Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-15-2009, 09:22 AM

15,171 posts, read 18,588,195 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by antialphabet View Post
Good call, but don't expect anyone to give up an inch.
Redirect, redirect, redirect.

By the way, this isn't related, but did any of them ever comment on that whole Shawna Forde thing?
Yes, I responded to your thread. Perhaps it wasn’t the reply you sought. https://www.city-data.com/forum/immig...wna-forde.html

If the report is a hoax, she should be dealt with accordingly. However, I certainly wouldn’t obsess over this story given the MASSIVE fraud being perpetrated by illegal aliens on a daily basis. Oh, that’s right….their fraud is justified. Redirect, redirect, redirect.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2009, 07:40 PM

1 posts, read 1,233 times
Default Aren't you missing the point

Quote:
Originally Posted by blacknight 04 View Post
You still don't get my point do you? Michelle Malkin is against giving citizenship to babies born to temporary visa holders, YET she benefited from the same thing. She's a hypocrite that's all.
The truth is that she IS a citizen due to the fact that she was born to legal immigrants holding GREEN CARDS. A temporary visa is issued only to visitors that do not plan to seek residence or pursue permanent residence. There are a vast majority of citizens that oppose granting automatic citizenship to children of non-resident (those without legal documentation) individuals. Both my wife and I have waited our turn in the citizenship line and cannot digest the logic of allowing line jumpers to enjoy the same privileges as those that have sacrificed life and limb to adhere to the law.

Old 08-19-2009, 07:57 PM

20,300 posts, read 22,253,786 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by k6wac View Post
The truth is that she IS a citizen due to the fact that she was born to legal immigrants holding GREEN CARDS. A temporary visa is issued only to visitors that do not plan to seek residence or pursue permanent residence. There are a vast majority of citizens that oppose granting automatic citizenship to children of non-resident (those without legal documentation) individuals. Both my wife and I have waited our turn in the citizenship line and cannot digest the logic of allowing line jumpers to enjoy the same privileges as those that have sacrificed life and limb to adhere to the law.
Welcome to America and good luck with citizenship. You are exactly the kind of immigrants we want and need. The honest law abiding kind ..

Old 08-19-2009, 08:56 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,183,508 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tinman01 View Post
Welcome to America and good luck with citizenship. You are exactly the kind of immigrants we want and need. The honest law abiding kind ..
+1, need I say more?

Old 08-19-2009, 09:11 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,574,272 times
Quote:
Both my wife and I have waited our turn in the citizenship line and cannot digest the logic of allowing line jumpers to enjoy the same privileges as those that have sacrificed life and limb to adhere to the law.
There IS no logic to it. It's a direct slap in your face, an insult to your intelligence, and a truly TERRIBLE example for our whole society..(and a lousy, second-rate, 'crummy' way to become a citizen, in my opinion).. It's an excercise in cynicism, and a good illustration of the fact that "nice guys finish last", and that "laws are made to be broken".

You're not alone in feeling this way.

Old 08-20-2009, 05:30 PM

413 posts, read 1,166,208 times
Malkin is retarded.

Old 08-20-2009, 09:25 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,574,272 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemesis16 View Post
Malkin is retarded.
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. You've given us a lot to consider. I've never quite looked at it from this angle....What's your take on Bill O'Reilly ?...a "big meanie", I would imagine?....

Old 08-21-2009, 12:29 AM

706 posts, read 941,607 times
Quote:
Which is exactly why both You and Your wife are welcome additions to to this country. paying the price, both in $$$$ and time speaks volumes for Your integrity
Regards and respect.
BL

Old 08-21-2009, 10:45 AM

413 posts, read 1,166,208 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
Thanks for sharing your thoughts. You've given us a lot to consider. I've never quite looked at it from this angle....What's your take on Bill O'Reilly ?...a "big meanie", I would imagine?....
What's worse? Me ranting about how asinine Malkin is or a poster dropping commentary on what my views are with sarcasm. Atleast my comment pertains to the OP discussion at hand. Can't say the same about yours.

Way to be a hypocrite.

Old 08-21-2009, 09:32 PM

78,863 posts, read 46,736,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Jarrett View Post
It seems like it to me because the overwhelming majority of the people that I see in the media who speak out loudly in favor deporting all/most illegal immigrants back to to their home country and tightly securing our border are White like Michael Savage, Bill O'Reilly, Tom Tancredo, Bernard Goldberg, Sean Hannity, Pat Buchanan, Ann Coulter, Monica Crowley, Laura Ingraham, etc. I have seen some far left wing liberal Nonwhites accuse Michelle Malkin of being a sellout and also accusing her of kissing Whitey's ass because they think every American who is a person of color should automatically sympathize with illegal immigrants.

Because it has absolutely nothing to do with the color of your skin/race, like you just made it out to be. That was very racist of you.

It has everything to do with your nationality and if you are a citizen of the USA. Don't try to turn it into something it isn't.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration