Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 06:22 PM

608 posts, read 1,004,786 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Whether they are illegal or legal is a moot point. This article belongs here because this is the IMMIGRATION FORUM. Present company excluded, the usual gotcha game is old, tired and has outlived it's usefulness for those who desperately seek to avoid seeing the truth about themselves.
No need to worry I don't play the "gotcha game". Was just pointing out that this really belongs in the Big Business Rapes The US forum or the How Mortgage Brokers Crashed the US housing market forum. The mention of Hispanics and Immigrants does not make it "illegal". Sorry, just looking at this from another level.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:32 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,557,981 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
It is also very interesting how some of these same posters get incredibly defensive when anything negative is said about their race. Yet, they love to discuss and criticize the negatives of latinos.

https://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...ml#post6879898
Try again. We are discussing ILLEGAL aliens. Why do you have such an obsession with the Black “race?” For the umpteenth time, illegal aliens and Hispanics are not racial groups.

For the record, I was not “defensive” -- I was correcting an erroneous post. There is a difference, learn it.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:36 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,285,903 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Try again. We are discussing ILLEGAL aliens. Why do you have such an obsession with the Black “race?” For the umpteenth time, illegal aliens and Hispanics are not racial groups.

For the record, I was not “defensive” -- I was correcting an erroneous post. There is a difference, learn it.
This demonstrates how you don't think it's a big deal to attack Hispanics. As long as they are not a race right? Whatever helps you guys sleep at night.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:36 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
i didnt say hispanics were a race.

it seems that even with obama in the WH, race is still a paramount issue. people dont look beyond race. and now it seems people cant seem to understand that just because some one is hispanic does not make them foreign or immigrant or illegal for that matter.

so people need to look beyond race.
and people need to embrace hispanics as their fellow citizens.

and immigrants from mexico and bolivia are AMERICANS.
its a continent genius.

but back to becoming 'American", how should they adopt US culture? what is that exactly.
i saw an interesting john quinonez "what would you do" episode of 20/20 the other day. it featured a boorish "american" couple in paris. it was an awful representation of "americans" (which most people believe to be true) and the french peopels reactions to these tourists antics. is that what they should become? what does "american" mean?

i think immigrants do have values that can coexist with US norms.

and besides, what "american" means has shifted throughout the course of history. it changes and will continue to change. 50 years ago movies made in the US, for US audiences, featured german dialogue with no subtitles or translation. imagine that.

all the people who have made this country their home have changed it in one way or another. and all along there have been people against any minimal change.
your arguments are tired.
Prior to the pro-illegal posts on this thread, "race" was never mentioned. Now, tell me, who are the real racists?

Old 01-08-2009, 06:37 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,406,785 times
Quote:
Prior to the pro-illegal posts on this thread, "race" was never mentioned. Now, tell me, who are the real racists?
Agreed!

Old 01-08-2009, 06:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
This demonstrates how you don't think it's a big deal to attack Hispanics. As long as they are not a race right? Whatever helps you guys sleep at night.
How is discussing the surging foreclosures among Hispanic "immigrants" construed as bashing Hispanics? Are all articles pertaining to the non-race of Hispanics off limits?

Perhaps I should never mention my son, considering his “Hispanic” heritage.

Old 01-08-2009, 06:43 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,662,427 times
im not talking about race in this thread ma'am.

im talking about issues in general. race is one of those.
all im saying is that people cant see beyond race, the way they cant see beyond sexual orientation. and they cant fathom the thought of hispanics being something other than foreign born or illegals.

comprende?
Quote:

Old 01-08-2009, 06:45 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,662,427 times
it does not say immigrants. it says hispanics and mentions how buying a home is a immigrants dream. and well immigrants come in many ethnicities.

but that still does not make this article about immigration.

its an aconomic issue.

but i really think we are beating this thread.

please close this thread!!!

and as for your son, according to our resident ethnographers (mala and azcub and all these other folks), your son would probably distance himself from hispanic because he(or his roots) is from a country that has many many white people. and they tend to look down on their "mestizo" brethern.

Quote:
How is discussing the surging foreclosures among Hispanic "immigrants" construed as bashing Hispanics? Are all articles pertaining to the non-race of Hispanics off limits?

Old 01-08-2009, 06:47 PM

1,636 posts, read 3,285,903 times
Quote:

Well, if you don't care about all the Hispanic Americans that have contributed to this country, then why not?

When we have a discussion of crime in America, we should be able to freely discuss Blacks.
When we have a discussion of sex crimes and serial killers in America, we should be able to freely discuss Whites.
When we discuss immigration, we should freely discuss Hispanics.

Sounds fun to me!
Let's bash the majority who aren't doing those things because of the few who do!

Old 01-08-2009, 06:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
im not talking about race in this thread ma'am.

im talking about issues in general. race is one of those.
all im saying is that people cant see beyond race, the way they cant see beyond sexual orientation. and they cant fathom the thought of hispanics being something other than foreign born or illegals.

comprende?
For the record, race has never been an issue with me. As I have stated on numerous occasions, my family looks like the UN. I don't care what race/ethnicity illegal aliens are, I want them out of my country.

It is not my fault the vast majority of illegal aliens are Hispanic. It's a fact, and the sooner you and other pro-illegals accept it, the better off you will be. I can't change the facts to suit your agenda. Sorry.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration