Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 12:57 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,862,042 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nietzschean Gangsta View Post
You're exactly right!! The issue of "illegal immigration" is nothing more than a distraction meant to deflect attention away from the structural and systematic deficiencies inherent to a Capitalistic mode of production whereby wealth is attained by way of the exploitation of workers. And nobody is in a more worse position to be exploited than "illegal Immigrants." The government is well aware of this, but has no desire whatsoever to do anything about it, because actually they work for the interests of the corporations. Instead what the government will do is pit working class groups against each other to keep them from realizing their common economic interests and therefore unifying behind those shared interests.

The problem of "illegal immigration" is a reflection of the failures of the neoliberal policies put into place by successive neoliberal administrations: Reagan, Bush(the first), Clinton, Bush(the second) and soon to be Obama. In fact you can't make a serious run for the office of the President of the US unless you are a neoliberal.

But then why do you support unlimited illegal immigration which it seems you do from your posts? It seems you are supportive of the very greed and lust for easy quick profits by the bringing in of truck loads of cheap workers for the purpose of bringing wages way down.

Employers are being allowed to bypass Americans, our own inner city youths can be quickly skipped over when it comes to employment. I also suspect massive illegal immigration is being used to keep up a strong supply of military recruits because many of our youth doesn't have much choice left.

The real reason for unlimited cheap labor immigration is just that -- cheap labor. Those jobs that can't be exported will have low-wage laborers brought in and the quick-rich corporations benefit, the people do not.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 06:53 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,215,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by malamute View Post
But then why do you support unlimited illegal immigration which it seems you do from your posts? It seems you are supportive of the very greed and lust for easy quick profits by the bringing in of truck loads of cheap workers for the purpose of bringing wages way down.

Employers are being allowed to bypass Americans, our own inner city youths can be quickly skipped over when it comes to employment. I also suspect massive illegal immigration is being used to keep up a strong supply of military recruits because many of our youth doesn't have much choice left.

The real reason for unlimited cheap labor immigration is just that -- cheap labor. Those jobs that can't be exported will have low-wage laborers brought in and the quick-rich corporations benefit, the people do not.
That is spooky..........especially being that most of our recruits hail from rural areas------what better way to force 'em to enlist if local work is denied to them courtesy of illegals.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:13 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,349,722 times
I'm mostly angry at the illegals for their disgusting boldness in biting the hand that feeds them.

They come here illegally, we give them all sorts of benefits as well as jobs, and they march down the streets of America with Mexican flags screaming for their so-called "rights", and flipping us the bird.

Hey, if you hate us, go home. Forget about all the stuff I gave you - I want it back.

Old 07-23-2008, 08:59 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,602,400 times
My anger is not misdirected. I have enough anger to evenly disseminate between illegal aliens, the government (including Mexico), corporate elite, open borders lobbyists, and illegal immigration advocates.

As a legal law-abiding, taxpaying citizen of this country, I am entitled to my anger. I am entitled to resent my tax dollars being squandered on individuals illegally residing in this country. I am entitled to oppose the rampant crime, the circumvention of our laws, the arrogant sense of entitlement, lack of gratitude, the depression of wages, the destruction of neighborhoods, the replacement of legal workers, and the elimination of the prosperous middle-class America.

No, this is not a case of misdirection, displacement, or transference. I fully recognize the who, what, where, and how of this colossal mess; and I’m justifiably mad as hell.

Old 07-23-2008, 09:15 AM

1,862 posts, read 3,349,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
My anger is not misdirected. I have enough anger to evenly disseminate between illegal aliens, the government (including Mexico), corporate elite, open borders lobbyists, and illegal immigration advocates.

As a legal law-abiding, taxpaying citizen of this country, I am entitled to my anger. I am entitled to resent my tax dollars being squandered on individuals illegally residing in this country. I am entitled to oppose the rampant crime, the circumvention of our laws, the arrogant sense of entitlement, lack of gratitude, the depression of wages, the destruction of neighborhoods, the replacement of legal workers, and the elimination of the prosperous middle-class America.

No, this is not a case of misdirection, displacement, or transference. I fully recognize the who, what, where, and how of this colossal mess; and I’m justifiably mad as hell.
Excellent post!!

Old 07-23-2008, 09:33 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,215,729 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post

As you stated.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:18 AM

2 posts, read 2,307 times
Lightbulb The World Is Changing and We Want To Change Too

Lets face it, this a highly heated debate that I'm sure has been posted on many forums.

+ We Need Some Peace and Understanding +

#1 - U.S. Immigration Policies make us all hate each other, Babylon. This has been going on forever. They show they need for War, they blow things up. We have a sick machine running that's for sure. But don't put all Americans in that, many signed the "Not In Our Name" act and want nothing to do with the current administration. The other people, have financial ties to the republican party and they are the greedy Fascists ruining this country.

- How do illegal immigrants eat if they have no job?

#3 - Yes, SOME of them are very rude and disrespectful for no reasons to Americans. On top of that, other Mexicans or Latinos don't say anything to the other immigrants, anyway you look at it discrimination based on race is RACIST. There are rude people in every race and I've even been rude when I was not feeling well. So I use some compassion.

- If we want to help Mexico, let people make those choices for themselves, anything else is forcing someone to do something, that is not peace. There are plenty of filthy rich Americans that can help in that area.

- We must ALL be treated Equally in each Nation and all Nations should follow these examples. The we can treat each Nation as a whole and we can gain individuality.

# 6 - Here where I live, the county is so polluted since the surge of illegal immigrants. This is one of the most beautiful places in the world and they throw there trash out their car windows. I think if we enforce the littering laws in America, we would be rich from immigrants!

#7 - We are all working more and more, and they are working for less and less, so it makes all Americans pay go down and less jobs. So no matter what it is creating hate. I understand Mexicans are coming here because they are making $5 a day in the fields, but then they need to liberate themselves and take back control of their government too.

#8 - Freedom from All Mankind - Become less dependent on your governments for a few years, build your communities, grow your gardens, know the facts... Babylon is Burning, learned what positive synergy is, find your spirituality, keep your Faith in Jah, and focus on your inner-self... and the world will change around you.

My heart goes out to all the Mexicans from Mexico and all the other super poor people of the world. We must all work together to find an answer and we will. There at thousands of good organizations working for positive change.

PEACE INWARDS

Old 07-23-2008, 11:24 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,520,987 times
^^^^
Newsflash - Mexico does not have exclusive rights to the term immigration. This is not about Mexico and the people who flock into our country from SOB. This is about everyone from everywhere in the world who flout the laws of our country and circumvent the process we have in place to weed out undesireables.

Old 07-23-2008, 11:25 AM

20,186 posts, read 23,915,808 times
All4One... I have absolutely no idea what you are saying... it doesn't make sense at all to me... anyone else?

Old 07-23-2008, 11:29 AM

16,225 posts, read 27,520,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
All4One... I have absolutely no idea what you are saying... it doesn't make sense at all to me... anyone else?
Hey go easy on all4one - first post and all....I believe they may have mistakenly thought they were posting in the Mexico forum, and not the Immigration forum.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration