Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 01:51 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,425,426 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hoarfrost View Post
Good Lord.

Are any of you, really, daft enough to believe that a guy can spend all those years as a legislator, and then 2 years in the Senate, and be approved by the powers that be to run for Dem nominee and presidency, and not have ever had a single background check run on him?

Partisanship aside, the bar for discussion seems to be phenomenally low.

Thank you for your confirmation of what under any other circumstances (other than racially divisive, political motivation) would have been dismissed as totally absurd. Rep points coming your way
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-20-2008, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
If in fact Obama’s mother was a U.S. citizen, wouldn’t that also qualify him? This presidential campaign is sadly a very divisive issue, as evidenced by the posts on this thread. I can’t recall a more venomous campaign. Until irrefutable evidence is presented, I will continue to believe he is a U.S. citizen. Divided, we will accomplish nothing.

You would think his mothers' citizenship would be enough for even the most desperate of fools who continue to push the envelope on this issue. It only serves to verify how far we as a nation have to go.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:04 PM

638 posts, read 1,850,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Just curious, is there a reason other than evoking fear that his middle name is used? Hussein is simply a name like any other.
Barack Hussein Obama is his name. It's like saying George W. Bush.

I'm not politically correct, so don't make accusations please. I'm pretty straight forward when I want to evoke something. But you made me look . . so let's see, "simply a name like any other".

Hussein - meaning of Hussein name
The boy's name Hussein \hu(s)-sein\ is pronounced hoo-SAYN. It is of Arabic origin, and its meaning is "good; small handsome one". The name of a prominent person in Shiite Islam and a royal name in Jordan.
Hussein has 4 variant forms: Husain, Husayn, Husein and Hussain.
Baby names that sound like Hussein are Hassain and Hassan.

Interesting. I too have a royal name, but that's not what this conversation is about.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
Barack Hussein Obama is his name. It's like saying George W. Bush.

I'm not politically correct, so don't make accusations please. I'm pretty straight forward when I want to evoke something. But you made me look . . so let's see, "simply a name like any other".

Hussein - meaning of Hussein name
The boy's name Hussein \hu(s)-sein\ is pronounced hoo-SAYN. It is of Arabic origin, and its meaning is "good; small handsome one". The name of a prominent person in Shiite Islam and a royal name in Jordan.
Hussein has 4 variant forms: Husain, Husayn, Husein and Hussain.
Baby names that sound like Hussein are Hassain and Hassan.

Interesting. I too have a royal name, but that's not what this conversation is about.
The problem is that W is Bush's middle initial, not his middle name. John's middle name (for those who aren't aware) is Sydney. Since he is running against John SYDNEY McCain, it has nothing to do with whether or not using Obama's middle name is a matter of him using it or even his middle initial. You know that my point is that the use of his middle name is nothing less than a deliberate intent to invoke images of terrorists/terrorism to invoke fear and link him to Saddam Hussein or any person of middle east descent because so many in this country ignorantly assume that all muslims or people of middle eastern descent are terrorist. We also both realize that there are people in this country who are still pis-sed off about the civil war.

Remember the crazy looking wild haired old woman who stood up at the McCain rally and stated that she didn't trust Obama because he was an Arab?

Surely you have to admit that her misconception is the result of those who have deliberately used race baiting and scare tactics to win the election. I'm not politically correct and you know that. For the record, this has nothing to do with whether you are politically correct or not and we both know it.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 10-20-2008 at 02:29 PM..

Old 10-20-2008, 02:31 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,186,285 times
And the irony is that anybody 'accusing' Obama of being Arabic is insinuating that he is a White man---------Arabs are counted as 'Anglo' here in Arizona.

Old 10-20-2008, 02:42 PM

638 posts, read 1,850,464 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
You would think his mothers' citizenship would be enough for even the most desperate of fools who continue to push the envelope on this issue. It only serves to verify how far we as a nation have to go.
It's not that simple. There's some language of law here that disqualifies Barack Hussein Obama as a Presidential candidate.

By calling me (or the attorney) "desperate fool", I'm under the impression you're pro-Obama, and that's okay, we're all entitled to our opinions and who we vote for. But y'know, Obama completely disqualified all his opponents in a political race on technicalities, thus running unopposed, and it's just interesting regarding a technicality, that he might not be Constitutionally qualified to run for President, and may even be an illegal alien, that . . pro-Obama folks dismiss it with smears.

I do care if Obama is an illegal alien.

It's a bit to read though, but I recommend reading the case. If there wasn't any truth to it, the political machine of Obama is heavily financed and ruthless - they would've filed a counter suit. There is none. That is a statement unto itself.

And to the other person attempting to dismiss it by referencing factcheck org, that organization is an Obama supporter. The birth certificate(s) posted on Obama's website have been proven time and again to be fraudulent documents.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post
It's not that simple. There's some language of law here that disqualifies Barack Hussein Obama as a Presidential candidate.

By calling me (or the attorney) "desperate fool", I'm under the impression you're pro-Obama, and that's okay, we're all entitled to our opinions and who we vote for. But y'know, Obama completely disqualified all his opponents in a political race on technicalities, thus running unopposed, and it's just interesting regarding a technicality, that he might not be Constitutionally qualified to run for President, and may even be an illegal alien, that . . pro-Obama folks dismiss it with smears.

I do care if Obama is an illegal alien.

It's a bit to read though, but I recommend reading the case. If there wasn't any truth to it, the political machine of Obama is heavily financed and ruthless - they would've filed a counter suit. There is none. That is a statement unto itself.

And to the other person attempting to dismiss it by referencing factcheck org, that organization is an Obama supporter. The birth certificate(s) posted on Obama's website have been proven time and again to be fraudulent documents.
If his mother is an American citizen, of course it's that simple. If two illegal aliens can create an American citizen courtesy of deliberate abuse of the 14th Amendment, surely you just. As for the language of the law, as a legal assistant of more than 25 years, I am pretty adepth at comprehending the language of the law and after reading the brief that was filed, I have concluded that said attorneys have yet to present concrete evidence of their claim, thus the court's needing time to further review the documentation presented as evidence and granting the appeal to proceed.

For the record, I did not call you a desperate fool, please don't twist my words to suit your needs. As for which candidate I support, you are entitled to suspect whatever you'd like, just as I am free to vote for whomever I'd like. Whether it's ok with you or not doesn't concern me, since I don't need your approval or anyone else's for that matter to do so.

As I stated in my previous post which you conveniently ignored, he's served a term in congress and is a sitting senator. Because he hails from the political cesspools of Chicago, if there was any discrepancy with regard to his citizenship ,as a native Chicagoan, I have not doubt, it would have been discovered and exposed long ago.

In light of the fact that this discussion is going around in circles with you evading more than a couple of my poignant questions and points of discussion, I'll be the one to step up to the plate of valor and end this pointless discussion by agreeing to disagree.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 10-20-2008 at 03:34 PM..

Old 10-20-2008, 03:33 PM

9,603 posts, read 31,751,418 times
No intention of getting in the middle of this one, but . . .

As I understand the law, a child born outside The United States (including possessions, etc) to an American Citizen UNDER the age of 18 does not automatically qualify as a U.S. Citizen. There are a few exceptions such as Military Service, etc.

Old 10-20-2008, 03:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
No intention of getting in the middle of this one, but . . .

As I understand the law, a child born outside The United States (including possessions, etc) to an American Citizen UNDER the age of 18 does not automatically qualify as a U.S. Citizen. There are a few exceptions such as Military Service, etc.
Sorry but that is incorrect. Depending on the laws of the country in which that child was born to an AMERICAN parent, at the most he/she would hold dual citizenship.

No offense, but this is getting old. I prefer to see what the courts have to say and hopefully at that time this issue will be firmly and unequivocably resolved.

Last edited by JDubsMom; 10-20-2008 at 03:45 PM..

Old 10-20-2008, 04:04 PM

616 posts, read 3,007,972 times
As long as his mother's citizenship has been confirmed, then his citizenship is a moot point.

If so, why the stall tactics? Why not put the issue to bed and produce a valid birth certificate? Make all candidates produce one.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration