Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-15-2009, 09:20 AM

62 posts, read 140,223 times

Advertisements

You want to see a prime example of what can happen to the rest of the nation regarding the effects of illegals on the health and justice system? Then please look to the great sunshine state of California. The health and welfare system has gone bankrupt due to the majority of users which are illegals. I do not use the word 'Hispanic' because there are thousands of legal members of that group who pay taxes, own property and are CITIZENS of the USA. And those citizens are furious about the abuse by illegals. And how do I know this? Because I have as a neighbor a wonderful lady who is Hispanic and a legal citizen, property owner, who is fighting mad over this illegal abuse of the California and U.S. welfare system.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-15-2009, 10:30 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,148,401 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddana View Post
You want to see a prime example of what can happen to the rest of the nation regarding the effects of illegals on the health and justice system? Then please look to the great sunshine state of California. The health and welfare system has gone bankrupt due to the majority of users which are illegals. I do not use the word 'Hispanic' because there are thousands of legal members of that group who pay taxes, own property and are CITIZENS of the USA. And those citizens are furious about the abuse by illegals. And how do I know this? Because I have as a neighbor a wonderful lady who is Hispanic and a legal citizen, property owner, who is fighting mad over this illegal abuse of the California and U.S. welfare system.
As you stated.

Old 02-15-2009, 11:21 AM

197 posts, read 266,116 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ddana View Post

Ha, Ha, Ha, wow, talking about myths, here we have the solution to Arnold's failed administration. Forget that Arnold has been the worst governor in California's history, forget that the only major ethnic group in the US with improvament in per capita income are the hispanics, forget
the millions of anglos that are lazy junkies totaly dependent on welfare,
also forget that if you don't have documents, you are not elegible for welfare, if you forget about all that stuff then you can blame it on the small participation of undocumented on gornment expeditures,
Ha,Ha, Ha

Old 02-15-2009, 02:04 PM

3,712 posts, read 6,479,925 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
Ha, Ha, Ha, wow, talking about myths, here we have the solution to Arnold's failed administration. Forget that Arnold has been the worst governor in California's history, forget that the only major ethnic group in the US with improvament in per capita income are the hispanics, forget
the millions of anglos that are lazy junkies totaly dependent on welfare,
also forget that if you don't have documents, you are not elegible for welfare, if you forget about all that stuff then you can blame it on the small participation of undocumented on gornment expeditures,
Ha,Ha, Ha

If 'anglos' (read actual Americans) are lazy junkies totally dependent on welfare, then why is it that that US is a First World Country and the Glorious Motherland is a Third World failing state? Clearly, your 'grupo' must have a higher percentage of 'lazy' people than we do or Mexico would look like Singapore.

Illegal aliens definitely contribute to CA's fiscal meltdown and will become an even larger problem as more and more tax paying citizens flee the state.
Here are some of the reasons why:

1. if there is one anchor baby in the family, the entire family reaps benefits. If the anchor is eligible for section 8 housing, the entire family is placed in an appropriate apartment. Appropriate by US standards, that is; meaning there must be an adequate number of bedrooms and a specific amount of living space per person. Conceivably, a family of 9 (8 illegals and one anchor baby) could end up in a good sized apartment. Nice, huh?

2. Any illegal alien children in the family receive a public school education, often including very expensive ESL and remedial classes. If they aren't already, they will get free medical care under the SCHIP expansion. They also can get free breakfast, lunch, afterschool snack and any other supplemental nutrition program offered by the school. (another poster told how sometimes the entire familia will show up for the free breakfast!)

3. Any pregnant illegal alien is eligible for free prenatal care. The typical illegal alien will also receive free delivery at the hospital because they will not bother paying the bill.

4. Unfortunately for us, significant numbers of illegal aliens participate in our prison program. Even though they are here illegally, we are stuck paying for the costs of their incarceration.

I could go on, but I think you get the general idea.

By the way, since CA has the largest number if illegals of any state, if they are truly the great asset that you and others claim, why isn't CA running a huge budget surplus? I would have thought the streets would be paved with gold to hear you people talk.

Old 02-15-2009, 03:16 PM

112 posts, read 352,271 times
I have a question for the original poster. How long has your SIL been in the US? If she has been there legally over a certain amount of time (and I believe it is 5 years) then she is eligible for citizenship. You said the youngest will graduate in 2 years and the youngest is a US citizen. Sounds like she has been there for quite a while. I also think that if she has been there over 10 years your sponsorship has finished, as a sponsor is only required for 10 years - but I could be wrong about that.

Old 02-15-2009, 03:44 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post
If 'anglos' (read actual Americans) are lazy junkies totally dependent on welfare, then why is it that that US is a First World Country and the Glorious Motherland is a Third World failing state? Clearly, your 'grupo' must have a higher percentage of 'lazy' people than we do or Mexico would look like Singapore.

Illegal aliens definitely contribute to CA's fiscal meltdown and will become an even larger problem as more and more tax paying citizens flee the state.

1. if there is one anchor baby in the family, the entire family reaps benefits. If the anchor is eligible for section 8 housing, the entire family is placed in an appropriate apartment. Appropriate by US standards, that is; meaning there must be an adequate number of bedrooms and a specific amount of living space per person. Conceivably, a family of 9 (8 illegals and one anchor baby) could end up in a good sized apartment. Nice, huh?

2. Any illegal alien children in the family receive a public school education, often including very expensive ESL and remedial classes. If they aren't already, they will get free medical care under the SCHIP expansion. They also can get free breakfast, lunch, afterschool snack and any other supplemental nutrition program offered by the school. (another poster told how sometimes the entire familia will show up for the free breakfast!)

3. Any pregnant illegal alien is eligible for free prenatal care. The typical illegal alien will also receive free delivery at the hospital because they will not bother paying the bill.

4. Unfortunately for us, significant numbers of illegal aliens participate in our prison program. Even though they are here illegally, we are stuck paying for the costs of their incarceration.

By the way, since CA has the largest number if illegals of any state, if they are truly the great asset that you and others claim, why isn't CA running a huge budget surplus? I would have thought the streets would be paved with gold to hear you people talk.
The pro illegal alien apologists are losing the battle of public opinion: hence their outlandish claims................

Old 02-16-2009, 07:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreabeth View Post

You guys are unbeleivable, this notion that migrant workers get an easy ride in the US, has been debunked, in fact, we should appreciate all the good things they do for our lazy fat butts, in these difficult yimes we need them more than ever......

Old 02-16-2009, 07:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mori-vivi View Post
You guys are unbeleivable, this notion that migrant workers get an easy ride in the US, has been debunked, in fact, we should appreciate all the good things they do for our lazy fat butts, in these difficult yimes we need them more than ever......
You are too much.

Looking at our deepening recession: it is past time for the illegal aliens to head home. Trust me: the 'jobs that Americans won't do' are looking real good right about now to unemployed US citizens.

Old 02-16-2009, 09:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
You are too much.

Looking at our deepening recession: it is past time for the illegal aliens to head home. Trust me: the 'jobs that Americans won't do' are looking real good right about now to unemployed US citizens.

Not that simple, as recession deepens, people have less money, and are willing to pay even less than before, and the only way to get some decent
bang for your buck is, through hiring undocumented, beleive me we are seeing this more, and more...

Old 02-17-2009, 12:14 AM

3,046 posts, read 6,291,069 times
Illegals? Round them up and catapult them home !!! Unbelievible how silly the people are who want to defend the illegals!!! The ones I've met that defend illegals being here are making money off of them instead of hiring a US Citizen and having to actuly pay them according to the law.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration