Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 08:24 PM

21,144 posts, read 42,134,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDubsMom View Post
Agreed. There are more than a few stories all over the internet that are a testament to what you have stated. To update your phrase? The SLEDGE hammer is working overtime.
Thank you for the kind words.

As for my comment 'the hammer is falling'; it was nothing more than a very strong premonition here.

Suffice to say: I have several other premonitions that I care to not post on this Forum. This I will say: better to be a US citizen here in the USA than a few other places.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-09-2009, 10:54 PM

2,095 posts, read 2,581,533 times
Quote:
I predict that he would rather go down in history as an American hero as opposed to the LaRaza sell out that put the final nail in America's coffin. He pandered just enough to get the votes he needed. He's a smart man and he realizes that now is not the time for dual loyalties that only serve to appease the ethnocentrics and the corporate masters. Thus the survival of the American people wins this one hands down. Mexico and the rest of the world gets their illegal alien criminals back.
JDubsMom I hope you are right. I did not vote for Obama in 08 but I would not hesitate to cast my vote for him in 12 if he shows me he can get the job done.

Last edited by Bostonian123; 02-09-2009 at 11:06 PM..

Old 02-09-2009, 11:49 PM

27,624 posts, read 21,125,541 times
Quote:
I totally agree with all that you have stated. However, the false bottom has dropped out of the economy and there are no jobs for them. Additionally, Obama realizes that whether his presidency is a success or failure is going to depend primarily upon turning this economy around. He has also been made aware that the financial drain and social services drain caused by illegal immigration is very real and also a major reason that this country is disintegrating. Add to that the realization that the first round of globalization has been a dismal failure and getting rid of the social, criminal and tax draining baggage that belongs to others is the first step to turning things right side up in this country.

I predict that he would rather go down in history as an American hero as opposed to the LaRaza sell out that put the final nail in America's coffin. He pandered just enough to get the votes he needed. He's a smart man and he realizes that now is not the time for dual loyalties that only serve to appease the ethnocentrics and the corporate masters. Thus the survival of the American people wins this one hands down. Mexico and the rest of the world gets their illegal alien criminals back.
I am not happy with the immigration problem, but until the Mexican government is held accountable for its corruption it will always be a problem for the USA. The Mexican government and the elite are just as happy to have the poor Mexicans come here. Most Mexicans would stay in their own back yard if their damn country provided the jobs and salaries that they need to live. You have to get to the root of it. Many Mexicans come here just to find work to feed their families, but we are also getting the criminals. Nothing new (the Russian Mafia has a larger presence in the U.S. now than anywhere else).

No matter how much we wish for it to change, Mexico is utterly corrupt politically and it isn't going to stop. A small percentage of elite hold all the wealth in Mexico and they are increasing the distance and disparity between themselves and the country's majority of poor people. The rich in Mexico couldn't care less about our immigration problems, because THEY WANT THEIR NATION'S POOR TO COME HERE. Then they are no longer Mexico's problem.

Old 02-10-2009, 12:32 AM

1,448 posts, read 3,106,636 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
They'll be back.
Dont count on that. Jobs are getting pretty scarce for illegals.

Hire a Bus to Get Illegal Aliens Back to Native Lands - CA Political News by Stephen Frank (http://capoliticalnews.com/s/spip.php?breve7129 - broken link)

Old 02-10-2009, 12:40 AM

61,288 posts, read 87,420,711 times
i dont like the way we are handling our guest worker program. we obviously want them here and then "catch them" doing what we paid them to do. most organizations i know and belong to subcontract janitor and gardening of course which are done by illegals. if i did not know better i would say we want an enslaved people from mexico and china to do our dirty work.

Last edited by Huckleberry3911948; 02-10-2009 at 12:58 AM..

Old 02-10-2009, 06:25 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Springs Gator View Post
Dont count on that. Jobs are getting pretty scarce for illegals.

Hire a Bus to Get Illegal Aliens Back to Native Lands - CA Political News by Stephen Frank (http://capoliticalnews.com/s/spip.php?breve7129 - broken link)
Talk about nerve: those Guatemalans, etc. expect us anti illegal alien folks to pony up the air fares so those criminals can 'safely' fly home? Yet it was perfectly acceptable for them to sneak across Mexico overland.

Again: illegal aliens; grow up and take responsibility for your crimes.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:16 AM

50,289 posts, read 47,043,365 times
How many would use it as a reunion then sneak back in a year after the economy rebounds like the experts say it will.

Old 02-10-2009, 08:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
How many would use it as a reunion then sneak back in a year after the economy rebounds like the experts say it will.
The so-called 'experts' totally blew it about the recession; never mind it actually started in December 2007.

Many other pundits were blindsided by the dramatic housing market crash.

Others were also flabbergasted that a 'Black' (actually mixed race) man won the Presidency fair and square.

Still other experts thought that amnesty would be a foregone conclusion for illegal aliens--------if anything: attitudes are hardening against the above lawbreakers.

Old 02-10-2009, 01:35 PM

15,171 posts, read 18,562,484 times
Quote:
I totally agree with all that you have stated. However, the false bottom has dropped out of the economy and there are no jobs for them. Additionally, Obama realizes that whether his presidency is a success or failure is going to depend primarily upon turning this economy around. He has also been made aware that the financial drain and social services drain caused by illegal immigration is very real and also a major reason that this country is disintegrating. Add to that the realization that the first round of globalization has been a dismal failure and getting rid of the social, criminal and tax draining baggage that belongs to others is the first step to turning things right side up in this country.

I have a feeling you're right. I have never believed amnesty was the ultimate goal due to the ramifications. However, I did believe they would drag their feet, and continue with the status quo to ensure a steady flow of cheap illegal labor. Now that our economy is tanking, and millions of U.S. citizens are unemployed, they have been forced to resort to Plan B -- head ’em up, move ’em out.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration