Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-25-2008, 06:44 AM

367 posts, read 1,689,260 times

Advertisements

[SIZE=3]l. Get an attorney that is a member of AILA and is not a visa consultant – they are not the same thing.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]2. Don’t lie or hide truth about anything on applications – you will be caught out eventually[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]3. Immigration/visa people don’t like a previous crime history and will check you out – drugs is a big problem.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]4. Don’t overstay a visa waiver – next time you will not get in.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]5. Don’t try and circumvent the system, everyone has thought of an idea, most of them are loopholes that are plugged, but hey if you have really found one, go for it J[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]6. Buying a business (e-2 visa) will not guarantee a greencard in fact it’s the most unlikely way to get one[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]7. Buying a business EB5 is very expensive but does[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]8. Coming here on an L-1 is worth a try if you have an existing business you can keep going in UK[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]9. Don’t believe anyone else’s story will be the same as yours, it may be, but things change and so do the rules for immigration (constantly)[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]10. Its not cheap to do this process[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]11. A job with a visa is very hard to get unless you are an exceptional talent (ie David Beckham, Rod Stewart etc) or a really needed profession – nursing, the rest are very tough and nursing is not that easy either.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]12. If you get an E-2 and you have kids – they can find themselves without a right to stay at 18 or when they leave full time education. They have to go home.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]13. Read all the information on the Government pages for United States Immigration it is very informative.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]14. Be careful of marrying a USC in order to live here, it can be tricky there are rules to follow and you don’t want to do it wrong. The government is always looking to catch people who are trying to slip in under the radar. I have heard of problems for couples who have married and are still waiting to be together – an ocean apart.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]15. Buying a business before you are sure you will get the visa is a tricky thing, if you don’t get the visa, you can’t stay here and work the business till you sell it. It has been said it can be done, there is a quick processing, but you need to be sure the business will be granted the visa before you risk that one.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]16. This takes me back to getting a proper lawyer to help you.[/SIZE]
[SIZE=3]17. This is a great place to live (I am a Brit that moved to FL in 99 with family and love it here) but it’s not easy to achieve residency, it’s very stressful, doing it illegally is not for the faint hearted, doing it legally isn’t either But it’s worth it - good luck to all those that follow….[/SIZE]

[SIZE=3]One last one – there are lots more questions that need answers but I am not an immigration attorney and this is only things and information that I have learned or has been shared with me by others experiences and the people I have worked with who have successfully moved to the US. You must do your research well and know what you are letting yourself in for before you start. (I know of families that have given it all up (and lots of money too) and gone home with nothing because they moved too quickly)[/SIZE]
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-25-2008, 06:45 AM

sorry about the way it showed up, I'm not technically savvy and tried to paste from a file which I could not upload!

Old 01-25-2008, 06:50 AM

[moderator cut - sorry, we cannot mention ads] if you just google for us immigration you will find 100s of 'companies' and visa 'experts' who really are not and will take your money and run. Good Immigration attorneys will give you a quick (low price - maybe free) consult.

Last edited by Administrator; 07-13-2008 at 05:31 AM.. Reason: moderator cut - sorry, we cannot mention ads

Old 01-26-2008, 05:36 AM

move to the top

Old 01-26-2008, 12:21 PM

2 posts, read 3,791 times
Default Helpful info

Hi, have a look at www.thefloridaforums.com
This forum is aimed at people just like you'
I only joined yesterday, but it answered a lot of my questions. You do need to register to read all the good stuff

Old 01-29-2008, 10:06 AM

2 posts, read 3,791 times
Default E2

Is there anyone here on an E2 visa, or thinking of getting one.
Im looking at businesses at the moment, with not much luck.
Also do any of you know a good visa attorney?

Thank you
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration