Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2009, 05:48 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,590,934 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by emma lee jackson View Post
I am so sick of ceratin americans who feel the need to blame illegal immigrants for everything that is wrong in this country right now.if you speak with irish and italians fromour grandfather's generations ,they will tell you that coming to this country wasn't a choice it was a necessity for their family's future but laws were different then right? I agree if you are here illegally and you commit a felony then you should be deported immediately.I have met some good illegals immigrants and since 9/11 life has been hard for them because everything demands a license or govt ID so irish were prejudiced against so were the italians but for some reasons allother races are unworthy or unacceptable for us who are we again?Leader of the free world wow! let's really redefine that if we want to kick all these people out ok
I know that the right wing radio talk show hosts and programing are raging a war against illegal immigrant hoping that this will fix the economy well that will neither solve the problem it's no quick fixes .it took 8yrs to ruin it it'll take more than that to fix it.
Have you travelled to other places around the world to experience and appreciate other cultures .I am amazed at the lack of educated knowledge and facts on this issue so..
please use good moral judgements and use common sense as well.
The economy is forcing people to point and blame of course as usual who gets blames the little guy ,the mexicans,the ones who are making 200 bucks a week cleaning toilets ,wiping our babies butss and cooking for our fat bellies,give me a break!
I don’t believe anyone is blaming illegal immigration for all of our problems (economic or otherwise). However, one cannot deny or ignore the deleterious impact of 20+ million illegal aliens………without being either misinformed, out of touch with reality, or blatantly disingenuous.

You have not provided, nor are you (or anyone) capable of providing, even one cogent justification for this massive illegal alien invasion. Illegal immigration is founded purely on GREED; and the profiteers have adroitly brainwashed the gullible and guilt-ridden into believing in their pseudo-benevolence. They are wolves in sheep’s clothing; and sadly, you are one of the sheeple who blindly follow the herd.

More than 2 million U.S. citizens lost jobs last year. Today, Circuit City, an employer of 35,000, announced they are closing. Each day, the list of business closures mounts. They are now projecting that 12 million may be unemployed by late summer. Where is your compassion and concern for the millions of jobless U.S. citizens? How will they continue to keep a roof over their family and feed their children? Who will provide for them?

I don’t give a flying fig what happens to illegal aliens. They shouldn’t be here, and I want them to leave. It may sound callous, but that’s how I feel.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2009, 06:12 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,426,119 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I don’t believe anyone is blaming illegal immigration for all of our problems (economic or otherwise). However, one cannot deny or ignore the deleterious impact of 20+ million illegal aliens………without being either misinformed, out of touch with reality, or blatantly disingenuous.

You have not provided, nor are you (or anyone) capable of providing, even one cogent justification for this massive illegal alien invasion. Illegal immigration is founded purely on GREED; and the profiteers have adroitly brainwashed the gullible and guilt-ridden into believing in their pseudo-benevolence. They are wolves in sheep’s clothing; and sadly, you are one of the sheeple who blindly follow the herd.

More than 2 million U.S. citizens lost jobs last year. Today, Circuit City, an employer of 35,000, announced they are closing. Each day, the list of business closures mounts. They are now projecting that 12 million may be unemployed by late summer. Where is your compassion and concern for the millions of jobless U.S. citizens? How will they continue to keep a roof over their family and feed their children? Who will provide for them?

I don’t give a flying fig what happens to illegal aliens. They shouldn’t be here, and I want them to leave. It may sound callous, but that’s how I feel.
I couldn't agree more. They really need to peek their heads out of the toilets they claim to be cleaning and get a view of the reality of everyday Americans who are forced to bare all of the financial burden and none of alleged benefits or responsibility for their illegal presence in this country.

Old 01-19-2009, 03:40 AM

1,051 posts, read 2,980,226 times
By the way, can you stop at Disney World for a few days ?

SORRY, but This story is something that's NORMAL, It's NOT just an isolated event.

Courtesy of newsday.com...

Cops: Man kicks squad car, asks for deportation

BY PATRICK WHITTLE | patrick.whittle@newsday.com 11:11 PM EST, January 18, 2009 Southold police arrested a Greenport man early Sunday after he allegedly kicked a police car and asked to be deported back to his home country.

Carlos Montenegro, 27, of Cedarfield Drive, was charged with fourth-degree criminal mischief and was scheduled to be arraigned at an undisclosed date.

Montenegro called police around 1:30 a.m. Sunday asking to be arrested so he could be deported back to his home country of Guatemala, police said. He kicked the driver's side door of the patrol car after police explained that he could not be arrested because he committed no crime, police said.

Police said in a statement that Montenegro was in custody Sunday morning. Attempts to reach offiicials for more detail were unsuccessful

Cops: Man kicks squad car, asks for deportation -- Newsday.com (http://www.newsday.com/news/local/suffolk/ny-lidepo0119,0,6967584.story - broken link)

Old 01-19-2009, 10:52 AM

35 posts, read 74,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post

We already have plenty of legal immigrants moving to Long Island...just look at how the Indian population has grown. I hear very few people complaining about that, because they come here LEGALLY.
That is another entirely different situation with respect to legality. The Visa programs that the Indians gleefully abuse are a sham that doesn't get entirely enough attention.

In my own job we've had an H1B guy for years now (years). The stipulation of the whole H1B gig suggests that the grantor of the visa, my employer, must show that an equally-qualified native can't be found to do the job. Well, there are PLENTY qualified natives - but they go with the H1B guy, who, incidentally, gets paid better than all of the natives.

Old 01-19-2009, 10:56 AM

35 posts, read 74,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dman72 View Post
The most sensible thing to do would be to levy such massive fines on anyone who hires an illegal, that no one would be willing to take the risk. Take the jobs away, most will leave.
Very much agree.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration