Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-07-2007, 11:13 AM

238 posts, read 179,667 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by perfecttan01 View Post
Redbird, you seem to have left the building.
I would think if you can make those cute, intellegent, know it all comments you would be interesed on discussing the come back.
Its people like you, talking a bunch of nonsense, that have allowed this problem to this day.
Redbird, you posted a valid opinion, I agree with you.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-07-2007, 01:11 PM

109 posts, read 210,380 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountianboomer View Post
Redbird, you posted a valid opinion, I agree with you.
What part of the opinion was valid? Maybe I am missing something.

Old 03-07-2007, 01:28 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzou View Post
Exactly, but even they couldn't match the might of Guns or the numbers of the English.

People feel really big when they have a gun pointed in your face.

It's nice to hear about another one who has Native American Heritage here. Because others like saying, they aren't here speaking their point of views. Wow, some people of the United States treat like garbage... STILL. They don't even acknowledge our existence! They sure as heck can whine about their illegal buddies though.
My native american ancestors lost this country to my english ancestors, I respect the fact that they fought for all they had in them.
I agree they to this day they were treated wrongly, if they were demanding rights, marching, rallying, I possibly would be right with them.
They have every right to protest, but,, I do not agree that people coming here illegally have a right to demand anything.

Old 03-07-2007, 04:09 PM

2,218 posts, read 5,394,239 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by perfecttan01 View Post
My native american ancestors lost this country to my english ancestors, I respect the fact that they fought for all they had in them.
I agree they to this day they were treated wrongly, if they were demanding rights, marching, rallying, I possibly would be right with them.
They have every right to protest, but,, I do not agree that people coming here illegally have a right to demand anything.
I know exactly how that is.

And you're right, I would be too. But do you think the government would worry about it? No, because the Native Americans don't make up a vast majority of their votes, so why worry.

Old 03-07-2007, 04:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ronzou View Post
I know exactly how that is.

And you're right, I would be too. But do you think the government would worry about it? No, because the Native Americans don't make up a vast majority of their votes, so why worry.
The government does not appear to care about anyone but illegals and elites.
People that are so sympathetic to illegals should visit some indian reservations if they want to see poverty.
We never took anything from illegals, therefore we owe them nothing.
We did take from native americans, where is all the sympathy for them and their situation?
There are numerous illegal symp groups, where are the groups for the native americans?
Do you want to know the difference between illegals and native americans?
Native Americans are a proud people .

Old 03-07-2007, 06:35 PM

656 posts, read 1,309,325 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Illegal Immigrants don't come here or desire taking Americans jobs', they only desire to have sufficient money for them and their family and they can't receive this in their Latin American Country. Where exactly do you live?
well ummm let's see if they come to america illegally who's jobs are they desiring to take then? canadians? get real. yes they desire to come here for a better life there is no doubt there.however they need to do it legally. they also are not coming here and acclimating to our society they are bringing their 3rd world mentality with them and expecting US to make concessions for THEM. that's not right and it's not how it should be. our president needs to say the same thing the prime minister of australia said. basically he said come if you want to .we'll accept you if you do it legally and acclimate yourself to our society and speak our language. it is getting ridiculous here in california these people are taking over. they live 15 to a house. they are overcrowding the schools. they are bringing diseases back i know this to be true because i know people who work for the california school system and T.B. is a big problem that these people are bringing into our country. also they are working in our country and earning american money UN TAXED and sending it back to mexico. how are they contributing to our nation ??they are not they are BURDONING it! and people think we should feel sorry for them because they come from a country that's less fortunate! that's bull!!so we should just let them bring ours down?

Old 03-07-2007, 07:59 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,545,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonM View Post
well ummm let's see if they come to america illegally who's jobs are they desiring to take then? canadians? get real. yes they desire to come here for a better life there is no doubt there.however they need to do it legally. they also are not coming here and acclimating to our society they are bringing their 3rd world mentality with them and expecting US to make concessions for THEM. that's not right and it's not how it should be. our president needs to say the same thing the prime minister of australia said. basically he said come if you want to .we'll accept you if you do it legally and acclimate yourself to our society and speak our language. it is getting ridiculous here in california these people are taking over. they live 15 to a house. they are overcrowding the schools. they are bringing diseases back i know this to be true because i know people who work for the california school system and T.B. is a big problem that these people are bringing into our country. also they are working in our country and earning american money UN TAXED and sending it back to mexico. how are they contributing to our nation ??they are not they are BURDONING it! and people think we should feel sorry for them because they come from a country that's less fortunate! that's bull!!so we should just let them bring ours down?
RIGHT ON Shannon!!! I couldn't have said it better myself...infact I said about the same thing in another forum! It's true about the housing...Americans save to have the American Dream and pay BIG BUCKS in California to put their family in a decent house...then along come the illegals and move 4 families in to make the rent. How would the bleeding hearts like having that next door to them? Kids running loose...6 or 7 cars on the driveway and lawn...screens off the windows, etc. How can you even sell your house to get away from it without taking a big loss? I don't think those of us who are upset about this are heartless...there is nothing wrong with people coming to America for a better life...but do it legally!

Old 03-07-2007, 10:56 PM

1,678 posts, read 2,545,791 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MoMark View Post
Make the 2008 a vote on illegal migration. If that is your main concern, then you won't be voting for Hillary Clinton, Obama, McCain, Edwards, or any of those who are currently declaring themselves in the running. Hillary blows with the political winds, is a carpetbagger, and is all too happy to about-face. No convictions. Obama has apparently a much more interesting background that will emerge with his presidential ambitions announced, including being educated four years at an Islamic madras (school), along with his use of cocaine. McCain is a fake conservative and a mimic of Bush. He's for amnesty. Edwards hasn't made his views known in detail on the subject, but has no weight.
The only possible contender who would make it a priority to gain control of the borders and work with Congress to stop illegal migration into the U.S., efficiently patrol and control our borders, and enforce U.S. law regarding illegal migration and hold employers of illegals accountable would be Tom Tancredo of Colorado. Whether he will run or not remains to be seen.
However, most of the people who rant against illegals keep voting for people who will do nothing about it.
If it's such a big issue to them, they will have to vote the issue. It's a big issue to me, more than Iraq. I'm a Democrat and if Tancredo runs and wins the Republican nomination, he's my vote.
Bless you! I totally agree, but the Republicans will never Tancredo.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:18 AM

1,703 posts, read 6,466,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by shannonM View Post
well ummm let's see if they come to america illegally who's jobs are they desiring to take then?
Youthink they spend a couple thousand dollars on one another crossing the border with the idea of "stealing an American's job." Not to mention, risking their lives and the lives of others, leaving their homeland, and coming to a foreign nation without any knowledge of the language. I think that sounds about right.

Great Joke!! lol

Many of you folks have never been to Mexico, which concludes me to believe many responses are in the ozone layer of why illegal immigrants come to U.S. Let me pull you into reality, in Mexico you could make only a few bucks a day, here as minimum wage you make between 45-60 based on the state you live in. That's not difficult math.

Most of your mindset is probably forecasted from extremely biased news networks of whom are relentless towards illegal immigrants.

Old 03-08-2007, 07:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by dusesean1986 View Post
Youthink they spend a couple thousand dollars on one another crossing the border with the idea of "stealing an American's job." Not to mention, risking their lives and the lives of others, leaving their homeland, and coming to a foreign nation without any knowledge of the language. I think that sounds about right.

Great Joke!! lol

Many of you folks have never been to Mexico, which concludes me to believe many responses are in the ozone layer of why illegal immigrants come to U.S. Let me pull you into reality, in Mexico you could make only a few bucks a day, here as minimum wage you make between 45-60 based on the state you live in. That's not difficult math.

Most of your mindset is probably forecasted from extremely biased news networks of whom are relentless towards illegal immigrants.
I have been to Mexico, I have also been to Ethiopia, just to mention one, and many other starving countries.
When I was very young I was a missionary.
As I mentioned earlier, I have also been on many indian reservations.
What makes the illegals exclusive from all these other people?
The people I am referring to are in far worse shape.
Give me a suggestion on what we are to do about all of them? Bring them all here?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration