Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-12-2008, 01:41 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,585,323 times

Advertisements

It's pretty obvious to ME that these two BP agents ONLY shot the guy because he was a Hispanic. Grrrrrrr !!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-12-2008, 01:51 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,763,293 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
It's pretty obvious to ME that these two BP agents ONLY shot the guy because he was a Hispanic. Grrrrrrr !!!
And its pretty obvious to me that people are only defending this because the guy shot was an illegal! arrrr!

Stupid ethnic people.(sigh). Its perfectly okay to shoot a person who was trying to smuggle pot while he's running away, and make an attempt to cover it up.(sigh).

Maybe he was running back to get the Mexican army to back him up! The two guys were in danger! They had to put him down.

In fact, the guys were saints! They had just had their lives threatened, but they didn't think about themselves...they thought about the poor guy who would be stuck doing paperwork if they had reported the incident!

These guys are swell. The paperwork guy got to go home early, kids will only be smoking pot purchased legally with medical cards, or grown in AMERICA. We should be building statues for these guys! GOD BLESS THEM.
(sigh.)

Obviously, this is some sort of conspiracy where these two saints get crucified to appease the illegals and multicultural liberals running this country.
Sigh..if only people weren't so dumb, and could process thoughts like me.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:43 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,099,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Yep as soon as we get some politicians in office with cohunas America should declare a civil war against the invaders SOB. That would solve a lot of the problems presented by our illegal alien step children.
yeah, that's what we need is another war, we cannot even get our troops home now!

Old 09-13-2008, 10:45 AM

1,818 posts, read 3,099,616 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bianca.G View Post
They got off to easy and hope ALL the border guards are warned by the goverment of what will happen if they play "John Wayne" .

It will not be tolerated and they will be dealt with.
I totally agree.

Old 09-13-2008, 11:01 AM

3,091 posts, read 3,976,615 times
If Obama is elected, I believe, because of his comments against ICE, he will do away with immigration enforcement. He voted against the immigration reform act authored by Ted Kennedy and McCain which was a start toward immigrants becoming citizens. Then millions more will come over, and we'll be taxed heavily to pay for them.

Old 09-13-2008, 01:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Border agents who shot smuggler denied appeal

EL PASO, Texas (AP) -- Two former Border Patrol agents convicted of shooting a drug smuggler and trying to cover it up have been denied a request for a new hearing.

The 5th U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in New Orleans denied the request by Ignacio Ramos and Jose Alonso Compean on Wednesday. The same court upheld the men's convictions in July.

No reason was given for the Wednesday's denial.

Ramos and Compean are each serving sentences of more than 10 years for shooting Osvaldo Aldrete Davila in the buttocks while he was fleeing from an abandoned marijuana load in 2005.

Aldrete was sentenced to 9 1/2 years in prison for his role in two seperate smuggling efforts later that same year.

http://tinyurl.com/43tr9p

Un freakin' believable. This is an outrage.

Honestly, I think they should get a new hearing, if they feel they have something to go on. I dont know how in depth the investigation was, but from what I hear, it sounds like they screwed up big time. The worst part is that they didnt report it.
The smuggler lived to tell the tale, and thats what got them.

Old 09-13-2008, 02:07 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,601,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Honestly, I think they should get a new hearing, if they feel they have something to go on. I dont know how in depth the investigation was, but from what I hear, it sounds like they screwed up big time. The worst part is that they didnt report it.
The smuggler lived to tell the tale, and thats what got them.
They weren't REQUIRED to make a written report, the USBP SOP actually tells them NOT to make one.

There were also a number of supervisory personnel ON SCENE to whom they made a VERBAL report. These supervisory personnel were there while Ramos and Compean policed the area AFTER the shooting, these supervisory personnel KNEW they picked up their shell casings, these supervisory personnel were FULLY INFORMED of the events of that day.

The bottom line is that Johnny Sutton did what the Bush White House wanted him to do, RAILROAD a couple of agents in order to make ALL the OTHER agents leery of doing their job.

Old 09-13-2008, 02:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GuyPinestra View Post
They weren't REQUIRED to make a written report, the USBP SOP actually tells them NOT to make one.

There were also a number of supervisory personnel ON SCENE to whom they made a VERBAL report. These supervisory personnel were there while Ramos and Compean policed the area AFTER the shooting, these supervisory personnel KNEW they picked up their shell casings, these supervisory personnel were FULLY INFORMED of the events of that day.

The bottom line is that Johnny Sutton did what the Bush White House wanted him to do, RAILROAD a couple of agents in order to make ALL the OTHER agents leery of doing their job.

I didnt know BP was that different from other law enforcement, where they dont have to make a report on firing their weapon.I didnt know a "verbal report" sufficed.

Old 09-13-2008, 02:53 PM

2,065 posts, read 3,601,159 times
Quote:
I didnt know BP was that different from other law enforcement, where they dont have to make a report on firing their weapon.I didnt know a "verbal report" sufficed.
I didn't either until I did some research about it. There are plenty of sources out there that can give you the story the Bush White House doesn't want you to know...

Old 09-13-2008, 02:59 PM

164 posts, read 260,602 times
Quote:

They broke the law and got off to easy.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration