Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 12:41 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,429,308 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
Dear Sheriff Joe . .

I don't like you, but that aside, there is reason to believe Barack Hussein Obama is an illegal alien, and should he be in your jurisdiction, please arrest him. Thanks.

R
Just curious, is there a reason other than evoking fear that his middle name is used? Hussein is simply a name like any other.

I find it ironic that the majority of people who use this tactic to instill fear never use John McCain's middle name. Most probably don't even know it. The fact that this is happening, simply serves to evoke memories of the days of the civil rights movement. It's funny (but sad) that some things in this country never change.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 10-20-2008 at 01:06 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 12:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
I have to agree.

See, unlike most folks on this forum, I am not emotionally invested in either candidate. I detest them both equally and will not vote for either.

I have questions about Obama--after all it likely he will end up in the White House. If this situation had been solved to the judge's satisfaction, the lawsuits against Obama would have already been dismissed. Since that is not the case, there is obviously more to this than meets the eye.

I'm withholding judgement at this point, but I would like to see the documentation produced that the judge is asking for rather than stalling techiques from Obama and the DNC.
I, like you am not emotionally or racially invested in either candidate. I just see a lot of obviously race based insults, assessments and assumptions that as a black person, I can't help but be offended by. I am also amazed at so much anger and vicious behavior associated with a candidate based on his race, while Bush, Cheney, their friends and family are, as we speak reaping the financial rewards of their desecration of our financial markets, our sovereignty and perhaps the very survival of this nation. Yet, no one seems to be concerned with the fact that at the end of their term they will all walk away as extremely wealthy criminals, unscathed and unchallenged. Where is all the well deserved anger and outrage of the lynch mobs in this respect?

If it is found that Obama is NOT a citizen, let the chips fall where they may. If it is merely found to be used as a racially divisive tactic, then IMHO it will only serve to confirm that until what remains of the older generation of racists and segregationist in this country die off, America will remain paralyzed in racial polarization and segregation.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 10-20-2008 at 01:16 PM..

Old 10-20-2008, 01:19 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,763,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
I, like you am not emotionally or racially invested in either candidate. I just see a lot of obviously race based insults, assessments and assumptions that as a black person, I can't help but be offended by. I am also amazed at so much anger and vicious behavior associated with a candidate based on his race, while Bush, Cheney, their friends and family are, as we speak reaping the financial rewards of their desecration of our financial markets, our sovereignty and perhaps the very survival of this nation. Yet, no one seems to be concerned with the fact that at the end of their term they will all walk away scott free. Where is all the well deserved anger and outrage of the lynch mobs in this respect?

If it is found that Obama is NOT a citizen, let the chips fall where they may. If it is merely found to be used as a racially divisive tactic, then IMHO it will only serve to confirm that until what remains of the older generation of racists and segregationist in this country die off, America will remained paralyzed in racial segregation and polarization.
Indeed.

I really wanted to like Obama. Hell, I wanted to like Hillary. Unfortunately, there are too many polarizations within our basic ideologies for that to be feasible.

But the last thing that would ever motivate my lack of support for any candidate is race. Personally, I'm offended by the concept of race itself.

All modern humans share a common ancestor who lived in Africa 150,000 to 200,000 years ago. Humans, on average, differ from each other by an average of 8 genetic mutations. Eight. That's all.

I'll never understand why people cannot conceive of the fact that we are much more alike than we are different.

It's in our genes!

Old 10-20-2008, 01:19 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,211,637 times
Good Lord.

Are any of you, really, daft enough to believe that a guy can spend all those years as a legislator, and then 2 years in the Senate, and be approved by the powers that be to run for Dem nominee and presidency, and not have ever had a single background check run on him?

Partisanship aside, the bar for discussion seems to be phenomenally low.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:21 PM

638 posts, read 1,850,929 times
Quote:
. . Does it question his support in terms of the sovereignty of the US? Absolutely.
Absolutely. Yet another refute that illegal aliens are not a matter of national security.

As for your other argument "singling out", there is a Constitutional issue in regards to occupying the White House that brings this pimple to pop, where there might not be for other political offices to bring someone into the target hairs. This has more to do with "we need to know this" vs. partisan politics, and by the way, the attorney filing the suit is a Democrat. I personally appreciate it . . because there are unanswered questions about Obama that are difficult to ask, and this is swimming in the language of law.

You're entitled to your opinion about what think a candidate may or may not do, and that's politics, which I'm not discussing. I recommend reading the case, because it asks the questions the media and Democratic Party are failing to, or refuse to.

"It's not that the questions are unanswered, it's that they were never asked."

Any illegal alien in this country, whether they hold a political office or not, should be arrested, and then promptly deported.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:23 PM

4,803 posts, read 8,763,243 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
Good Lord.

Are any of you, really, daft enough to believe that a guy can spend all those years as a legislator, and then 2 years in the Senate, and be approved by the powers that be to run for Dem nominee and presidency, and not have ever had a single background check run on him?

Partisanship aside, the bar for discussion seems to be phenomenally low.
Are you aware of the fact that none of those particular positions require that a person be a native born American citizen? The Presidency requires native born citizenship.

Yet, as we all know, crap happens and certain things may never have been questioned before now.

If a federal judge still has a problem with the documentation, take it up with him. Until he decides to dismiss or further pursue the case, we have every right to ponder the man behind the curtain. If you feel the discussion to be that far below your obviously superior intellect, don't participate.

Problem solved.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kele View Post
Indeed.

I really wanted to like Obama. Hell, I wanted to like Hillary. Unfortunately, there are too many polarizations within our basic ideologies for that to be feasible.

But the last thing that would ever motivate my lack of support for any candidate is race. Personally, I'm offended by the concept of race itself.

All modern humans share a common ancestor who lived in Africa 150,000 to 200,000 years ago. Humans, on average, differ from each other by an average of 8 genetic mutations. Eight. That's all.

I'll never understand why people cannot conceive of the fact that we are much more alike than we are different.

It's in our genes!
Agreed.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:34 PM

3,282 posts, read 5,211,637 times
People, look at your source. Obamacrimes? How incredibly non-biased...If you want his official birth certificate, it's posted on his website. Don't be surprised that, while running a presidential campaign, the guy's organization doesn't feel the need to waste time treading through bureacracy responding to every single idiot that wants 15 seconds of fame.

Remember the guy who decided to sue God just to prove how easy it is to get a completely nonsensical case tied up in court? He could not have been more on point.

Wake me up when an actual legitimate gov't body smells someting fishy and an actual legitimate media source reports it.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:42 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,596,634 times
If in fact Obama’s mother was a U.S. citizen, wouldn’t that also qualify him? This presidential campaign is sadly a very divisive issue, as evidenced by the posts on this thread. I can’t recall a more venomous campaign. Until irrefutable evidence is presented, I will continue to believe he is a U.S. citizen. Divided, we will accomplish nothing.

Old 10-20-2008, 01:45 PM

638 posts, read 1,850,929 times
Quote:
. . Yet, no one seems to be concerned with the fact that at the end of their term they will all walk away as extremely wealthy criminals, unscathed and unchallenged. Where is all the well deserved anger and outrage of the lynch mobs in this respect?
No one?

Bush Impeachment
Congressman Dennis Kucinich
Cheney Impeachment
Congressman Dennis Kucinich

Movement to impeach George W. Bush - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Impeachment of Dick Cheney - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

I can't speak for anybody else, but I've screamed pretty loud for the arrest of the occupants of the White House.

When Nancy Pelosi (Democrat) said "impeachment is off the table" in regards to Bush and Cheney, in effect, she destroyed the checks and balances of this country's government which prevents the autrocities of power that this country fought its independence from. We spent $100 million on Clinton's blowjob gate to impeach him, so I agree . . too few would lift a finger with regards to the corruption of our government and bring these charges against Bush, et.al., that would lead to their prison sentences. What is obvious then? They are all corrupt. They all have their hand in the cookie jar, Democrats and Republicans. And the media at large is the propaganda arm of the government.

This is why we have this problem with illegal aliens.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration