Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-16-2008, 09:13 AM

35 posts, read 61,658 times

Advertisements

Im starting a segment on my blog about Lou Dobbs that you all might be interested in. You should stop by the blog to take a look at it. Here's a short run down.

Lou Dobbs Watch Project:
We are going to watch every Lou Dobbs episode for a month and record the number of things he says that are racist as well as the ratio of men to women, white to people of color, and white women to women of color that appear on his show. CNN is seen by a lot of people in the United States as the “Liberal News”. I would argue that CNN is right of center, in fact they are so right wing that they employ Lou Dobbs.

Visit http://alliedvideo.pcriot.com/blog/
for more details.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2008, 09:30 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
Lou Dobbs Almost Calls Condi A "Cotton Picker"

Old 07-16-2008, 09:33 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,343,406 times
So what if he IS racist? Everybody is racist to some degree, in my experience - it's just that people on TV like Lou are pointed out.

The term, "racist", has lost its meaning because people use it for EVERYTHING, so it means nothing now. For any real or imagined slight, one is called a "racist".

Old 07-16-2008, 09:37 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,594,329 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Good God Almighty, if that's not the most misleading title to a video clip EVER it sure earns an Honorable Mention. After WATCHING the clip it's plain that the truncated term of 'cotton-picker' was directed generically at ALL politicians. Give me a break...

Old 07-16-2008, 09:38 AM

218 posts, read 437,904 times
Here is the problem I see with this effort and indeed other efforts to "document" that someone is racist, biased, liberal, whatever.

Your enterprise seems to be starting from the assumption you wish to prove. That is, you are going to "document" every time Dobbs says something that is racist, and attempt to frame CNN as "right of centre."

From that angle, you are doomed from the start.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:38 AM

2,732 posts, read 6,767,656 times
Well of course he MUST be a racist.He is against open borders

Old 07-16-2008, 09:40 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,411,011 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by alliedvideo View Post
Im starting a segment on my blog about Lou Dobbs that you all might be interested in. You should stop by the blog to take a look at it. Here's a short run down.

Lou Dobbs Watch Project:
We are going to watch every Lou Dobbs episode for a month and record the number of things he says that are racist as well as the ratio of men to women, white to people of color, and white women to women of color that appear on his show. CNN is seen by a lot of people in the United States as the “Liberal News”. I would argue that CNN is right of center, in fact they are so right wing that they employ Lou Dobbs.

Visit TheTechRevolution
for more details.
Let me start off by saying that Lou Dobbs IS NOT an employee of CNN. He is a former employee of CNN who has morphed into an INDEPENDENT entity that broadcasts his show from the CNN studios.

I have watched Lou Dobbs since he was the host of Moneyline. The fact that he has morphed into an independent voice for the people speaks volumes in terms of his love for America.

I don't think that he is a racist at all. PC is killing America and the fact that Lou doesn't fall in line with the PC, BS is what seems to bother those who disagree with his stances (particularly the IA huggers) the most.

Some call him a xenophobe, others call him a populist, I consider him an American patriot, the voice for and a champion of the middle class.

You may not agree with what he says, but he has the right to say it, anyway that he damn well pleases, and I love that!

Old 07-16-2008, 09:41 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,343,406 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach50 View Post
Could it have been "cotton pickin", and he changed it to "ridiculous"? Sounds like it to me.

Old 07-16-2008, 09:42 AM

9,963 posts, read 18,501,624 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Good God Almighty, if that's not the most misleading title to a video clip EVER it sure earns an Honorable Mention. After WATCHING the clip it's plain that the truncated term of 'cotton-picker' was directed generically at ALL politicians. Give me a break...
Is that why he stopped what he was saying?
Where did he get the idea of Cotton Picker?

FYI that remark was also PURGED from the Transcript, admitting he knew it was the wrong thing to say.
http://thinkprogress.org/2008/03/31/...cotton-pickin/

Old 07-16-2008, 09:47 AM

2,065 posts, read 3,594,329 times
He stopped what he was saying because he realized that some race-based huckster would try to make a mountain out of it. Witness the Huffington Post and YOU. The comment, IF completed, was directed at ALL politicians, NOT Condi Rice.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration