Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-09-2009, 10:31 PM

411 posts, read 469,970 times

Advertisements

[quote=ArizonaBear;10688229]Not here in Arizona: so-called 'Hispanic' power is waning as more and more illegals are being run off. Losing 30-50% of the above criminals tends to weaken one's base of support.

Ha,Ha, Ha, since you're taking a hack at it, why don't you claim that 90% are gone, you kno, you can make any claim in the forum...
now lets say all illegals are gone, they were not voting anyway, comprende?????
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-09-2009, 10:51 PM

50,617 posts, read 47,460,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
Officially hispanic support for Obama was above 75%, the result a hispanic supreme court judge, and an upcoming amnesty.
The lesson is quite clear; whoever wants to win national elections better get the important hispanic vote, or else........

Oh please, the "important"? The wealthy, game changing Hispanics? How large of a percentage do you really think that is?

The Hispanic voters have been flip flopping votes for years. The percentage voting has fallen off a precipice once they figured out both sides are pandering and lying to them. Maybe voting with the race card isn't such a good idea.

Voting AMERICAN seems to make more sense than voting Hispanic.

Old 09-09-2009, 11:02 PM

411 posts, read 469,970 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
Oh please, the "important"? The wealthy, game changing Hispanics? How large of a percentage do you really think that is?

The Hispanic voters have been flip flopping votes for years. The percentage voting has fallen off a precipice once they figured out both sides are pandering and lying to them. Maybe voting with the race card isn't such a good idea.

Voting AMERICAN seems to make more sense than voting Hispanic.
for your info hispanics vote in much higher percentage than any other group, including "anglos", and african american....

Old 09-09-2009, 11:13 PM

50,617 posts, read 47,460,002 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Latin King View Post
for your info hispanics vote in much higher percentage than any other group, including "anglos", and african american....

www.census.gov

oh boy, that's rich.

Old 09-10-2009, 07:20 AM

21,116 posts, read 42,241,814 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
www.census.gov

oh boy, that's rich.
Consider the source.

Old 09-10-2009, 12:14 PM

4,275 posts, read 5,429,577 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MiamiRob View Post
well illegals don't vote anyways so they as a constituency don't matter to most politicians. Most hispanics in Florida are legal ( Cuban, Puerto rican, Brazilians, Argentinians) and we fought this English only non sense in Miami over 30 years ago and it lost too. I usually don't come to this forum since it is titled ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION but threads like these just proves how this sub forum is just an excuse to bash hispanics of any kind which is kind of insulting since I'm a hispanic who happened to be born here.
Nevertheless I'll let y'all get back to your racist prejudist views. Tata!
Please spare us the race card, this isn't about racism.

This is about taking te time and trouble to go through the system to become an American citizen, or at the very least work or school here legally.

Each and every single Illegal Alien in this coutnry today is a rude slap in the face to each and every naturalized citizen, either throughout our history or alive today, who went through the trouble of following our laws to become fellow citizens.

Old 09-11-2009, 06:06 AM

752 posts, read 1,466,809 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post

This is about taking te time and trouble to go through the system to become an American citizen, or at the very least work or school here legally.

Each and every single Illegal Alien in this country today is a rude slap in the face to each and every naturalized citizen, either throughout our history or alive today, who went through the trouble of following our laws to become fellow citizens.
actually this thread is about black leaders speaking out against Nashville's English only law.
I never put much faith in any of our leaders, black,white or Hispanic.
Trust me when I say if it is between making alot of money or doing what right, they will take the money every time and leave the people hanging out to dry.
I hope to see great things from Obama, I voted for him
I like his style.
President has a beer to talk out differences with a cop and a professor.
The man has unprecedented class.
an unusual knack for what the "average American" wants and needs.
He is the only Leader so far to show such and indifference.
The magic word is AMERICAN.
The black leaders and white leaders could learn from his apparently unbiased example.
I don't see a problem with a few Spanish signs in the windows,
I have a problem with people coming here illegally.
I think they should have to learn English
fortunately the most important signs are similar anyway
Hospital is almost exactly the same in English and Spanish
we should stop catering to illegal immigrants
but if a shop owner feels that a Spanish sign will cater to his Spanish
speaking LEGAL customer then it is after all a free country.
perhaps the signs will help them until they grasp the language

Old 09-11-2009, 02:00 PM

749 posts, read 1,794,278 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by AxisMundi View Post

Each and every single Illegal Alien in this coutnry today is a rude slap in the face to each and every naturalized citizen, either throughout our history or alive today, who went through the trouble of following our laws to become fellow citizens.

Great post!

Old 09-11-2009, 02:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by minesbroken View Post
actually this thread is about black leaders speaking out against Nashville's English only law.
I never put much faith in any of our leaders, black,white or Hispanic.
Trust me when I say if it is between making alot of money or doing what right, they will take the money every time and leave the people hanging out to dry.
I hope to see great things from Obama, I voted for him
I like his style.
President has a beer to talk out differences with a cop and a professor.
The man has unprecedented class.
an unusual knack for what the "average American" wants and needs.
He is the only Leader so far to show such and indifference.
The magic word is AMERICAN.
The black leaders and white leaders could learn from his apparently unbiased example.
I don't see a problem with a few Spanish signs in the windows,
I have a problem with people coming here illegally.
I think they should have to learn English
fortunately the most important signs are similar anyway
Hospital is almost exactly the same in English and Spanish
we should stop catering to illegal immigrants
but if a shop owner feels that a Spanish sign will cater to his Spanish
speaking LEGAL customer then it is after all a free country.
perhaps the signs will help them until they grasp the language
Absolutely agreed, keeping in mind that this thread is about immigration and not racism.

And perfectly agreed to your signage example as well. Learning to speak Elngish to live in this country doesn't mean one needs to forget their heritage or native language.

If a shop owner wants to cater to people from his homeland, that's cool, and quite within the law and the very Principles of this Nation.

However, I shouldn't get further mauled in VoiceMaul when I call the local gas company by being forced to choose a langauge.

Old 09-11-2009, 03:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueyedCat View Post
Great post!
Thanks.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration