Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-11-2024, 08:41 AM

15,754 posts, read 7,602,411 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Igor Blevin View Post
Who tells illiterate villagers from 3rd world nations to immigrate illegally to the USA? That is got to be among the world's easiest questions.

Their own governments tell them, because they want to get rid of them. What an easy way to dump your excess and unproductive populace off on someone else. Just herd them in a direction away from your nation and toward the USA or Europe.
Then why are there reintegration services offered in Mexico, El Salvador, Guatemala, and Honduras, if they don't want them back?

btw: Mexico economic outlook, 2023
"The Mexican economy is firing on—thanks to nearshoring, public investment, and private consumption—but productivity and public policies need to catch up."

Interrelations between Public Policies, Migration and Development
© OECD 2017
Chapter 10
Capitalising on return migration by making it more attractive and sustainable

"An increasing number of countries are introducing policies targeted at return migration to attract emigrants home and foster their reintegration."

They don't want to be here any more than the anti-immigration crowd wants them here. Even our ancestors would have preferred their home country, over taking that risky journey to the unknown. The anti-immigration crowd are purposefully forgetting the why, it happened and the why it is still happening, even in Europe.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-11-2024, 12:22 PM

4,428 posts, read 5,158,907 times
My town is popular with them and many don’t come from their country until they secure an apartment beforehand. Others work in another state like Maryland and pay guardians to supervise their children in stacked apartments because the schools are good, though getting worse. They’re like rats to be honest.

Meanwhile, the leaders here literally give them kudos for being able to pull off such scammery. But if it’s non wealthy Americans committing such drudgery, everyone has a hissy fit.

Such a diametric country we live in. Perhaps it always has been, but I believe we’ve reached maximum bone picking. We will fall soon and they’ll pass the mantle to AI and attempt to claim victory somehow. SMH

Old 01-11-2024, 02:24 PM

3,288 posts, read 2,362,856 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClaraC View Post
Maybe the poem by Emma Lazarus, on the Statue of Liberty in the New York harbor? Maybe that's who "tells them"?
At that time, this country needed immigrants who had talent and skills which were necessary to move this country ahead. Those days are long over. That, and the fact that there is a legal process that is required to enter this country. Anyone who does not follow those rules are criminals by the definition of our own constitution. As long as Trump or Vivek are in office, I will be applauding the largest deportation in our country’s history. Hell, I will personally volunteer to capture them and drive them out of here.

Old 01-11-2024, 02:38 PM

6,466 posts, read 3,160,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by trusso11783 View Post
At that time, this country needed immigrants who had talent and skills which were necessary to move this country ahead. Those days are long over. That, and the fact that there is a legal process that is required to enter this country. Anyone who does not follow those rules are criminals by the definition of our own constitution. As long as Trump or Vivek are in office, I will be applauding the largest deportation in our country’s history. Hell, I will personally volunteer to capture them and drive them out of here.

Old 01-11-2024, 06:11 PM

2,486 posts, read 1,422,095 times
Biden and his cronies

Old 01-12-2024, 12:23 AM

1,827 posts, read 808,990 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
I would never leave my kids and not be involved in their daily lives.
Add to that: I would never (and didn’t) have children I could not afford to support.

Old 01-12-2024, 05:48 AM

63,004 posts, read 29,178,555 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWorth View Post
Add to that: I would never (and didn’t) have children I could not afford to support.
Me either but these poor, uneducated and unskilled "migrants" have no common sense. Then they put their kids in danger by dragging them up to our border to violate our immigration laws or they desert them in their home countries and do the same themselves. The worst thing they do is hand them over to child trafficters where they are raped and/or put in harm's way. Yet the bleeding heart left thinks they are heroes.

Old 01-12-2024, 05:58 AM

6,466 posts, read 3,160,332 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CalWorth View Post
Bingo!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldglory View Post
Me either but these poor, uneducated and unskilled "migrants" have no common sense. Then they put their kids in danger by dragging them up to our border to violate our immigration laws or they desert them in their home countries and do the same themselves. The worst thing they do is hand them over to child trafficters where they are raped and/or put in harm's way. Yet the bleeding heart left thinks they are heroes.
Well stated!

Old 01-12-2024, 09:05 AM

23,655 posts, read 12,569,566 times
Funneling migrants to the US is a lucrative business. The governments of other countries, the cartels, the migrant advocacy groups, etc., are the ones telling migrants to come here because they receive big money from pushing migrants to the US. The ones paying the tab for it all, the losers in this situation, is the US taxpayer.

Old 01-13-2024, 08:29 AM

362 posts, read 144,083 times
Americans are such cowards. All people ever do is complain.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration