Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 04:58 PM

1,067 posts, read 2,980,167 times

Advertisements

Illegal immigration is a serious problem, especially once our resources are wasted to subsidize it with such minimal returns.

I'm curious why everyone is ignoring outsourcing, though. With all the jobs (and currency) that sends overseas, the economic devastation caused by illegal immigration pales in comparison.

Also, our public education is falling way behind many other nations that became developed decades after us, and we are losing that battle in both depth and practicality. If we had better education, illegal immigrants wouldn't even be able to touch our job market since everyone would have far more qualifications. Also, if our education continues to tolerate mediocrity, then we're in danger of needing to migrate to other countries in the all-too-near future.

I'm glad some are trying to stop the problem with illegal immigrants, but we all need to reunite in the cause to redirect our tax money to a betterment of our citizens. That starts with getting it out of the hands of illegals, yes; but getting rid of illegals would barely be a start in contrast to all the work we need to do to keep the home front economically competitive in the up-coming decades.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 05:04 PM

200 posts, read 349,979 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
It would be fabulous if they could all attend some boarding school, but our country doesn't have the money for that - considering we can barely provide proper schools for ANY of our children here.
One of the reasons we don't have enough money to "provide proper schools for ANY of our children here", is that the government has cut funding for schools, while adding the burden of illegal alien children into the education system. Now, is that right? Not only do the illegal alien kids get a free education but they also get translators, free school lunches, after school day care and many get free tutition to college.

$12 Billion dollars a year is spent on primary and secondary school education for children here illegally.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html

$17 Billion dollars a year is spent for education for the American-born children of illegal aliens, known as anchor babies.
http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/0604/01/ldt.01.html

Old 02-05-2009, 05:08 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,572,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
Sorry for generalizing... but I'm not sure that option is much better.
With the exception of cases of abuse, neglect, or endangerment, I believe children are always better off with their parents. As a mother, I can appreciate parents wanting to provide the best for their children. I simply don’t believe illegal aliens have the right to expect U.S. taxpayers to support them.

Prior to the brazen marches and the foreign flag waving, I had little interest in illegal immigration. I even felt compassion for them; in particular, the children. I decided to visit the DREAM Act Forum to gain a better understanding of their plight. I posted on one thread, and was summarily banned simply because I didn’t agree with the dialogue. I read the most despicable displays of profanity and racism, yes racism.

I don’t know what their policy is now, but at that time they didn’t even have the decency to filter profanity. The F word was as commonplace as any other word. It was appalling. They have since sanitized their site. Needless to say, they lost my support.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:09 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,670,791 times
sorry to hear about your pops. mine went thru the prostate thing a couple years back. his PSA levels are rising and we are watching and waiting. its tough when they get into the mid to late 70's. it makes me more aware of what i have to look forward to in the next couple of decades(the regular check ups and such)

thank you for donating.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
I can only speak for myself. My opposition to illegal immigration has no racial/ethnic basis. I can honesty say I don’t “hate” anyone, with the exception of those who harm children. Quite frankly, I really don’t care what you or anyone else perceives my motives to be. I know my heart.

There are those on both sides of this issue with ulterior motives. It’s unfortunate it is assumed that all opposition to illegal immigration is motivated by racism, xenophobia or nativism. It simply isn’t true.

Regarding charitable donations; my primary concern is abused and neglected children. I also contribute to cancer research and treatment. It’s very dear to my heart due to the history of cancer on both sides of my family. My dad is currently in stage 4 of prostate/bone cancer, so I have a very personal interest.

BTW, I am also a bleeding heart.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:09 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by stingraynm View Post
Illegal immigration is a serious problem, especially once our resources are wasted to subsidize it with such minimal returns.

I'm curious why everyone is ignoring outsourcing, though. With all the jobs (and currency) that sends overseas, the economic devastation caused by illegal immigration pales in comparison.
That's on everyone's mind. But that would be Off Topic (OT). The thread would be moved and the poster would be scolded. Both outsourcing American jobs and the illegal alien invasion should be stopped. The illegal alien invasion is a devastating, expensive and preventable crime, that hurts the young and old alike! The illegal aliens are killing more Americans on American soil than are being killed in the Iraq and Afghanistan wars combined. To me that does not "Pale In Comparison", when compared to outsourcing jobs.

Every day 12 Americans are murdered by an illegal alien. Another 13 Americans are killed by uninsured drunk illegal aliens and Eight American Children are victims of a sex crime committed by an illegal alien each day!
http://www.house.gov/apps/list/hearing/ia05_king/col_20060505_bite.html

Old 02-05-2009, 05:11 PM

ridiculous and reactionary. not completely thought out.

this is on par with the "lets annex mexico" idea

enough said.

better luck next time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vlad-The-Impaler View Post
As for the Anchor Babies, I think the illegal alien parents should be deported and the Anchor Babies should be well taken care of, in State run boarding schools and orphanages. They'll be quite comfortable and be provided an American education and medical care. At least there, they'll be taugh to become a true American.

I'm quite comfortable denying benefits to illegal aliens and their illegal alien children. The illegal alien parents are responsible for their illegal alien children. The parents knew the consequences when they snuck the illegal alien children across the border. If they were caught, they would be deported and they should be deported, rightfully so.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:14 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,151,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
With the exception of cases of abuse, neglect, or endangerment, I believe children are always better off with their parents. As a mother, I can appreciate parents wanting to provide the best for their children. I simply don’t believe illegal aliens have the right to expect U.S. taxpayers to support them.

Prior to the brazen marches and the foreign flag waving, I had little interest in illegal immigration. I even felt compassion for them; in particular, the children. I decided to visit the DREAM Act Forum to gain a better understanding of their plight. I posted on one thread, and was summarily banned simply because I didn’t agree with the dialogue. I read the most despicable displays of profanity and racism, yes racism.

I don’t know what their policy is now, but at that time they didn’t even have the decency to filter profanity. The F word was as commonplace as any other word. It was appalling. They have since sanitized their site. Needless to say, they lost my support.
Those illegal immigrants' 'rights' marches back in May 2006 were a huge PR blunder-----------at best. They were the 'tipping point' for may Americans of any race/ethnicity.

Like you; prior to that date I was ambivalent at worse towards illegal aliens-----------now: I want those criminals gone.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
ridiculous and reactionary. not completely thought out.
You must be talking about every Pro-illegal alien post you make!

During the year of 2005 there were 4 to 10 MILLION illegal aliens that crossed our Southern Border also, as many as 19,500 illegal aliens from Terrorist Countries. Millions of pounds of drugs, cocaine, meth, heroine and marijuana, crossed into the U. S. from the Southern border. Homeland Security Report:
http://www.house.gov/mccaul/pdf/Investigaions-Border-Report.pdf

Old 02-05-2009, 05:20 PM

RE the 14th...

its been brought up by the same CA senator for the last decade. he has crafted the language so that at least One(1) parent is a US citizen, which interestingly enough allows him to keep his citizenship since he is also the child of at least one non US citizen (his mother wasnt).

so he wants a constitutional ammendment to the 14th (talk about dreaming) that would require a child born in the states to have at least 1 US citizen parent in order to be a citizen themselves.

how is that enforced? so if a woman is illegal, then the father needs to be legal. well will there be DNA tests to prove that the man put down as the father is actually the father and not just someone who got paid to say they are the father? how do you enforce that?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Either the minor age Anchors grow up in the system, leave with their illegal alien parents or are left with legal friends/relatives. Problem solved.

While we are at it: the 14th Amendment needs to be clarified so Anchor Babies no longer qualify for birthright citizenship (assuming that both parents are here illegally).

Remember: the recession is deepening so it is in the best interests for all involved for the illegal aliens to leave the USA post haste.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:24 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,572,319 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
sorry to hear about your pops. mine went thru the prostate thing a couple years back. his PSA levels are rising and we are watching and waiting. its tough when they get into the mid to late 70's. it makes me more aware of what i have to look forward to in the next couple of decades(the regular check ups and such)

thank you for donating.
Thanks! It's very hard watching him suffer, but he's a tough man. He was diagnosed 15 years ago, and they performed surgery and said they had removed all of the malignancy. Tell your dad to have regular bone scans (prostate cancer frequently spreads to the bones or lungs). Had my dad’s doctor scheduled scans on a regular basis, it most likely wouldn’t have spread to his bones. He now has a wonderful oncologist. Unfortunately, it had already metastasized throughout his entire skeletal sites.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration