Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2009, 05:46 PM

26,700 posts, read 41,742,544 times

Advertisements

African-American leaders lash out at English-only plan | www.tennessean.com | The Tennessean

Quote:
"We cannot afford to send a message that Nashville and Tennessee is out of step with the rest of the country," she said.
If not pandering to people who wont learn the language makes one "out of step" that's cool with me.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-10-2009, 06:40 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alanboy395 View Post
African-American leaders lash out at English-only plan | www.tennessean.com | The Tennessean

If not pandering to people who wont learn the language makes one "out of step" that's cool with me.
Wow; just flippin' wow.............

Such a scenario may wind up splitting the putative 'Black' leadership and the regular community apart. Can someone say Jesse Jackson/All Sharpton clones here?

Old 01-10-2009, 06:48 PM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Wow; just flippin' wow.............

Such a scenario may wind up splitting the putative 'Black' leadership and the regular community apart. Can someone say Jesse Jackson/All Sharpton clones here?
*Raises hand and voice* I can, I can. Don't forget that Jesse the pimp has added a branch of LaRaza to his "organization". Those tears the world witnessed during Obama's acceptance speech had nothing to do with Jesse being happy that the first black POTUS was elected. He was weeping at the thought of his tax payer funding being slashed and mourning the reality of his generationally lucrative pimping of the civil rights movement coming to an end.

Old 01-10-2009, 06:52 PM

117 posts, read 152,114 times
Well the new potus would seem to agree with those black leaders. He himself is against making English the official language. OH and yes he is also for giving illegals who can not read nor write in english drivers licences.

Old 01-10-2009, 06:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherhead View Post
Well the new potus would seem to agree with those black leaders. He himself is against making English the official language. OH and yes he is also for giving illegals who can not read nor write in english drivers licences.
Or, he could have simply been pandering for the votes he needed to ensure his election. Either way, time will tell. As I stated on many occasions, those in our government who advocate amnesty will wish they had died and gone to hell instead of trying to cram another one down the throats of angry, fed up, and unemployed Americans.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:03 PM

117 posts, read 152,114 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Or, he could have simply been pandering for the votes he needed to ensure his election. Either way, time will tell. As I stated on many occasions, those in our government who advocate amnesty will wish they had died and gone to hell instead of trying to cram another one down the throats of angry, fed up, and unemployed Americans.
Then why is he appointing so many pro-illegals to his cab? He will deliver to hispanics what ever they ask.

Old 01-10-2009, 07:19 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,221,236 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by leatherhead View Post
Then why is he appointing so many pro-illegals to his cab? He will deliver to hispanics what ever they ask.
Give the man a fair chance. If he flubs I'll dance on his name with you.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:07 PM

1,434 posts, read 3,968,352 times
I remember Geraldo Rivera said the main reason Barack won the election is because over 70% of registered Hispanic voters came out to vote for him. I doubt very much that Obama's Hispanic support would have been that high if they saw him as a man who is tough on cracking down on illegal immigration. They would have called Obama a racist and would have just stayed home and not bothered to vote at all if they thought that Barack Hussein Obama was going to politically get in bed with groups like the Minutemen.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Give the man a fair chance. If he flubs I'll dance on his name with you.
and I will be happy to be your partner.

Old 01-10-2009, 08:41 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
I remember Geraldo Rivera said the main reason Barack won the election is because over 70% of registered Hispanic voters came out to vote for him. I doubt very much that Obama's Hispanic support would have been that high if they saw him as a man who is tough on cracking down on illegal immigration. They would have called Obama a racist and would have just stayed home and not bothered to vote at all if they thought that Barack Hussein Obama was going to politically get in bed with groups like the Minutemen.
Remember that not all Hispanic voters are pro amnesty either----------too; many of them are of Cuban background who tend to vote Republican as well.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration