Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-23-2008, 03:06 PM

20,187 posts, read 23,858,535 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
dammmm i cant rep you!!! but yes this was and is a country of immigrants.
Can you tell me any industrialized country that isn't a country of immigrants? I don't even think all Germans are derived from the same people who were from "Germany" 10,000 years ago... I don't think most of the countries even had indigenous people there.... and to claim that America doesn't have a culture of its own?? B.S. Have you even traveled to other countries? Do you think America is different from them? The evidence is pretty obvious... even the people in the U.K. are different than the U.S. in terms of fashion, line of thinking, cooking, etc. etc.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-23-2008, 03:06 PM

595 posts, read 2,743,265 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
To say "they" (Muslims) are Arabic is at best an inaccurate statement. It appears you should read up a bit before making statements here.
Does that really matter? That is not my point. The whole point of me posting this is that Muslims (dosen't matter what race) are all moving to Europe and ruining Europe's native cultures. I have explained myself and I find it odd if this is not concerning you.

Old 07-23-2008, 03:11 PM

If Muslims are legally immigrating to Europe, I don't see a problem... Europe manages its own immigration policy... If Hispanics are legally immigrating to the U.S., I don't see a problem... Its the illegal immigration that frustrates me, I don't like cheaters, scammers, or line cutters... Culture isn't something that is static, it changes.. if you are referring to old cultures, that's what history books and museums are for... If Europe is changing from the legal immigration then so be it... If Americans become 99% Hispanic through legal immigration then so be it... It is the illegal immigration I am concerned about...

Old 07-23-2008, 03:12 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,435,268 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by illinoisboy View Post
Does that really matter? That is not my point. The whole point of me posting this is that Muslims (dosen't matter what race) are all moving to Europe and ruining Europe's native cultures. I have explained myself and I find it odd if this is not concerning you.
Your point then seems to me that you are looking to vilify a group of people based on their religion. I find that not only intolerable, I find it downright un-American.

If Europe's individual contries are concerned about the dilution of their individuality and identity, then they should deal with this situation individually. We have enough of our own 'housekeeping' to do for me to be worried about how many students in a Swedish school have blonde hair.

Old 07-23-2008, 03:22 PM

595 posts, read 2,743,265 times
DontH8Me:
Quote:
Your point then seems to me that you are looking to vilify a group of people based on their religion. I find that not only intolerable, I find it downright un-American.

If Europe's individual contries are concerned about the dilution of their individuality and identity, then they should deal with this situation individually. We have enough of our own 'housekeeping' to do for me to be worried about how many students in a Swedish school have blonde hair.
I am not trying to sound racist, or religonist, or whatever you wanna call it. I am just saying, that like the immigration problems we are having here in America, Europe is having the same thing happen to them.

Like I said I find it very sad. Again, I could care less if these people immigrated legally and followed all the local laws. Just as we think the same thing over here.

I have already said why this is so concerning to me, and I'm not going to say it again. Obviously you could care less about this issue.

Old 07-23-2008, 03:35 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Muslim is not a "race" -- it's a group of people who practice the religion of Islam. Is the issue of the OP race, or is it religion? The first link is a Stormfront video, so I imagine the issue is race.

Quote:
Who are the Muslims?
One billion people from a vast range of races, nationalities and cultures across the globe - from the southern Philippines to Nigeria - are united by their common Islamic faith. About 18% live in the Arab world; the world's largest Muslim community is in Indonesia; substantial parts of Asia and most of Africa are Muslim, while significant minorities are to be found in the Soviet Union, China, North and South America, and Europe

Understanding Islam and Muslims

Old 07-23-2008, 03:52 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,754,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilnewbie View Post
Can you tell me any industrialized country that isn't a country of immigrants? I don't even think all Germans are derived from the same people who were from "Germany" 10,000 years ago... I don't think most of the countries even had indigenous people there.... and to claim that America doesn't have a culture of its own?? B.S. Have you even traveled to other countries? Do you think America is different from them? The evidence is pretty obvious... even the people in the U.K. are different than the U.S. in terms of fashion, line of thinking, cooking, etc. etc.
The thing is, America has always been a country of immigrants. It has a history of British of culture, with lots of Dutch, German, Spanish, Mexican, French, African influence.
The only true American people are pretty much wiped out.

Yes every western country has lots of immigrants now, but thats what America was founded on.

Old 07-23-2008, 04:25 PM

27,214 posts, read 46,754,781 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
With all due respect, I feel I must make some clarifications to what you have stated.....

FYI - it is spelled Morocco, and French is widely spoken there as an unoffical second language. Have you been to Morocco? Where do you get these tidbits of info?

FWIW - the language you would hear spoken in Turkey is Turkish, not Arabic, and I wonder if you have ever been there either.

Based on the inaccuracies of the info you posted I doubt you have traveled to any of these countries but are possibly basing all of this on stories you've heard from other mis-informed folks.
Sorry, I wrote Marokko as it is written in Europe! So not the English way, is that so bad? ... No but 4 family members have been there. I have been in Tunesia and hated it so much and will never go to an Arabic country ever!

Old 07-23-2008, 04:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
The thing is, America has always been a country of immigrants. It has a history of British of culture, with lots of Dutch, German, Spanish, Mexican, French, African influence.
The only true American people are pretty much wiped out.

Yes every western country has lots of immigrants now, but thats what America was founded on.
I wouldn't confuse heritage with culture... Americans have started their own culture back when we declared independence from the British... Just as the Vietnamese have their own culture when they kicked out the French. You wouldn't say Vietnam is a country of immigrants even though it has a lot of French influence... This country stopped being a culture of immigrants after the first generation of people were born here hundreds of years ago and created their own culture. Sure immigrants come here but so does any other country in the world, I don't hear the U.K. being called a country of immigrants with influence from eastern european and russian... what culture doesn't have influence from another culture or the molding of many cultures... There is no "pure" culture, this country was founded by many cultures, but it created its own American culture... just like the Italy developed its own culture that is not reminiscent of the Roman Empire... American culture is to English culture as it is to Japanese culture... and English culture is to American culture as it is to Japanese culture...

Old 07-23-2008, 04:56 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by bentlebee View Post
They are not all immigrating but just driving over the borders which aren't looked at since Europe united so there are so many illegals, don't start to count because it is a never ending counting.

Freedom of speech isn't possible since it can cost you your life like Theo van Gogh who was stabbed to death in the middle of the day, while riding his bike in Amsterdam. He spoke out about women muslims who are not having the same rights as the man....

As a Jewish person you have to be careful or you get spit on and better don't show any star of david or other jewelry. The muslims have taken over already and no stopping anymore...In Spain there are more muslims than the original Spanish people and I have been in Frankfurt (Germany) and I thought I was in Marokko or in Turkey...no one spoke German I only heard Arabic. In The Netherlands when you go to th doctor the fliers are in Dutch, than Arabic, English, French and German.. If you go to Marokko nothing is in Dutch, German, English or what ever language other than Arabic.

The are demanding more and more and specially government handouts
Proof please.

If anything; the nation with the largest Jewish immigration levels is Germany of all places.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration