Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-11-2008, 04:39 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,761,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
Interesting choice of words, especially considering you phrased that comment to mirror one that was made by anther poster who has countless times indicated her race as black.

I think I've had enough of this. I hope the mods do something about this blatant racial attack.

Here is a link to educate you in case you "didn't know" and it was an "honest mistake"

The Coon Caricature
Get out of here!

He made a good point, and all you guys can do is stress one word he used, and flip it to use the race card?

Give me a freakin break.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-11-2008, 04:42 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,430,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Get out of here!

He made a good point, and all you guys can do is stress one word he used, and flip it to use the race card?

Give me a freakin break.
Isn't that what both of you perpetually do with everything that I post simply because the source of the majority of the criminal activity is perpetrated by illegal aliens from Mexico? Not to worry we'll let Synopsis decide.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:42 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,347,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
theyre job is too aprehend people. if it is impossible then its impossible. to what extent can use of force be used on some one who poses no threat to you.

is it ok that they shot someone as they ran away?

i dont condone the behaviour of the smuggler. but what threat did he pose?

whenever a peace officer discharges their gun, it must be reported. when they pull their batton it must be reported (which is incidentally why its common practice to use fists and elbows. you dont have to include that in a report).

these guys should have covered there buttocks.

they didnt. they shot some thug. the thug lived to tell. and now they are suffering the consequnces.

the law figured out what to do. you guys just dont agree with it.

no problem here.

considering the main source of articles...I didnt expect anything of substance either.

Some people are like coons in the night, you can't see them and thus it's better to pretend you can't hear them rattling the garbage cans.
They shoulda dug a hole.. then shot'em... one less illegal lowlife to house at tax payers expense!

Old 09-11-2008, 04:43 PM

16,225 posts, read 27,506,620 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
ok possums?

i dont follow what posters are here. the only one that i know for sure is benicar because SHE has communicated that to me. for all i know JDM could be white. or you could be white. or black. or whatever. i aint checking for her. i dont hang on every word she says. i try to ignore her in fact.

but if it makes everyone feel better i will change it to possums.

i got plenty of those around here.

and i apologize in advance if i have offended anyone who has been compared to a possum. or has possum relatives.
First you insult, then you patronize. Well, be sure to say hi to sassy and amc when you join them on my ignore list

Be blessed.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:43 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,685,912 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Sure you don't, I've only stated it about 10 times. Just ask your buddy AMC.
i aint checkin for you homegirl. and the only way i know you are female is because it says so in your screen name.

otherwise i aint worried about that.

if i had you face to face, then of course i wouldnt use those words as i understand that they have historical racial connotations. i wouldnt try to offend you. thats not good debate.

since we are for the most part anonymous, then trust that it is not meant with malicious intent.

ive erroneously assumed people were white or male. ive been corrected before and now i stand corrected.

thus, my analogy now deals with possums and not coons.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:46 PM

Quote:
Isn't that what both of you perpetually do with everything that I post simply because the source of the majority of the criminal activity is perpetrated by illegal aliens from Mexico? Not to worry we'll let Synopsis decide.
Stop playing the victim, you know what you do.

Old 09-11-2008, 04:53 PM

1,304 posts, read 3,347,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DontH8Me View Post
First you insult, then you patronize. Well, be sure to say hi to sassy and amc when you join them on my ignore list

Be blessed.
Don't let them bother you.. the only reason for anyone to love an illegal...
is so in the hopes of getting the rest of thier relatives over here!

Old 09-11-2008, 04:53 PM

3,923 posts, read 3,655,650 times
In all fairness to The one, I myself did not know JDubsMom was black and I have commented on a lot of her threads. Also in fairness I cannot say weather or not the coon comment was meant to be racially charged. I can say I get the analogy and it works with raccoons or possums. I think the one should just try and be a little more careful with his/her posts. Things are easily misconstrued on the forum sometimes, especially when it seems the poster has past links to racial remarks. On the other hand, had the one simply used the proper form of the word coon, which would be raccoon I don't think there would have been the slightest problem. So while I can't speak for this poster I am willing to give the benefit of the doubt that it was simply an analogy and nothing more. So don't make me a liar later on down the road the one, I sort of went to bat for you here. And for anyone who was offended by that comment, don't let it get to you to much. Just keep in mind that it very well may have been an honest mistake and not meant to have racial undertones. Just a bad choice of words.

PS Using words like homegirl is not helping my case here!

Last edited by Reads2MUCH; 09-11-2008 at 05:25 PM..

Old 09-11-2008, 04:58 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,430,237 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Stop playing the victim, you know what you do.
I never play the victim. I wouldn't dream of taking your job. Besides you're so good at it.

As for what I do? I provide valuable information that pertains to this illegal alien invasion to my fellow Americans. Just ask them, I guarantee you the odds are they will concur.

Old 09-11-2008, 05:08 PM

Quote:
I never play the victim. I wouldn't dream of taking your job. Besides you're so good at it.

As for what I do? I provide valuable information that pertains to this illegal alien invasion to my fellow Americans. Just ask them, I guarantee you the odds are they will concur.
Valuable information? LOL. Take yourself a little too seriously, dont you?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration