klondike attracted often impecunious treasure seekers because they thought wealth was available for the asking.

Old 01-13-2024, 10:41 AM

8,016 posts, read 5,877,054 times
As I've said before, what's coming up from the third-world countries below the border is garbage human beings.

Old 01-14-2024, 11:36 AM

6,508 posts, read 3,194,055 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jbgusa View Post
This migration has more to do with the freebies over here than anything. This is a Klondike-style gold rush, with the only factors changed being the absence of severe cold. The Klondike attracted often impecunious treasure seekers because they thought wealth was available for the asking.
I agree.

Old 01-19-2024, 01:21 AM

3,751 posts, read 2,584,289 times
1/19/24..
Just woke up and was looking at today's headlines.. NY Post reporting another new stabbing/fight at a NY alien shelter. Photos of the arestees, all well-dressed, appear well-fed. How long will America accept the lawless & false asylum narrative??

Old 01-19-2024, 04:40 AM

11,879 posts, read 5,858,955 times
In comments of one of the videos I watched - a person related how his uncle brought bags of clothing to one of the shelters. Of course the illegals rushed over pulling things out of the bags and discarding them - when he asked if these clothes wouldn't fit them - their response was that they were looking for designer brands like Nike, Tommy Hilfiger ect.. I often wonder why I see so many with designer labels on their clothes.

Old 01-19-2024, 04:42 AM

31,341 posts, read 14,331,733 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Babe_Ruth View Post
1/19/24..
Just woke up and was looking at today's headlines.. NY Post reporting another new stabbing/fight at a NY alien shelter. Photos of the arestees, all well-dressed, appear well-fed. How long will America accept the lawless & false asylum narrative??
Gee. couldn't see this one coming.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration