Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-05-2009, 05:26 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,670,791 times

Advertisements

thats tough. you are right, we need to really watch his bones. the doctors just diagnosed him with arthritis.

its scary.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benicar View Post
Thanks! It's very hard watching him suffer, but he's a tough man. He was diagnosed 15 years ago, and they performed surgery and said they had removed all of the maligancy. Tell your dad to have regular bone scans. Had my dad’s doctor scheduled scans on a regular basis, it most likely wouldn’t have spread to his bones. He now has a wonderful oncologist. Unfortunately, it had already metastasized throughout his entire skeletal sites.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-05-2009, 05:34 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,151,032 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by the one View Post
RE the 14th...

its been brought up by the same CA senator for the last decade. he has crafted the language so that at least One(1) parent is a US citizen, which interestingly enough allows him to keep his citizenship since he is also the child of at least one non US citizen (his mother wasnt).

so he wants a constitutional ammendment to the 14th (talk about dreaming) that would require a child born in the states to have at least 1 US citizen parent in order to be a citizen themselves.

how is that enforced? so if a woman is illegal, then the father needs to be legal. well will there be DNA tests to prove that the man put down as the father is actually the father and not just someone who got paid to say they are the father? how do you enforce that?
I see no problem here: if the mother is illegal, deport her anyway irrespective of the (alleged) father's DNA.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:37 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,572,319 times
Quote:
thats tough. you are right, we need to really watch his bones. the doctors just diagnosed him with arthritis.

its scary.
We didn’t realize the propensity for prostate cancer to spread to the bones, until it was too late. I should have researched it from the beginning, but he seemed fine for so many years.

Anyway, I'll get back on topic now.

Old 02-05-2009, 05:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
Those illegal immigrants' 'rights' marches back in May 2006 were a huge PR blunder-----------at best. They were the 'tipping point' for may Americans of any race/ethnicity.

Like you; prior to that date I was ambivalent at worse towards illegal aliens-----------now: I want those criminals gone.
I believe the marches and the support from illegal alien advocacy groups emboldened them. They became much more arrogant, and with that arrogance and sense of entitlement, my contempt grew stronger. Then, when pro-illegals started using the race card, I lost all respect for their plight. Now, I simply want them to leave.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:07 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,151,032 times
Quote:
I believe the marches and the support from illegal alien advocacy groups emboldened them. They became much more arrogant, and with that arrogance and sense of entitlement, my contempt grew stronger. Then, when pro-illegals started using the race card, I lost all respect for their plight. Now, I simply want them to leave.
The 'race card' was also a huge mistake especially being that illegal aliens can be of any race/ethnicity.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:09 PM

5,408 posts, read 12,670,791 times
but the amendement to the 14th proposed by the CA senator who keeps on pushing it requires that only one parent be a citizen in order to transfer citizenship to the baby. thats whats on the table. no one else is willing to go the extreme of modifying the 14th any more dramatically.

in the end, i dont think the 14th will be changed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArizonaBear View Post
I see no problem here: if the mother is illegal, deport her anyway irrespective of the (alleged) father's DNA.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gizmo980 View Post
I know it isn't all motivated by racism, but much of it is... especially those immigrant watchdog groups, which I have researched a bit. But I wouldn't doubt you or your bleeding heart (LOL), if you say your motivations aren't race-based. Unfortunately, though, I think you would be in the minority based on my observations and research.
Somehow I missed this post. I realize there are some racist anti-immigration groups. I stopped posting at one for that reason. Initially, they seemed ok, but then their true racist colors emerged. I will not knowingly participate, nor will I donate to a racist organization.

Quote:
Bleeding hearts stand proud! Btw, I'm sorry about your father, and hope he isn't suffering too much. Luckily we have no history of cancer in my family, but we have lost many friends to this horrible disease - including three from breast cancer, so I'm always glad to contribute to their cause.
Thanks! I call him the Energizer Bunny.

Take care.

Old 02-05-2009, 06:14 PM

Quote:
but the amendement to the 14th proposed by the CA senator who keeps on pushing it requires that only one parent be a citizen in order to transfer citizenship to the baby. thats whats on the table. no one else is willing to go the extreme of modifying the 14th any more dramatically.

in the end, i dont think the 14th will be changed.
I would not object to having one parent a citizen. It is the granting of citizenship to the children of two illegal aliens that boils my blood.

Old 02-05-2009, 07:56 PM

2,075 posts, read 2,138,985 times
Quote:
I would not object to having one parent a citizen. It is the granting of citizenship to the children of two illegal aliens that boils my blood.
As usual, Benicar has hit the nail squarely on the head. CA can blame all it's woe's on the "anchor baby" 14th ammendment farce. I think CA is about to learn a very hard lesson in economics & 3rd world ethics. ESL, free food stamps & state services all will bring CA down. unless something changes. Looking at LA over a 20 yr. span makes me wonder, could that be "change we can belive in"?

Old 02-05-2009, 08:17 PM

378 posts, read 626,779 times
Oh for God's sake, you don't need to dream up a "solution." Get the U.S. Army with tanks going down the street and at the border hunting down illegals on American soil. That would certainly solve the problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration