Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 08:15 PM

5 posts, read 11,097 times

Advertisements

well?????

i heard that mexico distributes comic books and fliers that encourage illegal immigration.....

if that's true then is someone going to stop them?????

those are simple questions but i need answers and also sources to support those answers.....
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-20-2009, 08:22 PM

3,162 posts, read 11,436,372 times
That happened during the presidential term of Vicente Fox, and it was a grate mistake from someone in his position, just as the Iraq war was a great misake on behalf of George W Bush, and I assure you that the majority of the people in the United States weren't represented by him, neither did the people of Mexico support Vicente Fox's continous mistakes, but that is in the past thankfully so it should be left in the past. imho

Old 03-20-2009, 08:26 PM

5 posts, read 11,097 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Travelling fella View Post
That happened during the presidential term of Vicente Fox, and it was a grate mistake from someone in his position, just as the Iraq war was a great mistake on behalf of George W Bush, and I assure you that the majority of the people in the United States weren't represented by him, neither did the people of Mexico support Vicente Fox's continuous mistakes, but that is in the past thankfully so it should be left in the past. imho
so it did happen?????

and that thingamajig is no longer being done?????

ok.....

thanks for informing me of that.....

im not doubting you when i ask this but could you post some credible internet website sources covering that particular thingamajig?????

Old 03-20-2009, 08:29 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,555,667 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukaszewicz View Post
well?????

i heard that mexico distributes comic books and fliers that encourage illegal immigration.....

those are simple questions but i need answers and also sources to support those answers.....
While officially, Mexico does not "encourage" its citizens to emigrate illegally, it has many times and in many ways 'advised' those who DO so; has made many official statements demanding fair treatment and consideration of its citizens in the US, (many of whom ARE illegal), and done VERY little to stop the practice. It's a bit like a religious group OFFICIALLY preaching 'abstinence' to its teenagers, while dispensing condoms and instructions on their use..(just in case they don't 'listen')

Is somebody going to 'stop them'? No. Mexico is a sovereign nation, and no one can 'stop' it from making policy. Iran, Syria, Libya, and many OTHER nations have called for 'death and destruction' of Israel, yet nobody 'stops them' from saying this...they're independent nations; so is Mexico. It can say what it wants..(and usually does)..

Old 03-20-2009, 08:41 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,408,610 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
While officially, Mexico does not "encourage" its citizens to emigrate illegally, it has many times and in many ways 'advised' those who DO so; has made many official statements demanding fair treatment and consideration of its citizens in the US, (many of whom ARE illegal), and done VERY little to stop the practice. It's a bit like a religious group OFFICIALLY preaching 'abstinence' to its teenagers, while dispensing condoms and instructions on their use..(just in case they don't 'listen')

Is somebody going to 'stop them'? No. Mexico is a sovereign nation, and no one can 'stop' it from making policy. Iran, Syria, Libya, and many OTHER nations have called for 'death and destruction' of Israel, yet nobody 'stops them' from saying this...they're independent nations; so is Mexico. It can say what it wants..(and usually does)..
Agreed. Additionally, there are more mexican consulates on American soil than any other foreign country. Mexico does everything that it can to eliminate any possibility of their poverty stricken masses from returning home.

Of course their corrupt government has the illegal aliens believing that they do it for their convenience and out of the goodness of their (non-existent) hearts.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:03 PM

2,381 posts, read 5,045,020 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukaszewicz View Post
well?????

The government does have several programs to educate people on the risks of crossing the border. Some are commercials, informational handouts and recently I saw an exhibit of hundreds of tombstones. Some of them with names and some without. These tombstones were the exact number of people found dead somewhere along the border, from the previous year. The exhibit was going from state to state, sending the message to stay home and not risk one's life.

Old 03-20-2009, 11:36 PM

6,987 posts, read 21,927,978 times
In my many years in Mexico have heard more then once that "when a MEXICAN always a MEXICAN" for life. They consider dual citizenship NO problem. You can take it from there which way the allegiance lies.

Based on the Mexican flags waved in the US and demanding social needs from the US tells you where their allegiance is while having the hand out for all the social services.

Old 03-21-2009, 09:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Bagu View Post
In my many years in Mexico have heard more then once that "when a MEXICAN always a MEXICAN" for life. They consider dual citizenship NO problem. You can take it from there which way the allegiance lies.

Based on the Mexican flags waved in the US and demanding social needs from the US tells you where their allegiance is while having the hand out for all the social services.
Absolutely. It's a Third-World society, based heavily on a concept of ethnic solidarity, and different in many fundamental ways from ours 'up here', which is theoretically supposed to be a volountary, artificial 'solidarity' of values and concepts, (what 'makes' a person American), and NOT on ethnicity.

Pity that person who "looks" Mexican, or has a Hispanic surname, yet does NOT speak passable Spanish, or hew to the 'pro-illegal' line....the scolding and the eye rolling, and the 'put-downs', both serious and 'joking', can get VERY tiresome, if not annoying.

It does happen in Mexico, too...but it's actually much WORSE here in the states; a person who 'SEEMS' like a Mexican should ACT, THINK, and BEHAVE like one. It doesn't give one a 'warm feeling', I can assure you. I've even known Mexican immigrants with non-Hispanic surnames having to 'Explain" to people (other immigrants) that, "no, I was NOT adopted; that's REALLY my family surname".

VERY different in scope, and in 'focus', from our culture here in the US...but of course, we're not supposed to discuss this...right?

Old 03-21-2009, 12:18 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,560,802 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Absolutely! If I prohibit my son from driving my car, yet hand him my keys as he leaves the house; what message am I really sending?

Old 03-21-2009, 12:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Absolutely! If I prohibit my son from driving my car, yet hand him my keys as he leaves the house; what message am I really sending?
The message you're sending, I SUPPOSE, would be "Son, you KNOW that 'they' out there don't want you to drive; Mommy has to remind you of that, because 'they' want me to; but just between you and me, if you DO feel the need to drive, don't worry; Mommy will ALWAYS be on your side. And that goes for ANY dumb ol' pedestrian you run over; or ANY dumb ol' motorist you collide with; or ANY dumb ol' cop who happens to pull you over. You're STILL my son, and Mommy will ALWAYS back you, no matter WHAT....

Oh, and remember, 'Don't let ME catch you driving'!! Now, run along and be a GOOD boy !!"
...or something like that..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration