Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-13-2009, 07:26 PM

402 posts, read 1,064,232 times

Advertisements

I know hundreds of Mexicans who are against illegal immigration, and why shouldn't they be their families were either here 300 years ago or they have come here legally since then. They are US citizens they are not happy campers especially when they are sometimes looked at as illegals then have to prove that they are not
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2009, 07:27 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,584,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Huckleberry3911948 View Post
why all the moral outrage and debate about enforcing the law.
I'm surprised you'd ask. There's ALWAYS debate about enforcing the law, SURELY you must be familiar with "The National Association of Pickpockets"...or the "Pacific Coast Regional Chapter of the American Brotherhood of Shoplifters".....the "Justice for Speeders" group....or even the "Pro Drunk Driver" lobby in Congress.

These groups aren't as 'noisy' as the pro-illegals, and they aren't as well-funded...but they're ALMOST as determined. And they ALL claim to represent "good" people, who just HAPPEN to be in violation of a law or two.....

Last edited by macmeal; 01-13-2009 at 07:47 PM..

Old 01-13-2009, 07:56 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,602,400 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Ask Alanboy395, Benicar and JDubsMom of they are White or not then get back with us........all three of the above posters are extremely anti illegal immigration.
Indeed, and proud of it!

Old 01-13-2009, 07:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight04 View Post
She's an "anchor baby" too.
I'm surprised YOU would mention that.

Old 01-13-2009, 08:04 PM

709 posts, read 1,501,402 times
So Asian (Malkin is what, Japanese?) people are "nonwhite"?

Who decides these things?

Old 01-13-2009, 09:02 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,584,808 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Libman View Post
So Asian (Malkin is what, Japanese?) people are "nonwhite"?

Who decides these things?
Malkin is, I believe, a Filipina-American.....

Not sure who decided what.....and I can't remember ever TRULY seeing any person who was "white", in the literal sense. The "Klan" is certainly white..(or at least CLAIMS to be)..yet at most of the meetings that I'VE ever attended, you can STILL see where the "skin" leaves off, and the "sheet" begins...

Last edited by macmeal; 01-13-2009 at 09:13 PM..

Old 01-14-2009, 05:23 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,765,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I'm surprised YOU would mention that.
Yea, she rails against so called "anchor babies", but she is one herself.

Old 01-14-2009, 06:07 AM

21,144 posts, read 42,215,729 times
Quote:
Again: quit confusing legal immigrants with illegals, Troll.

Quote:
And then there`s a personal aspect of it, too. I often talk about how I myself am the child of legal immigrants who came here from the Philippines. And one of the themes that I`ve always talked about is something that they`ve reminded me of almost every day since I was old enough to understand it, which is that entry into this country and residence in this country, and ultimately, citizenship in this country is an absolute privilege, and it ought not to be treated as some sort of natural right or entitlement. But over the years, our immigration system has -- has abandoned that principle. And that`s how we find ourselves with so many problems that we`re dealing today.
Booknotes (http://www.booknotes.org/Transcript/?ProgramID=1705 - broken link)

Old 01-14-2009, 07:24 AM

Quote:
Please note AzBear’s post directly below yours. So now the children of legal immigrants are “anchor babies?” What’s next in your illegal alien hyperbole arsenal?

Good grief, hypocrisy abounds.

Old 01-14-2009, 07:29 AM

4,829 posts, read 7,765,134 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Again: quit confusing legal immigrants with illegals, Troll.

Booknotes (http://www.booknotes.org/Transcript/?ProgramID=1705 - broken link)
Duh, she is not going to tell the truth is she?

Quote:
Michelle Maglalang was the product of one Dr. Apolo Maglalang and his wife, ...the timing of Malkin's birth is what's important. She was, in fact, what the Right likes to call an "anchor baby" or "jackpot baby":
Put simply, an anchor baby is the offspring of an illegal immigrant who, under current legal interpretation, becomes a U.S. citizen at birth and, in turn, is the means by which parents and relatives can also obtain citizenship for themselves by using the family reunification features of immigration law. (Link)

According to the facts, Doc Apolo arrived in the US under a work visa sometime in 1970, and Malkin was born "months" later, in October. Now it's conceivable that Doc Apolo arrived in the US in January, immediately knocked up the missus, and never intended on using the fetus as a convenience. It's conceivable, but unlikely. The window of opportunity there is just too small, and in all likelihood Doc Apolo arrived here with the full understanding that he was bringing with him a pregnant wife due to give birth sometime inside the term of his visa. But even if he didn't intend on little Michelle being a jackpot baby, the fact that he stayed in the US through October, rather than return to the Philippines like a good immigrant, means Michelle was a jackpot baby
The Young Turks: Malkin - over the top or merely insane? You decide.

If you didn't know, malkin refers to babies born to mom's on temporary visas and visitor's visas as "anchor babies". Once, again you prove that you have no clue about the things you talk about. Who's the troll now.
Quote:
Malkin opposes the legal axiom of jus soli which grants automatic U.S. citizenship to babies born to illegal aliens, tourists, and temporary workers. Malkin discussed her position on these children, which she called "anchor babies" in a 2003 Jewish World Review column.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michelle_Malkin
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration