Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 04:03 AM

7,025 posts, read 11,409,544 times

Advertisements

A study by the National Institute of Educational Evaluation (”INEE”) (of Mexico) reveals that the number of illiterate youths - from 15 to 29 years of age - who emigrate to the United States in search of better living opportunities increased by 20 percent.

It shows that this portion of the population - which did not finish basic education - went from 40 percent in 2004 to 60.2 percent in 2007. (Sic) According to its reports they come mainly from Chiapas, Durango, Veracruz, Michoacán, Oaxaca and Guerrero, states which have the highest level of poverty and marginalization as well as indigenous population.

Mexicans who enter the United States illegally lack education « M3 Report

Because a massive population of poverty and illiteracy is just what the US needs . . .
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 05:50 AM

Location: Where laws can be ignored due to political correctness
1,111 posts, read 1,852,462 times
And we have to provide for them because not doing so implies we're bigots.

Old 02-11-2009, 10:57 AM

870 posts, read 1,626,882 times
yep....and now schools are going to be struggling for money because they have to have all these programs in place to educate these PROBLEMS.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:04 AM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by antireconquista View Post
And we have to provide for them because not doing so implies we're bigots.

guess I am a bigot then. I do not see a need for me, a legal citizen of the USA to provide any money or education at all, to anyone not a legal citizen of the USA.

Old 02-11-2009, 11:55 AM

8,978 posts, read 16,556,692 times
Mexicans who enter the US illegally lack a LOT of things....most of them lack jobs; many of them lack the ability to speak English; a lot of them lack education....and ALL of them lack permission to enter the country.

Old 02-12-2009, 02:50 PM

4,627 posts, read 10,472,373 times
Yes, I agree with you. It should be illegal to lack education.

Old 02-12-2009, 03:01 PM

16,880 posts, read 15,198,564 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SeeBee View Post
Yes, I agree with you. It should be illegal to lack education.

to legal citizens i agree, but to illegals, they should be deported back to the country of where they came from.

Old 02-12-2009, 03:29 PM

1,092 posts, read 2,699,643 times
Come on folks, let's get some intelligent conversation here, not the typical "send them back" response. Why do you believe that his people come here? Does it hurt you personally that they don't have an education? What do you think should be done with illegal kids that want an education in our US universities, are willing to pay for it, but can't get in because they are illegal citizens? Do think it is fair to "discriminate" ( and I am using the term loosely) against a student that wants to better himself and maybe give back to the community where he is illegal? Let's get some brain storming on.

Old 02-12-2009, 04:23 PM

16,087 posts, read 41,162,235 times
Yes I found it odd when Anglos are making higher grades in Spanish class than the native speakers in the same class - until I realized that they were illiterate in their own language. Truly sad.

Old 02-12-2009, 06:19 PM

50,288 posts, read 47,043,365 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CLTKing View Post
Come on folks, let's get some intelligent conversation here, not the typical "send them back" response. Why do you believe that his people come here? Does it hurt you personally that they don't have an education? What do you think should be done with illegal kids that want an education in our US universities, are willing to pay for it, but can't get in because they are illegal citizens? Do think it is fair to "discriminate" ( and I am using the term loosely) against a student that wants to better himself and maybe give back to the community where he is illegal? Let's get some brain storming on.

You obviously:
A. Don't live in a big City covered with Illegals or.
B. Don't have kids in the public school system.

If you did you would know how big of an issue it is. Here in CA the school lunch program just ran out of money and , oddly enough, just about the same amount the 3 million Illegal Alien offspring are using up in the free lunch and free after school programs.

I need no more evidence than the evidence I received of volunteering a year at various schools.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration