Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-11-2009, 02:17 PM

638 posts, read 1,848,379 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by macmeal View Post
I'd like to hear more about this..is it truly a "pogrom" against the Hispanic population of Arizona, or something less.

Can anybody from Phoenix help us out here? Is it safe for Hispanics? If you know anything, please answer ASAP..

Thanks.
First of all, that Hispanics allow themselves to be associated with illegal aliens, is like shooting your foot after you've hacked it off. Second, there really aren't as many diversified races in the Phoenix Valley as there are in other cities, i.e., you can count the number of Vietnamese restaurants on one hand (Phoenix Valley is about 2 hours to drive across), and I knew they existed, but there were months sometimes I wouldn't see a black person. My neighbor was a full-blood Apache, same tribe as Geronimo, could've passed for a Mexican if it served his purpose to do so, until he said something. Navaho are plenty. Mexicans of Indian decent are present in Scottsdale too, they are a beautiful people, and I've occasionally seen them in Orlando too . . the scum, who knows where that comes from.

Lived in Scottsdale for 2 years . . said this in every thread, people like Sheriff Joe would probably not be elected if it weren't for specific problems, i.e, illegal aliens. Scottsdale is mostly white, average income is $50k, but it has illegal alien slums (I can't point you to them on a map), and people who live near them say "Don't cross the street".

You want to live like that? That you can't go across the street because illegal alien scum pisses on a wall and calls it "territory". People don't say it, but they think it : Kill every one of them. Parasites. Live near one of these drop-houses, or one of these neighborhoods, and you'll have no misunderstanding that organized crime is behind each and every illegal alien in this country. That corruption of organized crime is evident in our government, our media, and all you have to do is listen to them. Human trafickking (which includes sex trafficking) is big business, and only trumped by arms and drugs.

I don't have anything good to say about Sheriff Joe. He's not the type of character you want to have in power. Get rid of the problem with illegal aliens and people like Sheriff Joe go away. Seems pretty simple.

Phoenix Mayor, Phoenix Police Department, the former Governor, regurgitated La Raza propaganda word for word during my time there. Hated to read the newspapers (i.e., Arizona Republic), it's that sickening. And the thing between them and Sheriff Joe is an ongoing circus.

As for Navarrette, he's been on my "******* of the month" award program for a long time as a propagandists in favor of illegal aliens. He is a racist who calls people racist to further the spread of hate.

Last edited by r601020; 02-11-2009 at 02:51 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-11-2009, 02:39 PM

8,978 posts, read 16,552,765 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by r601020 View Post

As for Navarrette, he's been on my "******* of the month" award program for a long time as a propagandists in favor of illegal aliens. He is a racist who calls people racist to further the spread of hate.
Yes, I used to be a regular reader of Navarrette, and in MY experience, at least, he's always been pretty much a 'single-issue guy'. No question at all whose side HE'S on, regardless of the particular issue of the day...and you don't hear a lot of objectivity out of him, either...if a guy's a hard-working illegal immigrant, he's a "good guy"....and if he's a violent CRIMINAL illegal immigrant, well, there's probably a good REASON for it...he's STILL a "good guy" underneath, just driven to crime by 'circumstances' and by 'lack of opportunity'.

Navarrette is good "bathroom reading", but don't look to him for much of a balanced view......He's a little like Yvette Cabrera in many respects (well, not QUITE as pretty, maybe).....LOTS of writings and endless 'pieces' on illegal immigrants, and not one 'bad guy' among them.......

Last edited by macmeal; 02-11-2009 at 02:50 PM..

Old 02-11-2009, 06:34 PM

1,117 posts, read 1,994,034 times
Sheriff Joe doesn't racially profile. Let's face it...there are SO many illegal aliens in Arizona that the chances of a "brown-skinned", Spanish speaking person being in the country illegally are probably about 5 to 1.

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and looks like a duck.....

THEN IT IS PROBABLY A DUCK!

Old 02-11-2009, 07:11 PM

50,247 posts, read 47,005,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post
It is true that Joe keeps getting elected but the numbers do not lie...with each passing election his numbers are waning.

Illegals are down in Phoenix and I have have issues with that. I do have issue with him allowing profiling based on skin color.

My main issue with Joe is his constant abuse of power. Anyone in the political or media field that speaks out about him is in danger of being drug through the mud and having Joe open an investigation on them. Here is the latest of the witch hunts he is on...

Sheriff Arpaio's Office Wants E-mails and Other Public Records From 36 County Officials
You have an issue with fewer Illegals in Phoenix?

Old 02-11-2009, 07:24 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
Sheriff Joe doesn't racially profile. Let's face it...there are SO many illegal aliens in Arizona that the chances of a "brown-skinned", Spanish speaking person being in the country illegally are probably about 5 to 1.

If it walks like a duck, talks like a duck, and looks like a duck.....

THEN IT IS PROBABLY A DUCK!
That's what Dick Cheney thought....it LOOKED like a duck..he pulled the trigger..and OOPS !!!..it wasn't a duck AFTER all..it was an ATTORNEY !!....

oh, well.....

(sometimes I quack myself up !!)

Old 02-11-2009, 10:24 PM

3,502 posts, read 9,603,649 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1AngryTaxPayer View Post
You have an issue with fewer Illegals in Phoenix?
no issues with fewer illegals...I pay taxes you know

and ouch this has to hurt

Judge continues lawsuit over Arpaio sweeps

Old 02-12-2009, 08:26 AM

50,247 posts, read 47,005,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibarrio View Post

Illegals are down in Phoenix and I have have issues with that. I do have issue with him allowing profiling based on skin color.
Get off the fence, either you have issues with them or you don't, which is it?

Old 02-12-2009, 09:11 AM

Quote:
That's what Dick Cheney thought....it LOOKED like a duck..he pulled the trigger..and OOPS !!!..it wasn't a duck AFTER all..it was an ATTORNEY !!....

oh, well.....

(sometimes I quack myself up !!)
What the hell does Dick Cheney's accidentally shooting a fellow hunter have to do with illegal immigration? Your logic escapes me.

Old 02-12-2009, 09:20 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by FormerCaliforniaGirl View Post
What the hell does Dick Cheney's accidentally shooting a fellow hunter have to do with illegal immigration? Your logic escapes me.
It escapes MOST people, including my current psychologist. In fact, he called me just yesterday, and informed me that if I didn't start paying my bill, he was going to let me go crazy.

Guess my logic escapes HIM, as well....

Old 02-12-2009, 10:03 AM

Quote:
It escapes MOST people, including my current psychologist. In fact, he called me just yesterday, and informed me that if I didn't start paying my bill, he was going to let me go crazy.

Guess my logic escapes HIM, as well....
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > General Forums > Politics and Other Controversies > Illegal Immigration