Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-23-2008, 06:39 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,138,196 times

Advertisements

Quote:
SCOTTSDALE -- For Todd and Gia Rooker, life was picture perfect in their Scottsdale home, but they wanted more.

"You grow up hearing about the U.S. being the land of the free."
KTVK TV3 Phoenix (http://www.azfamily.com/news/specialreports/immigration/stories/scottsdale-local-news-091608-canada-flag.832c9059.html - broken link)

Well: I blame the pro illegal crowd for besmirching any person who looks 'Latino' (Hispanic or not) due to their demands for amnesty. This woman is from Canada with her family being of Italian heritage.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-23-2008, 06:57 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,564,938 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Well: I blame the pro illegal crowd for besmirching any person who looks 'Latino' (Hispanic or not) due to their demands for amnesty. This woman is from Canada with her family being of Italian heritage.
I concur. Janet Murguia and her La Raza minions are responsible for this. Sadly, they don't care. As long as it supports their illegal alien agenda, this will continue.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:45 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
Quote:
KTVK TV3 Phoenix (http://www.azfamily.com/news/specialreports/immigration/stories/scottsdale-local-news-091608-canada-flag.832c9059.html - broken link)

what????

this is racial profiling. kinda like DWB. driving while black. or brown.

the fault should not fall on the victim here. it is on the idiot cops who go around wasting peoples time. pulling people over because they look a certain way. without probable cause!!!

all the other brown folk here better watch out. you might be next.

i personally am used to it. and i make sure to keep my hands where there eyes can see.

dont need to be a casualty of the po po.

Old 09-23-2008, 08:48 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,666,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I concur. Janet Murguia and her La Raza minions are responsible for this. Sadly, they don't care. As long as it supports their illegal alien agenda, this will continue.
so a third party is at fault. and not some prejudiced cop who pulled a lady over for no reason?

so the next time i get pulled over for no reason i will make sure to blame jesse jackson and anyone advocating for my/kids rights.

ya, blame the other person and not the one with the actual power here.

its all a power game:

Old 09-23-2008, 08:55 PM

1,818 posts, read 3,094,122 times
Quote:

Well, I think the officer was at fault, he should have asked for her drivers license, he most likely was an eager beaver.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:09 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,754,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
what????

this is racial profiling. kinda like DWB. driving while black. or brown.

the fault should not fall on the victim here. it is on the idiot cops who go around wasting peoples time. pulling people over because they look a certain way. without probable cause!!!

all the other brown folk here better watch out. you might be next.

i personally am used to it. and i make sure to keep my hands where there eyes can see.

dont need to be a casualty of the po po.
Careful.

According to these people, Black folks are the only people who have truly faced discrimination in this country.
Well, Latinos have faced some too, but they mostly brought it upon themselves.

And don't bring up discrimination or profiling of Latinos without someone popping up to say its not possible since Latinos can be of any race. Or on how Irish and Italians have it just as bad as Latinos. Or something about "dark skinned anglos".

Old 09-23-2008, 09:11 PM

Did any of you even read the 'Comments' section at the bottom of the article------------methinks I smell a rat in that said 'victim' may not be telling the whole story.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
Careful.

According to these people, Black folks are the only people who have truly faced discrimination in this country.
Well, Latinos have faced some too, but they mostly brought it upon themselves.

And don't bring up discrimination or profiling of Latinos without someone popping up to say its not possible since Latinos can be of any race. Or on how Irish and Italians have it just as bad as Latinos. Or something about "dark skinned anglos".
You posted 'my' reply.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:20 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,754,031 times
Quote:
You posted 'my' reply.

haha, I was a step ahead of you on that one.

Im in your head, AZ.

Old 09-23-2008, 09:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post
haha, I was a step ahead of you on that one.

Im in your head, AZ.
Yes you are: you saved me the effort in replying to your post
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration