Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Celebrating Memorial Day!
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-13-2008, 11:19 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,762,779 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
That low-life, piece of crap drug dealer didn't get shot in the back, amc. You should check your facts before you talk smack.
I thought the backside counts as the back still?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-13-2008, 11:26 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,600,657 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
I thought the backside counts as the back still?
Stop thinking, you'll hurt yourself.

The bullet entered the mule's inner thigh, and I'm sorry to say it just missed his huevos..

Old 08-13-2008, 11:56 PM

15,080 posts, read 20,520,992 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Achury View Post
The border patrol should go to jail. He shot the person through the fence.

The person was no danger to him he did not have a gun. Rocks do not go through those fences.

I hope he is arrested and sits next to the other 2 border guards currently in prison.
Although the suspect was on the US side of the border, regarding your statement in isolation think about this: A rock can be thrown over a fence, hit, and injure (or kill) someone. Certainly you've heard of projectiles thrown over castle walls by catapults? Slings? Arrows? None of these weapons require a direct trajectory to inflict damage. Hell...ever get pegged by a flyball in a baseball game? Did it hurt? I thought so...

Quote:
He is not my cousin but he is a brother if he is Mexican .
I am not illegal born in Cali and we are growing in numbers through peace and ballot box we will take what is ours.

You are welcomed to live among us.
I liken that to someone stealing a Cadillac. It was nice and shiny when they got it but after a while they will wreck it.

Quote:
You must admit all Europeans and others are illegals . Mexicans and Indians we were here first.

If that is the case...

Quote:
and your children's children will be educated in Spanish so LEARN it.
Then, why would you advocate learning the language of the invader, i.e. Spain? The aboriginal people living here at the time didn't speak Spanish. Why would you want to speak the language of your conquerer - your master? Is it because you accept what is? Why aren't you advocating the language of the indigenous people?

Here is something else you should accept: The southwestern United States belongs to the United States and the people of the United States. They built the cities that dominate the region and are among the world centers of technology, industry, commerce, and entertainment. They built the interstate highway system through this area, and the rest of the US, that is the model that is emulated (or hoped to) by the rest of the world and is a paragon of a transportation network. Who built one of the busiest seaports in the world? Who built one of the busiest airports in the world? Where are some of the tallest skyscrapers in the world? It all was built by America, for Americans. We built it - it belongs to us...not Mexico.

Meanwhile...on the Mexican side of the border...meh...

It amazes me how much Mexicofans argue in favor of Mexico but are not doing for Mexico. If half the energy used talking about Mexico was actually used doing for Mexico, Mexico would rise out of its self-imposed funk.

And finally, the posts you write and the posts you read are in English. What does that tell you? Uh, yeah...

Old 08-14-2008, 01:19 AM

638 posts, read 1,851,302 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Why aren't you advocating the language of the indigenous people?
Cause' it's hard.

I can barely eek out a hello in Apache . . and they have to know what I'm saying before I attempt saying it to understand me.

That is one of the most valid points I've ever heard refuting that argument of Mexicans. They want to lay claim to being indigenous but not have a responsibility for the culture.

Off-topic. I have little interest in Mexican law, but this came across my desk once and maybe someone who actually knows can clear it up. If you are an indigenous in Mexico, but then leave the indigenous in Mexico, you are no longer considered indigenous in Mexico, by law. Is that true?

Old 08-14-2008, 07:13 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,212,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MIKEETC View Post
Although the suspect was on the US side of the border, regarding your statement in isolation think about this: A rock can be thrown over a fence, hit, and injure (or kill) someone. Certainly you've heard of projectiles thrown over castle walls by catapults? Slings? Arrows? None of these weapons require a direct trajectory to inflict damage. Hell...ever get pegged by a flyball in a baseball game? Did it hurt? I thought so...

I liken that to someone stealing a Cadillac. It was nice and shiny when they got it but after a while they will wreck it.

If that is the case...

Then, why would you advocate learning the language of the invader, i.e. Spain? The aboriginal people living here at the time didn't speak Spanish. Why would you want to speak the language of your conquerer - your master? Is it because you accept what is? Why aren't you advocating the language of the indigenous people?

Here is something else you should accept: The southwestern United States belongs to the United States and the people of the United States. They built the cities that dominate the region and are among the world centers of technology, industry, commerce, and entertainment. They built the interstate highway system through this area, and the rest of the US, that is the model that is emulated (or hoped to) by the rest of the world and is a paragon of a transportation network. Who built one of the busiest seaports in the world? Who built one of the busiest airports in the world? Where are some of the tallest skyscrapers in the world? It all was built by America, for Americans. We built it - it belongs to us...not Mexico.

Meanwhile...on the Mexican side of the border...meh...

It amazes me how much Mexicofans argue in favor of Mexico but are not doing for Mexico. If half the energy used talking about Mexico was actually used doing for Mexico, Mexico would rise out of its self-imposed funk.

And finally, the posts you write and the posts you read are in English. What does that tell you? Uh, yeah...
Because most Spanish speaking Hispanics bought into the White supremacy of Hispanic culture and made it their own. In fact: many New World Mestizos seem to almost 'cringe' when they are addressed in Castilian Spanish---------the patron/peon mentality is that strong.

Classic example: many illegal immigrant Latinos will kiss the hand that slaps them (White Spaniard) but bite the hand that feeds them (American).

Old 08-14-2008, 07:54 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,856,649 times
Quote:
I am old enough to post here think its 13 and over .

Does your mom know your close minded and afraid of change?

How about we throw rocks at illegals and see if there are as many people crawling out from under rocks claiming there's nothing wrong with being hit by a rock?

Old 08-14-2008, 08:01 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnrex62 View Post
Kele, Let me also add to your history lesson to Achury. My knowledge is principally Texas centric, so there could additional details appurtanant to the other territories I am unaware of.
Also most Mexicans don't have much knowledge of the history of their own country much less ours.

They have no idea of the politics of Mexico in those times. They never learned of the presidency/dictatorship of Santa Ana, they know nothing about the Federalists and Centralists of Mexico and the big split.

They don't realize that the Federalists and Centralists were doing battle, many Federalists were moving into Texas and they joined the Texans in the push for Independence.

Mexico ruled over the northern territories it inherited from Spain for less than 25 years. Mexico was a very ineptly run nation, undergoing a lot of turmoil and division. The sad thing is all these pro-Mexico types that show up on forums don't bother to study anything but the Aztlan myths.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:07 AM

Quote:
and your children's children will be educated in Spanish so LEARN it.
None of you people want to live in a Spanish speaking country, you do everything you can to leave those countries where you say people are having to leave because they're starving and so on.

So exactly why would we want to live in a Spanish speaking nation ruled by Mexicans? 40 million illegals can't be wrong -- English speaking USA is where everyone wants to be.

Not only that -- if the USA had taken all of Mexico instead of just the northern territories that Mexico couldn't rule, the whole place would look a whole lot better, people wouldn't be dying by the thousands trying to get out.

So learn some English, adapt to the American way of life or if you really believe your way is better, go on back to Mexico, prove your love for your country.

Old 08-14-2008, 08:48 AM

4,264 posts, read 9,298,926 times
Quote:
You must admit all Europeans and others are illegals . Mexicans and Indians we were here first.

That is history but again lots room for us all to live in Peace and shaire

You are actually only illegal if you do not have proper documentation. That pertains to Mexicans, Europeans and whomever choose to live in our country. If you have proper documentation you don't have an illegal status. If you choose to come on US soil illegally and attempt to assualt a Border Patrol agent then you will face possible reprecussions. Border Patrol agents don't get up in the mornings with the intent of causing bodily harm to anyone, however if they feel their life is threatened they have every right to defend themselves. I know for a fact how much of a toll it takes on these agents if they are forced to draw and use their weapon. This is not a decision that they make lightly. If the Mexican officials don't like this then make Mexico more appealing to their citizens. As the wife of a Border Patrol agent I would hope that one of his fellow agents would defend him against harm if necessary. This agent was defending himself and his fellow agents. There are ways to enter our country legally and if you choose not to use those avenues then you understand the risks. These illegals are in alot more danger from smugglers than they are from Border Patrol agents.

Old 08-14-2008, 05:28 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,762,779 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
Stop thinking, you'll hurt yourself.

The bullet entered the mule's inner thigh, and I'm sorry to say it just missed his huevos..
Wow, have to be insulting don't you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration