Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 07:54 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
Actually she'll probably leave this here since none of you are exactly discussing the article.
Why does it bother you whether a thread remains in this forum? Do you concentrate on the validity of threads in other forums, or just immigration? I’m not trying to antagonize you, I’m simply curious. Personally, I don’t care if a thread is moved or remains. If I choose to continue to post, I can post in the new location as easily as here.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:13 PM

35,016 posts, read 39,154,953 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Why does it bother you whether a thread remains in this forum? Do you concentrate on the validity of threads in other forums, or just immigration? I’m not trying to antagonize you, I’m simply curious. Personally, I don’t care if a thread is moved or remains. If I choose to continue to post, I can post in the new location as easily as here.
I commented on this post:
Quote:
Disgusting!

Before the "this isn't immigration related" mantra begins, this is an excerpt from the posted article.
It was a neutral comment. Don't mean for you to feel threatened, and don't mean to interrupt the fun. Carry on

Old 01-08-2009, 08:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by delusianne View Post
I commented on this post: It was a neutral comment. Don't mean for you to feel threatened, and don't mean to interrupt the fun. Carry on
Not to worry, I don't feel threatened by much. I simply find the attention interesting. It seems as soon as a certain regular member of this forum posts a thread, radar is activated, and swarms of illegal alien apologists question its validity. Human behavior is my profession, and the group dynamics of this forum are fascinating. Sorry if you misinterpreted my comments. No harm intended.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:29 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Not to worry, I don't feel threatened by much. I simply find the attention interesting. It seems as soon as a certain regular member of this forum posts a thread, radar is activated, and swarms of illegal alien apologists question its validity. Human behavior is my profession, and the group dynamics of this forum are fascinating. Sorry if you misinterpreted my comments. No harm intended.
I 'call out' illegal alien apologists with gusto----------especially with the economy continuing to deteriorate.

Old 01-08-2009, 08:41 PM

608 posts, read 1,005,008 times
Quote:
For the love of God... This is a forum of Immigration period. Not a forum of Illegal Immigration any more than a forum for Legal Immigration. So both sides are here (pro/against) to "hopefully" discuss ideas and thoughts as is the purpose of a forum. True certain member has a right to post whatever they chose as long as it relates to immigration. And those who support or are against are also allowed to counter.

The problem is both sides seem to mostly want to whine and complain where there is not a whole lot of debate or discussion. I feel like at times there is a race to see who can post the most immigration articles. I have yet to see realistic suggestions or solutions discussed. Sending all illegals out of the country is no more feasible than my suggestion of legalizing drugs in order to break the chain of violence committed by illegals who are drug traffickers. But at least it is a suggestion and a different approach. Immigration is multidimensional it is not one dimensional. Think out of the box folks and stop whining!

Old 01-08-2009, 08:59 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
For the love of God... This is a forum of Immigration period. Not a forum of Illegal Immigration any more than a forum for Legal Immigration. So both sides are here (pro/against) to "hopefully" discuss ideas and thoughts as is the purpose of a forum. True certain member has a right to post whatever they chose as long as it relates to immigration. And those who support or are against are also allowed to counter.

The problem is both sides seem to mostly want to whine and complain where there is not a whole lot of debate or discussion. I feel like at times there is a race to see who can post the most immigration articles. I have yet to see realistic suggestions or solutions discussed. Sending all illegals out of the country is no more feasible than my suggestion of legalizing drugs in order to break the chain of violence committed by illegals who are drug traffickers. But at least it is a suggestion and a different approach. Immigration is multidimensional it is not one dimensional. Think out of the box folks and stop whining!
My, my, it appears someone is not a happy camper. Have you considered posting a thread for discussion, or sharing your sage advice on this topic? If not, why?

Old 01-08-2009, 09:32 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,665,367 times
o brother!

you still didnt get it.

its ok. this thread is pointless. see you at the DNA one.

Quote:
For the record, race has never been an issue with me. As I have stated on numerous occasions, my family looks like the UN. I don't care what race/ethnicity illegal aliens are, I want them out of my country.

It is not my fault the vast majority of illegal aliens are Hispanic. It's a fact, and the sooner you and other pro-illegals accept it, the better off you will be. I can't change the facts to suit your agenda. Sorry.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:41 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
o brother!

you still didnt get it.

its ok. this thread is pointless. see you at the DNA one.
Oh, but I DO get it. It’s just that what I get, and what you get, clash. But that’s ok.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:44 PM

608 posts, read 1,005,008 times
Quote:
My, my, it appears someone is not a happy camper. Have you considered posting a thread for discussion, or sharing your sage advice on this topic? If not, why?
I actually have posted in the past. In fact you and I have discussed topics in the past. I just can't stay on this forum long as it become boring and monotonous. For record before you call or accuse me of being one thing or another, I am not for uncontrolled immigration so don't categorize me. I am also a realist and accept the fact that it is logistically impossible to force all illegal immigrants to leave. There are little steps to celebrate such as allowing illegals to sue which in turn forces big business to think twice. There is no one realistic solution... it will take many to harness uncontrolled immigration.

Old 01-08-2009, 09:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HoustonCynic View Post
I actually have posted in the past. In fact you and I have discussed topics in the past. I just can't stay on this forum long as it become boring and monotonous. For record before you call or accuse me of being one thing or another, I am not for uncontrolled immigration so don't categorize me. I am also a realist and accept the fact that it is logistically impossible to force all illegal immigrants to leave. There are little steps to celebrate such as allowing illegals to sue which in turn forces big business to think twice. There is no one realistic solution... it will take many to harness uncontrolled immigration.
I look forward to continuing this discussion, but it's almost midnight, and I must leave. See you tomorrow.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration