Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-17-2008, 08:21 AM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times

Advertisements

On one of the morning shows today, I saw a short story on Mccain going over to Obamas office to discuss many things including immigration.
I find this to be disturbing, since they both hold the same view (amnesty).
It does make me wonder if Mccain will be appointed immigration czar and will push for amnesty leaving Obamas hands clean in the matter?

At anyrate, I think we should all be concerned and aware of what is going on between the two.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-17-2008, 01:16 PM

559 posts, read 1,356,195 times
Default First

Obama either has to kick out his Aunt that overstayed her visa or give amnesty, what do you think he'll choose. If he allows her to stay, say hello to 20 million new "Americans".

Old 11-17-2008, 02:21 PM

8,185 posts, read 12,637,107 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by casper324 View Post
Obama either has to kick out his Aunt that overstayed her visa or give amnesty, what do you think he'll choose. If he allows her to stay, say hello to 20 million new "Americans".
To be fair, I don't believe it has anything to do with Obamas aunt.

I believe it has everything to do with the DNC and GOP pandering (or more accurately whoring) themselves out for the chance of capturing the multi million illegal hispanic voting bloc. And yes, I do know that Hispanics do not make up the whole of illegal immigration, but there are a lot more of them then any other group. And both political parties want them, and want them badly.
Now we get to see if they want it badly enough to sell the rest of us out.

Old 11-17-2008, 02:44 PM

10,229 posts, read 16,297,759 times
Illegal immigration and loose borders are perhaps my #1 concern, and because neither side has any concern at all in this matter, picking the lesser of two evils for President was excrutiatingly tough. It is obvious that neither party, no politician or law-maker wants to touch this issue with a 50-ft pole, which leads me to suspect preparations for the North American Union.

And for those of you who may wonder why this issue is my 1st priority, it is because I blame loose borders and out-of-control illegal influx for many problems we have now. It's been the biggest weight in our healthcare system, many (if not most) do not pay taxes (which stresses services to where they live), too many of them fill our jail and prison space, and schools have felt compelled to change their curriculum to accommodate these children (often lower the quality of the schools).

There is absolutely NOTHING we can do about the healthcare system until this other issue is addressed and controlled.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:40 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
It's a very dangerous time for us. McCain and Obama both want basically unlimited immigration. It brings down the cost of labor for their beloved corporations.

Neither one has any concern over joblessness and both of these politicians promised illegals during the campaign quick citizenship and that they could start bringing in whatever family members that would like to come join them here. It doesn't matter that big layoffs are coming for Americans. The NAU and globalism is all they care about.

Old 11-18-2008, 07:43 PM

47,525 posts, read 69,687,395 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluesbabe View Post
There is absolutely NOTHING we can do about the healthcare system until this other issue is addressed and controlled.
The millions of people soon to be brought in by the "new citizens" will mke government health care very necessary. A large number of illegals have children, grandparents, elderly parents they would like to have here and plan to bring once they are given the green light. They will need government health care, as many don't have health insurance now or any way to buy it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration