Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-24-2008, 06:15 PM

50,276 posts, read 47,032,885 times

Advertisements

Ya a jail sentence for doing your job would be a kick in the gnards for sure.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-24-2008, 06:27 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,968,122 times
Mexican drug cartels are a major burden on both sides of the border. It is because of them that Mexico is widely considered the kidnapping capital of the world. Movies like "Man On Fire" are an accurate portrayal of life in Mexico.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:11 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
There were no known injuries in the latest incident, which occurred Wednesday evening when Border Patrol agents responded to a group making an illegal crossing in the area near Riverside High School in the Lower Valley, Border Patrol spokes man Doug Mosier said.

Agents chased an alleged smuggler who crossed back into Mexico, where he was joined by another person and they began throwing rocks at the agents, Mosier said.

"The smuggler took position behind a small tree, pointed a handgun and yelled he was going to kill them (the agents)," Mosier said.

http://www.elpasotimes.com/ci_10800250
I don't think it's so much about security being tightened, I see little evidence of that but I believe the violence is due to the breakdown of law and order in Mexico at least the border states. There's a blood bath going on in Juarez, and as the middle class flees over to El Paso, shutting down businesses, stores, restaurants and so on, it's creating a vacuum. The very people who can build that society, stabilize it are packed up and headed out.

They've got a critical shortage of police -- they just fired 300 and are hiring but no one wants a job that has so much danger associated with it. People are now being killed in broad daylight, decapitations are done on victims. It's something that not many of us would have imagined.

Old 10-24-2008, 11:34 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Ya a jail sentence for doing your job would be a kick in the gnards for sure.
I'm glad the law is as tough on cops as it is on us.
We dont need to become a police state.

A lot of you guys seem to be for letting the authorities having free reign. I've seen that, and its not a pretty thing.

Old 10-25-2008, 07:23 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,131,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by amc760 View Post

A lot of you guys seem to be for letting the authorities having free reign. I've seen that, and its not a pretty thing.
And where is your anger against the Mexican government for their failure to pay 'Gringo' wages to their Federales, judges, etc.? Maybe there would be much less corruption SOB if the elite grew up instead of throwing temper tantrums when they get 'called out' by the USA for acting like the losers that they are.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:31 AM

13,387 posts, read 19,428,052 times
Quote:

No..it's not a pretty thing.. I've seen it myself. In fact,(one example) my Father-in-law is the Lt. Colonel who was given the authority to lead the National Guard into the 1965 Watts Riots in Watts, CA.

Old 10-25-2008, 08:37 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,692,979 times
Quote:

And Mexicans seem to be for letting the narco-cartels have free reign. That REALLY isn't a pretty thing. Some of the border towns seem to be a total free-for-all now when it comes to assassinations and bank robberies, muggings.

Why should we want all the problems of Mexico over here?

Old 10-25-2008, 02:14 PM

3,172 posts, read 6,753,023 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
And where is your anger against the Mexican government for their failure to pay 'Gringo' wages to their Federales, judges, etc.? Maybe there would be much less corruption SOB if the elite grew up instead of throwing temper tantrums when they get 'called out' by the USA for acting like the losers that they are.
Wheres my anger? I dont live in Mexico.
"If they grew up?" Wow, thats really simplifying matters, isnt it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration