Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 04:12 AM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times

Advertisements

washingtonpost.com (broken link)

Quote:
Martinez, a single mother of a 3-year-old son and a teenage daughter, acknowledged buying the social security card for $110 at a Wal-Mart., according to police records. She also had a second social security card and two counterfeit cards stating she was a legal permanent resident.
Way to go Carrollton, one criminal we wont have to deal with in the US.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-01-2008, 07:23 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,145,796 times
Each 'pin prick' against the illegals tends to petrify several additional ones so the remainder are more likely to self deport.

Old 09-01-2008, 10:03 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,710,724 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
Way to go Carrollton, one criminal we wont have to deal with in the US.
WOW, Alanboy . . . not only ARROGANT and GUTSY as hell but downright STUPID! ! ! ! !

Old 09-01-2008, 10:27 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,569,444 times
Quote:
She did use a counterfeit social security on her application to Trinity Medical Center, but her relatives and supporters wonder whether the hospital overreacted by calling the police.
They just don't get it. This woman willfully used a fraudulent SSN to gain employment. Furthermore, she was well aware that her illegal status made her ineligible for employment in this country. Why is the concept of "illegal" so difficult for illegal aliens and their apologists to grasp?

I'm surprised the pro-illegal Wash Post even included the word illegal in the title. Ordinarily, they avoid using illegal; preferring rather to use the “undocumented" euphemism. Obviously, the tide is slowly turning.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:30 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,413,672 times
Quote:
CARROLLTON, Texas -- Maria Martinez' attempt to land a cafeteria job at a suburban Dallas hospital got her arrested, jailed and deported.
While I am thrilled that she was caught, imagine the numbers of unscreened illegals, that haven't been caught and are working in restaurants all over America. Several years ago, I gave up eating in restaurants after noticing the increased numbers of barely discernable to totally non-English speaking "foreigners" taking orders, preparing and serving food . The last two years has netted numerous cases of various sources of contamination, namely ecoli.

Quote:
Common sources of E.coli bacteria are undercooked meats, including beef, pork, poultry and lamb, untreated water, unpasteurized milk or fruit juices, and raw fruits or vegetables. E.coli bacteria can also be found in human feces – people who do not wash their hands after using the toilet can spread the bacteria to anything they touch.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:34 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,145,796 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
They just don't get it. This woman willfully used a fraudulent SSN to gain employment. Furthermore, she was well aware that her illegal status made her ineligible for employment in this country. Why is the concept of "illegal" so difficult for illegal aliens and their apologists to grasp?

I'm surprised the pro-illegal Wash Post even included the word illegal in the title. Ordinarily, they avoid using illegal; preferring rather to use the “undocumented" euphemism. Obviously, the tide is slowly turning.
The word 'undocumented' pertaining to illegals immigrants is becoming politically incorrect more and more.

Old 09-01-2008, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
While I am thrilled that she was caught, imagine the numbers of unscreened illegals, that haven't been caught and are working in restaurants all over America. Several years ago, I gave up eating in restaurants after noticing the increased numbers of barely discernable to totally non-English speaking "foreigners" taking orders, preparing and serving food . The last two years has netted numerous cases of various sources of contamination, namely ecoli.
Several months ago, I read an article involving a restaurant that was forced to conduct workshops on proper hygiene for employees. They issued DVD's for their employees to view due to the alarming number of employees who did not realize toilet paper should be discarded in the toilet, not the trash can. They also had to emphasize the importance of washing hands. This is foreign to many of our current "immigrants."

I stopped eating at a popular buffet in Alexandria, VA after witnessing an employee wiping the food back into the platters, rather than into a receptacle for disposal. When I complained to management, I was informed that said employee had several years of experience. WTH?!

Old 09-01-2008, 11:50 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,413,672 times
Quote:
Several months ago, I read an article involving a restaurant that was forced to conduct workshops on proper hygiene for employees. They issued DVD's for their employees to view due to the alarming number of employees who did not realize toilet paper should be discarded in the toilet, not the trash can. They also had to emphasize the importance of washing hands. This is foreign to many of our current "immigrants."

I stopped eating at a popular buffet in Alexandria, VA after witnessing an employee wiping the food back into the platters, rather than into a receptacle for disposal. When I complained to management, I was informed that said employee had several years of experience. WTH?!
Eww . . . that is so disgusting. I have also read articles that mention that the fields double as restrooms for those hard working "immigrants" who prefer not to use porta potties. That is why I stopped eating out and am very selective in terms of where I grocery shop. The fact that they feel that hand washing and bathroom breaks in the fields are optional, pretty much says it all.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:20 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,758,476 times
Quote:

A story like that is why i'm extremely reluctant to try all these resturants here. I know some of these chain resturants are even worse, especially McDonald's.

Old 09-01-2008, 01:29 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
A story like that is why i'm extremely reluctant to try all these resturants here. I know some of these chain resturants are even worse, especially McDonald's.
The restaurant in question is very close to the Beltway in Alexandria. If you want the name, send me a message. I'm sure you have been there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration